Base overrun by bred Rex's

Paramaya

On 4/27/2019 at 12:56 PM, Paramaya said:

I'm new to breeding. I had about 7 or 8 high level tames. I bred four of them, 2 males, 2 females. Got a mutation with higher stats, bred that mutation back into the tames, got another mutation with desirable stats, started breeding the muts together. I came to a stand still until I introduced a new tame. A 120 female with Easter event colors who had high stam and high melee. Bred her with some of the mutations, got more muts, higher stats. Now I'm stuck. Capped at lvl 244, HP at 10k, stam 1554, Ox 675, food 11700, weight (boosted for SP), Melee 525, MS 100, Torp 24149.5, unimprinted. I had about 6 clones cloning clones basically.  No less than 100 eggs and none of them were mutated or came out with different stats. So, I've reintroduced the 120 female and I'm currently collecting eggs for a mass hatch. I've already hatched about 7 with no desirable or higher stats. So, by "clean" do you mean a fresh offspring from two tames? With no imprints? 

If you're playing on official difficulty, 120 is too low of a level for breeding quality. You really want to be taming 135+, 140+ on Ragnarok. Also you're looking for specific stat values to breed. Stats are basically the wild level up points animals randomly generate when they spawn. To breed boss level rexes, or just strong animals in general, you want to look for the highest possible value in the stats you want and breed only those together. Once you have two animals with those high stats, breed them together until you start getting mutations. Then keep breeding them with "clean" aka 0/0 0/0 mutated animals, keeping only the mutations in stats you want. Replace the mutated one with the new mutation each time of course.

Generally you want to use the Ark Smart Breeding program or a mod like the Awesome Spyglass to figure out how many stat points your animals have, for breeding you're looking for 40+ points in each stat you want to breed. For boss rexes you only need HP and melee damage, you can ignore the rest.

ETA: Also don't bother imprinting breeding animals, you're not going to ever ride them or anything so it's wasted effort that obscures your base stats.

Archived