Base overrun by bred Rex's

Paramaya

If you're on pve, please don't let them wander on agressive like suggested, especially not during the event. They might eat other people's knocked out dinos, and there's no way to stop them.

I'd put grey saddles on them, throw in a tamed yuti and do gamma ape or brood.

If you play on SE, build a trap, place the rexes inside an lure wyverns to them by stealing eggs. This way you might get good eggs or eggs for kibble, and talons for the manticore fight.

I have a similar situation, but with my Rexs &  Allosauras.  So I have been just using the "unwanted" ones to run the Gamma & Beta Boss on Rag.  It is slowly killing off a few each time, but I am getting element in return.

As soon as I'm finished with my "A Team", I will start jumping to the other maps to use them against those bosses.

30 minutes ago, Paramaya said:

Hey, is it common to have a base overrun like this when trying to breed up? I've just gotten to a base of 244. My base is overburdened. How am I going to get these to 400?

Yes its common for a big breeding project to take 50-100 slots of tribe cap. The trick is to be REAL stingy with stats and kill any unwanted babies. A good pike will do for now.

Why do you have so many? Keeping all the mutations seperate? Keep getting muts? Whats the problem behind it maybe we can help. Use the quote function to reply it makes it a lot more fluid.

7 hours ago, Paramaya said:

Hey, is it common to have a base overrun like this when trying to breed up? I've just gotten to a base of 244. My base is overburdened. How am I going to get these to 400?

I find it's more common with newer breeders. You're not sure what's worth keeping so you just keep everything. Or the sunk cost fallacy sets in and you don't want to "waste" all of these bred animals. Or you keep getting cool colors, etc. It's necessary to be ruthless when it comes to culling unwanted bred animals, even mutated ones if they aren't advancing your bloodline the way you want.

For mutation stacking you only really need 10-15 active breeders max. 1 clean male, 5-10 clean females (depends on server, breeding timers and how much time you have available to play) and whatever your current bloodline is, ideally 1 mutated male. For stats that's all that's necessary.

I do find the number one reason people end up hoarding mutations is because of all the colors. If that's why you're keeping them, I would strongly suggest picking only your absolute favorite colors and selling/trading/killing off the rest. Another option is to level up the rexes you have that aren't part of the current bloodline, throw saddles on them and go run low level bosses. Make sure your own gear is expendable and that way it doesn't really matter if you die or not.

I'm new to breeding. I had about 7 or 8 high level tames. I bred four of them, 2 males, 2 females. Got a mutation with higher stats, bred that mutation back into the tames, got another mutation with desirable stats, started breeding the muts together. I came to a stand still until I introduced a new tame. A 120 female with Easter event colors who had high stam and high melee. Bred her with some of the mutations, got more muts, higher stats. Now I'm stuck. Capped at lvl 244, HP at 10k, stam 1554, Ox 675, food 11700, weight (boosted for SP), Melee 525, MS 100, Torp 24149.5, unimprinted. I had about 6 clones cloning clones basically.  No less than 100 eggs and none of them were mutated or came out with different stats. So, I've reintroduced the 120 female and I'm currently collecting eggs for a mass hatch. I've already hatched about 7 with no desirable or higher stats. So, by "clean" do you mean a fresh offspring from two tames? With no imprints? 

8 hours ago, Paramaya said:

I'm new to breeding. I had about 7 or 8 high level tames. I bred four of them, 2 males, 2 females. Got a mutation with higher stats, bred that mutation back into the tames, got another mutation with desirable stats, started breeding the muts together. I came to a stand still until I introduced a new tame. A 120 female with Easter event colors who had high stam and high melee. Bred her with some of the mutations, got more muts, higher stats. Now I'm stuck. Capped at lvl 244, HP at 10k, stam 1554, Ox 675, food 11700, weight (boosted for SP), Melee 525, MS 100, Torp 24149.5, unimprinted. I had about 6 clones cloning clones basically.  No less than 100 eggs and none of them were mutated or came out with different stats. So, I've reintroduced the 120 female and I'm currently collecting eggs for a mass hatch. I've already hatched about 7 with no desirable or higher stats. So, by "clean" do you mean a fresh offspring from two tames? With no imprints? 

By clean I mean not mutation capped (20+/20 on both mutation counts) You cant get mutations if youre 20+ on both sides (breed heavy mutated with 0/0 0/0 partner until you get females with all stats and 0/20 on one side)

Archived