Community Crunch 178: Classic PvP, Patch Wednesday, Social Roundup, and Game Suggestions!

StudioWildcard

How about fixing server performance FOR REAL this time? Optimization does not exist in ARK since the beginning, but after the Homestead update, this game is annoying as hell.

I previously play on Lagnarok and I had to move to another map because of lags and fatal errors. Then I moved to The Center and it was much better, which is understandable - this map is way smaller and little less complex (more water instead of landmass). I was glad then. But Wildcard decided to screw things up a bit and released a sloppy copy of Structures Plus called "Homestead". And FPS on my server dropped dramatically.

But hey, after some time WC released another useless update with ugly dinos and pathetic skins, which ruined S+ Wood Railings and lowered server performance even more. Now I have to deal with textureless S+ railings, because those made by Wildcard look MUCH worse. Not to mention random and often FPS drops together with rubberbanding and being reversed thirty meters while running from Rex, basically teleported just under his nose. I barely survived East Lava Cave on no-tame The Center because of lags. I had to prepare three times more grappling hooks in case of being teleported down while trying to jump onto the cliff.

What happened to Raptors as well? They're now slower than sprinting human? Did you screwed something during Managarmr nerfing process? I wouldn't be surprised, as you managed to destroy all vaults and characters while trying to release a "fix" few weeks ago.

I don't know how you do it and how messy is your game code, but I'm considering leaving ARK after almost 2,000 hours played because of your bungling. This is nearly unplayable and because you lack of priorities, it's getting worse with every update. People are waiting for weeks for their chars being restored, but you are focused on Marshmallow Dino Hat being unable to make in the cooking pot. Well done...

I don't even hope that you fix your game one day - it's no longer possible to save. ARK 2? Maybe when created from scratch... and by completely separate studio, because Wildcard is incompetent enough to maintain its own game. Sad. I'm glad that I bought ARK when it was in an early beta and cheap. Now it is still in beta and is expensive in addition. You won't smell any of my money anymore, Wildcard.

I hope you are not preparing another "fix" for a fix of a fix for previous fix, because I'm scared that one day my whole house on The Center will collapse because of your improvements.

No regards.

13 hours ago, Dzieciak said:

How about fixing server performance FOR REAL this time? Optimization does not exist in ARK since the beginning, but after the Homestead update, this game is annoying as hell.

I previously play on Lagnarok and I had to move to another map because of lags and fatal errors. Then I moved to The Center and it was much better, which is understandable - this map is way smaller and little less complex (more water instead of landmass). I was glad then. But Wildcard decided to screw things up a bit and released a sloppy copy of Structures Plus called "Homestead". And FPS on my server dropped dramatically.

But hey, after some time WC released another useless update with ugly dinos and pathetic skins, which ruined S+ Wood Railings and lowered server performance even more. Now I have to deal with textureless S+ railings, because those made by Wildcard look MUCH worse. Not to mention random and often FPS drops together with rubberbanding and being reversed thirty meters while running from Rex, basically teleported just under his nose. I barely survived East Lava Cave on no-tame The Center because of lags. I had to prepare three times more grappling hooks in case of being teleported down while trying to jump onto the cliff.

What happened to Raptors as well? They're now slower than sprinting human? Did you screwed something during Managarmr nerfing process? I wouldn't be surprised, as you managed to destroy all vaults and characters while trying to release a "fix" few weeks ago.

I don't know how you do it and how messy is your game code, but I'm considering leaving ARK after almost 2,000 hours played because of your bungling. This is nearly unplayable and because you lack of priorities, it's getting worse with every update. People are waiting for weeks for their chars being restored, but you are focused on Marshmallow Dino Hat being unable to make in the cooking pot. Well done...

I don't even hope that you fix your game one day - it's no longer possible to save. ARK 2? Maybe when created from scratch... and by completely separate studio, because Wildcard is incompetent enough to maintain its own game. Sad. I'm glad that I bought ARK when it was in an early beta and cheap. Now it is still in beta and is expensive in addition. You won't smell any of my money anymore, Wildcard.

I hope you are not preparing another "fix" for a fix of a fix for previous fix, because I'm scared that one day my whole house on The Center will collapse because of your improvements.

No regards.

Chill your tits 

On 4/22/2019 at 8:46 PM, Onimusha759 said:

Ascension bug needs addressed and the argys carry has been broke since tlc2.  It can no longer carry hostile creatures safely to a taming pit because everything begins chomping on it.  The tek shield needs implemented into the extinction loot table and if you add the riot shield too, the tek 1 needs buffed to allow its superior status the rest of the tek weapons and armor have.  As with the ascension bug, im missing an ingame reward i should have that the bug caused over a year ago.  The reward is the birthday suit you get for max lvl.  Even if i wanted to reacquire it i cant because i have to ascend to hit max lvl and itll wipe me again if i do.  Whole endgame is F'd as long as this persists.  Unlike odd lil changes that arnt that important, this is actually an important core element of the game and deserves an instant reaction from the dev team.

I would honestly like to know from the Dev's if the whole "Argies taking damage from hostiles wilds" was intended or not. It seems like a very stupid thing to do to a useful taming pet.

Edited by Seshter

On 4/22/2019 at 8:46 PM, Onimusha759 said:

Ascension bug needs addressed and the argys carry has been broke since tlc2.  It can no longer carry hostile creatures safely to a taming pit because everything begins chomping on it.  The tek shield needs implemented into the extinction loot table and if you add the riot shield too, the tek 1 needs buffed to allow its superior status the rest of the tek weapons and armor have.  As with the ascension bug, im missing an ingame reward i should have that the bug caused over a year ago.  The reward is the birthday suit you get for max lvl.  Even if i wanted to reacquire it i cant because i have to ascend to hit max lvl and itll wipe me again if i do.  Whole endgame is F'd as long as this persists.  Unlike odd lil changes that arnt that important, this is actually an important core element of the game and deserves an instant reaction from the dev team.

I would honestly like to know from the Dev's if the whole "Argies taking damage from hostiles wilds was intended or not. It seems like a very stupid thing to do to a useful taming pet.

Edited by Seshter
trying to delete this duplicate but can't find out how.

I would like this game to have more depth and variety to it. As it is, it's just a boring grindy, greify, sandbox with no soul. 

You need to add more variety and depth to all kinds of combat. This boring hit-for-hit garbage is linear and uninspired. You need to add combos for both human and animal melee, and an actual dodge/ block system for them as well. Shields are useless if a enemy player can just hack and slash you till it breaks.

You need to add more points of interest that actually have a point. Not just some lame dossier hidden in a overcrowded cave.

Exploring is boring and pointless in this game simply due to the scenery not telling any kinds of stories of past survivors or anything to do with the fall of humanity other than some vague dossiers. Random ruins don't tell stories.

You need to add ACTUAL endgame content. And I don't mean more bosses. I mean after you've gotten all tek gear and all OP tames, there should be something else to do besides fight bosses over and over for no real purpose or profit. Or grief other players.

You need to add more variety in building items in terms of uniqueness or styles. It's boring to see stone, wood and metal buildings dotting the landscapes everywhere. Make texture packs for wood, stone and metal building items. Make more interesting tech tools to use for grinding materials like a Jackhammer for example. Everyone looks the exact same in this game and it's boring. Adding colours to armor and animals isn't good enough. It's basically same crap different pile.

You also need to make an ACTUAL point to PVP besides senseless destruction for the sake of boredom. There really is no point to raiding someone for resources aside from maybe Cryo'd animals. The amount of time and resources wasted in a raid could have gone to simply farming those resources yourself.

This game was a solid & unique idea Wildcard. But it's just to basic to truly be placed among the greatest games of all time.

I'm sure I could think of more if I wasn't stuck at work. If anyone else disagrees or would like to add more to this please comment.

Thank you for your time Wildcard - Seshter.

Edit after thought: Oh and if possible, make it so that single player can run in the back round whilst having your game or console shut off. I like to play with legit stats, but it's difficult to justify breeding a Giga that takes 14 days to do and at the same time, my crops will not grow without me having my game turned on. So I always end up cheating and turning the stats up to work around that, and I don't like it personally. AFK'ing with my system on is not a good work around as that I cannot (and sure other's cannot too)leave my system running all day long.

Edited by Seshter
  • Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 4:48 PM, Jae12 said:

When are console players getting new servers? Pc has gotten conquest and classic before we’ve gotten anything! I mean it’s been almost 11 months since we’ve gotten anything and you can see the numbers on official going down. People can’t get big on small tribes because they just get wiped right after starting. Just please give us some love... I’m pretty sure we spent 60 bucks on the game just like pc did. 

Agree, regular console official is pretty dead and small tribes is fun but encourages a gross amount of commitment to the game as well as the issues you stated. I think its about time console players got a new event server we missed out on conquest,  and I'm sure plenty would love a new event cluster like classic pvp.

On 4/23/2019 at 12:48 AM, MykTronic said:

I just want some region painting on Dino’s, maybe some light wall clipping so I don’t have weird gaps in my base walls, and we got a funky rock on island181 in sz3

The region painting on Dino' would be awesome. Like using the Paint Sprayer on structures. We could use the Paint Sprayer on Dinos. 

• Like 1