Community Crunch 178: Classic PvP, Patch Wednesday, Social Roundup, and Game Suggestions!

StudioWildcard

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

Update On Classic PvP!

It's been over a month since we launched Classic PvP and we've read a lot of feedback since launch! Today we'd like to announce upcoming changes for Classic PvP this week. 

On Wednesday 4/24, Classic PvP will be merging all of the separated clusters into one large cluster. Our current Official PvP Network will remain unaffected. Tweaks to existing gameplay and the addition of removed content are still things that are under consideration. 

Be sure to remove anything you have uploaded prior to Wednesday.  Merging clusters require deleting items you have may have in upload.

Thank you for sharing your ideas and suggestions on Classic PvP! Let us know your thoughts!

Upcoming Patch This Wednesdsay!

We'd like to let survivors know that there is a patch coming down the pipeline this Wednesday to fix a couple of issues that popped up in the Eggcellent Adventure update. Here is a list of the changes coming to PC, Xbox, and PS4 on April 24th, 10am PST:

Eggcellent Adventure

• Added missing Dino Marshmallow Hat skin to the Cooking Pot

Plant X

• Disabled Fast Turret Targeting change for now, further iteration required

Dinos

• Fixed movement bugs related to stacked impulses change which affected movement for Managarmr, Gasbags, and others

Turrets

• Now ignore players using 'leavemealone' or 'enemyinvisible' admin cheats

Mantis

• Fix for weapons not equipping properly

Social Roundup!

Image result for ark lasso

The Social Roundup is a new addition to the Community Crunch that is geared to showing you some of the social activity you might be otherwise missing. Here we will highlight some of the posts that happened on our various social platforms. Topics might range from existing bugs to questions about events or future content. 

Let us know in the comments below if this is something you'd like to see more of, and we'll be sure to include more posts in future Community Crunches!

ON PATCH RELATED BUGS

ON MANAGARMR BALANCE

ON TRIKE CHARGE ABILITY

ON PS4 TEK STORAGE DISPLAY

ON DISCUSSING FUTURE CONTENT

ON MESHING

ON CLASSIC/DUO SERVERS

Game Suggestions!

Image result for ark emote

Suggestions and feedback are very important for developing a healthy and successful game and we want to make sure we're seeing them all.  Currently, there is a dedicated forum for Suggestions here on the Community Forums, but well be turning that into something much more robust! Soon you will be able to submit feedback and upvote other ideas you would like to see in the game. This will allow us to easily see what things are getting the most attention.

We'll be looking to make this change to the Feedback forum tomorrowBe on the lookout for the change and start getting your ideas in! We're excited to implement new ways to engage and hear your feedback.  

Evolution Event!

large.large.EvoEvent.png.eeb58694dd9d4cb

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 26th of April at 1 PM EST until Monday the 29th of April at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

• 2x Harvesting Rates
  • 2x Taming Rates
  • 2x EXP Rates

That's it for this post!

As always if you’ve got anything to share you can find us at:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

View full article

• Like 2

Some suggestions for classic:

Enable some Tek like Teleporters / Feeding Troughs /  Tek Armor / Tek Generator. Only the QoL stuff, it would make the game a lot more enjoyable.
Enable Quetz to be tamed but disabble the Quetz platform saddle. ( Argies are a pain to duo farm with )
Cap blueprints by rarity, As a big tribe we have all blueprints capped so no need to loot anymore. Would be nice if for example ascendant bps could have a cap of 100 instead of 75.

Edited by YetAnotherBob

When are console players getting new servers? Pc has gotten conquest and classic before we’ve gotten anything! I mean it’s been almost 11 months since we’ve gotten anything and you can see the numbers on official going down. People can’t get big on small tribes because they just get wiped right after starting. Just please give us some love... I’m pretty sure we spent 60 bucks on the game just like pc did. 

• Thanks 1

Ascension bug needs addressed and the argys carry has been broke since tlc2.  It can no longer carry hostile creatures safely to a taming pit because everything begins chomping on it.  The tek shield needs implemented into the extinction loot table and if you add the riot shield too, the tek 1 needs buffed to allow its superior status the rest of the tek weapons and armor have.  As with the ascension bug, im missing an ingame reward i should have that the bug caused over a year ago.  The reward is the birthday suit you get for max lvl.  Even if i wanted to reacquire it i cant because i have to ascend to hit max lvl and itll wipe me again if i do.  Whole endgame is F'd as long as this persists.  Unlike odd lil changes that arnt that important, this is actually an important core element of the game and deserves an instant reaction from the dev team.

Can you guys maybe look into a way of making taming wild creatures on official pve a little easier?  I know flyer carry is disabled and for good reason.  But with the ever increasing amount of pillars being built around my map it's making it harder and harder to build a small, temporary, trap to safely tame a creature.  I've been entertaining the idea of being able to cryo a creature once it's unconscious, however, people would still abuse that method.  Maybe adjust the wild creatures in a way that if they were to wake up(after being knocked out, cryo'd, then un-cryo'd) they'd be set to passive wild animal to prevent people from knocking out a wild giga and letting it loose inside someones base.  It wouldn't make it a tame per say but more like a "Claimed Tame".  

idk just an idea.  people in this game are irresponsible and will somehow find a way to grief and ruin it for everyone.  One of my favorite tames is the Tusoteuthis but it's entirely useless on official pve due to not being able to carry wild dinos.  Unofficial would be a good route to go if I really wanted to play with flyer carry enabled but it kinda kills the game for me when all the rates are jacked up.

6 hours ago, Lyricmonster96 said:

Please please PLEASE give Prim+ the justice it deserves. It would make the game infinitely better if the issues were fixed. It's been MONTHS!

I agree.

I'm playing prim+ on PS4 and just one example is that the steel ingots are bugged. You just can't make them at the moment, so half of the items I need to make in the game I can't.

Yet I see nothing about a fix on it in the updates.