Ideas On How to Improve Ark?

Based on a quick scan of the active topics, I would suggest the game content is currently okay, but the lag time, the dino glitches, and the difficulties connecting to the servers are an issue.

From a personal experience, I wish there were a way to 'abandon' a server, and a cap on how many people can be 'registered' to a server. Yeah, there is a 70 person limit on official servers, but that is for people actually logged in at any one moment. Ideally, when you look at a server you want to know registered users.

For instance, if there are 100 registered users, it's probably a tight community of folks. If I join the server, there will be times when no one else is on to help me- or there will always be a couple people on, but not enough for large group assaults. If there are 500 people registered to the server, I may have trouble finding a spot to plop down my noob hut, get resources, or find good quality dinos to tame. (These numbers are abstract to illustrate the point; in actuality they are probably higher).

The second reason for this suggestion is that people often try numerous servers before finding one they like. All the servers show up in the server list as having active survivors, which can be gotten around in Steam's interface until you reinstall the program and have to remember which servers you actually still care about. If you can register to a server, you need to be able to deregister a server, which would remove all dinos and structures with your ID attached, allowing others to claim your old territory sooner. This would allow longer decay timers again on pve servers, letting members of small to medium tribes go on summer vacation or simply spend christmas with family without them harping about how "you're always checking on those dinos, spend some time with real people for a change".

A vacation timer would also be a good idea, for solo players on pve. Maybe the add-on sales could be used for server maintenance and upgrade.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived