How to get better as a solo player (im already good at pvp)

Qaustik

i am wondering how to get better as a solo player, not necessarily pvp because i would consider myself pretty decent at it. I am more looking on how to get better at base building, and spots for bases that are hidden and won't get wiped within the first day. I am also trying to find out where the beaver dams are on rag, i currently have no cementing paste and i live in a raft base made out of stone, i also have a mutated dilo and a mastercraft flak gauntlet, boots, and a helmet (the alpha gave them to me) if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2 minutes ago, Qaustik said:

i am wondering how to get better as a solo player, not necessarily pvp because i would consider myself pretty decent at it. I am more looking on how to get better at base building, and spots for bases that are hidden and won't get wiped within the first day. I am also trying to find out where the beaver dams are on rag, i currently have no cementing paste and i live in a raft base made out of stone, i also have a mutated dilo and a mastercraft flak gauntlet, boots, and a helmet (the alpha gave them to me) if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Dams are in two major spots on rag: Behind green obelisk (betwern green and SE) and behind the castle. Once you see the area you will know. 2 big lakes connected - the best dam spot in the game imho

3 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Dams are in two major spots on rag: Behind green obelisk (betwern green and SE) and behind the castle. Once you see the area you will know. 2 big lakes connected - the best dam spot in the game imho

thanks for the help do you have any tips on getting chitin i need a pteranodon to get over there

9 hours ago, Qaustik said:

The best bit of advice I can give you is to utilize single player mode and learn cheat codes. That way you can warp around the map exploring it finding the resources you seek. You also should be building your base in single player mode to see if it will work for you for free before doing on a real server.

4 hours ago, ThePryBar said:

Learn to build a one by one base. Smithy, forge, mortar/pestle and a bed is all you need to start out and can all be stuffed in the one by one. Build a few scattered about and your golden.

I don’t know how people can have any fun playing like this. Reduced to a mere parasite in 1x1 bases sniping everyone with a prim longneck. It might be interesting the first few hours but then you realize you can’t tame anything or store anything worthwhile, the limits hit pretty fast.

Then again, you mentioned you’re friends with the alpha who gave you gear. I’d kiss up to them, be friendly and eventually they’ll trust you enough to invite. 

Also, there’s no such thing as hidden. It’s a matter of joining up with others and beefing the living crap out of your defenses. Because any skrub with 200% movement speed mindwipe will find you. Or a manag. 

So playing smart makes you a parasite?  The OP is asking about solo pvp and how to improve, not how to get wiped every night. Go ahead build a big base get yourself an argy and a anky waste all that time taming so another player can come along and reap all your hard work. Best advice to be successful solo is to not take advice from clearly pve people who are clueless.  As for hidden, the bigger your base the harder to hide might seem like common sense but apparently not. There are lots of fantastic hiding spots that are hidden to all but those that already know the locations. 

@Qaustik

@MackTheKnife

1 hour ago, ThePryBar said:

So playing smart makes you a parasite?  The OP is asking about solo pvp and how to improve, not how to get wiped every night. Go ahead build a big base get yourself an argy and a anky waste all that time taming so another player can come along and reap all your hard work. Best advice to be successful solo is to not take advice from clearly pve people who are clueless.  As for hidden, the bigger your base the harder to hide might seem like common sense but apparently not. There are lots of fantastic hiding spots that are hidden to all but those that already know the locations. 

@Qaustik

@MackTheKnife

Well if you want to waste your time and never amount to anything larger than 1 foundation, solo is the choice. But eventually you’re gonna want in on a tribe as solo is incredibly boring, even a sadistic griefer gets bored. I’ve been alone for almost 2 years and hated it. I was actually doing extremely well solo until i got meshed. Now i’m in pvE ?

I am saying the OP should look into joining that alpha as that will be the only chance at survival he has. 

1 hour ago, ThePryBar said:

get yourself an argy and a anky waste all that time taming so another player can come along and reap all your hard work

There are people who actually play without anky or an argy? How the hell do you expect to have any fun running up to a metal mountain, pick 100 metal because of weight limit, and go back down all while avoiding creatures/overweight?

I’d rather be raided because at least i didn’t have to suffer that experience ?

Plenty of ways to thrive playing solo. If you already know the alpha, ask them if it's ok to build up on their server and do your raiding on a different one. Otherwise find a server with low pop to build up in. If you game daily make use of storing your tames before logging out.  Leave walls missing in your base, most people will overlook it if it looks like it was already raided. Hide storage boxes everywhere, you can hide small ones in foundations, so build a taming pen with storage hidden everywhere no one will look twice at it.  Don't listen to the haters playing solo is my preferred way to play, if I want to build cool builds and have lots of tames that's what pve and solo modes are for.  Don't join an alpha either, I made the mistake once and it was just really boring.

4 hours ago, ArkRage said:

Ask SaltyMonkey. He tends to tell people to git gud. xD

I think you’ll find the full term is git gud scrub ?

I haven’t delved in PvP on this game in a while and even then it was small team based. I chose the easy life when hosting to enjoy the rest of my Ark days so it’s all PvE for me.

With that said, our tribe split up and we all went solo from then on after our PvP days. We’re still allied and will do things that require another person if need be, but predominantly we’re of a solo nature.

My private cluster was created for the solo player to enjoy everything the game has to offer...

If you don’t mind the grind, there are dead Basils in the north east on Ragnarok, that when harvested give loads of keratin (plus spoiled meat and hide).

Alternatively, you’re better off getting a flyer if you want paste from the beaver dams as all locations are just enough inland to cause an issue on foot. I place my flyer in a secure lockup with beds, then run naked to get paste out of the dams - letting the beavers kill me so I can loot my body in peace.

Once I have a beehive, I make cakes for a small snail farm. Collecting paste every 90 minutes soon adds up when you don’t require it.

Clearly you were never very good at being solo, only noobs farm actual resources, you farm to get grenades then steal good gear and use other people's resources to better your time. You can build a raider raft in a couple hours equipped with all you need to farm other people, in the same time frame your still grinding up narco to get that soon to be dead argy/anky combo that took all day to get. Set up a metal farm near a drop or on top of a hill and use parachutes or even better a glider suit because a glider is fast and discrete.

Play SMARTER NOT HARDER because your playing PVP SOLO so there are no excuses, it's all on you if you want to play nice like in PVE then prepare to get raided all the time. Playing PVP SOLO means you will have to be ruthless and non sympathetic to other players, take all that they have because it's all been nicely harvested just for you to come along and go " oh hey freebs " .

To many people suck at pvp because they think about other people's feelings more then their own enjoyment. It sucks to get raided, anyone worth their salt in pvp understands that, they understand the grind it took and the hours invested. 

So you got meshed and are now content with pve ha! You just suck that's all so no need to leave any advice for a player that wants to play solo pvp, not join a tribe, not get blown into nightly. 

@MackTheKnife

8 hours ago, ThePryBar said:

So you got meshed and are now content with pve ha! You just suck that's all so no need to leave any advice for a player that wants to play solo pvp, not join a tribe, not get blown into nightly. 

Now i know you’re just a trolling scumbag because you said it’s my fault i got meshed. So how am i supposed to git gud, Mr. Sociopath? Build defenses in meshable spots? Oh, wait. That’s right..I GOT WIPED BY THE DEVS FOR THAT.

1 hour ago, MackTheKnife said:

Now i know you’re just a trolling scumbag because you said it’s my fault i got meshed. So how am i supposed to git gud, Mr. Sociopath? Build defenses in meshable spots? Oh, wait. That’s right..I GOT WIPED BY THE DEVS FOR THAT.

Where did I say it was your fault that you got meshed? Come on now you could at least quote where I said it was your fault, if not then quit putting words in my script. Um git gud? Do you mean get good? Mr. Sociopath lol I will take that as a compliment ?.  

The devs stated quite clearly what the results of what you did to protect yourself would be, your own fault.  When I got meshed a few months ago I took off a couple weeks and tried to get my money's worth out of fallout 76, cooled down and am back at pvp ark. I'm on a boat now lol can't mesh boats but your defences can be clipped so there's that. 

So you like telling other people to join a tribe well why didn't you? 

Fallout 76 sucks by the way.

14 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

Where did I say it was your fault that you got meshed? Come on now you could at least quote where I said it was your fault, if not then quit putting words in my script. Um git gud? Do you mean get good? Mr. Sociopath lol I will take that as a compliment ?.  

The devs stated quite clearly what the results of what you did to protect yourself would be, your own fault.  When I got meshed a few months ago I took off a couple weeks and tried to get my money's worth out of fallout 76, cooled down and am back at pvp ark. I'm on a boat now lol can't mesh boats but your defences can be clipped so there's that. 

So you like telling other people to join a tribe well why didn't you? 

Fallout 76 sucks by the way.

I basically quit Xbox and only play very few things now, i’m 100% on Runescape. Tried Conan as an Ark replacement, gameplay is good but it’s lag is even worse. 

Oh before my solo venture all i ever played was large tribe warfare. But with that many people in a tribe, even after you’ve trusted them for 6 months with ranks, there’s always an inside rat. 

Archived