Mutation Stacking Questions

DeHammer

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

Only once you got that 20 mutations in hp on 1 dino and 20 dmg on another should you breed the lines together because youll hit that 20 mutation cap faster if you dont thus making breeding 2x harder for you

Hello,

This method of breeding in Ark is very accepted but what is always left out is that you reject most mutations you get. Or do you have a way to consistently get mutations into just one stat and not into other stats?  The 20 mutatons limit can be fully ignored since baby stats range well past 50 mutations on official into one stat. Official servers never use this merhod.

Not that official servers are the best,  however people talk and find other breeding methods that are much better.

So if you want to keep your mutations and stack them what ever stat that is chosen from mother or father use another method.

/Ariana

19 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

This method of breeding in Ark is very accepted but what is always left out is that you reject most mutations you get. Or do you have a way to consistently get mutations into just one stat and not into other stats?  The 20 mutatons limit can be fully ignored since baby stats range well past 50 mutations on official into one stat. Official servers never use this merhod.

Not that official servers are the best,  however people talk and find other breeding methods that are much better.

So if you want to keep your mutations and stack them what ever stat that is chosen from mother or father use another method.

/Ariana

Actually doing the math over not keeping a pure line is more effective.  It take me 8000 eggs to get 40 mutations but only 6000 for you, if we focused purely on 2 stats...Dang, good going making me do the math.

On 4/23/2019 at 7:34 AM, Onimusha759 said:

You can get 50 yes but once you hit 20 you have half the chance for any mutations.  If i want 20 in dmg and 20 in hp, i could get all 40 at the 1/200 eggs, so roughly 8000 eggs for 40 mutations.  If i didnt do pure lines id hit 10hp and 10dmg at 4000 eggs and then id need 8000 more to get the other 20 mutations making it 12000 eggs.  My method is 50% more effective.

If you do not take care of the small mutation chance it is your choise.

Example:

Not caring about stacked stats or colour just focused on mutation chance.

12 345 mutations of 20 I write as displayed ingame, 12345/20.

12345/20 mother side 678/20 father side dino, female, can not mutate, mated with 12345/20 mother side 19/20 father side dino, male, this dino can repeatedly give mutations.

Baby from above parents can only get a mutation change in one stat and one colour region. If 12345/20,  (19+1)/20 is displayed ingame as 20/20. This baby can not mutate futher, once fully grown female.

Using a zeroing male 0/20 mother side and 0/20 father side, no mutations.

A new baby with (12345+20)/20 mother side or (12345+19)/20 and (0+0)/20 father side is displayed ingame. This new baby can again mutate another baby once fully grown one mutation roll.

So no need to waste mutation chances if you don't want to do so.

Regards, respectfully,

Ariana 

11 hours ago, DeHammer said:

Another question... if you get a mutation with a desired stat enhancement, but an absolutely hideous color mutation that you definitely do not want... is there an opportunity in the future to transfer the useful stat boost without having to take the color aspect of the mutation? Or are you better off trashing that mutated dino and just continue looking for the same stat enhancement in a mutation with a more appealing or less obvious color alteration? 

Hello,

If you ignore the colour and just want the stat then the colour wash out eventually. It is naturally made as you progress.

However if you like and want the colour you get into trouble. The only way at early breeding is to save the mutated dino as a nice dino. I rather get the same colour later once more than breeding countless failed colour and stat dinos just to get that colour in.

/Ari

13 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

You do not get more mutations with a method. All methods give one chance from mother and one chance from father. 

If you do not take care of that chance it is your choise.

Example:

Not caring about stacked stats or colour just focused on mutation chance.

12 345 mutations of 20 I write as displayed ingame, 12345/20.

12345/20 mother side 678/20 father side dino, female, can not mutate, mated with 12345/20 mother side 19/20 father side dino, male, this dino can repeatedly give mutations.

Baby from above parents can only get a mutation change in one stat and one colour region. If 12345/20,  (19+1)/20 is displayed ingame as 20/20. This baby can not mutate once fully grown female.

Using a zeroing male 0/20 mother side and 0/20 father side, no mutations.

A new baby with (12345+20)/20 mother side or (12345+19)/20 and (0+0)/20 father side is displayed ingame. This new baby can again mutate another baby once fully grown.

So no need to waste mutation chances if you don't want to do so.

Regards, respectfully,

Ariana 

I completely redid that post, reread it plz.  By chance im referring to mutation chance per egg and getting the desired stat mutated on the desired stat.  With both parents open you have roughly a 1 in 200 chance of getting a specific stat mutation on the correct parents stat.  If you lose a parent because its full you lose half the ability to gain any mutation at all which halves the likelihood of getting the exact mutation you want.  For 1 specific stat you take the likelihood of getting a mutation and divide it by 7, because 1 out of 7 stats.  Then you divide it by 2 because it could pick the wrong parents stat to mutate.  That comes out around 1/180.  So 200 eggs rounded off for 1 desired stat.  If your going for 2 stats youd double your odds to 1/100 so youd get either stat increased with the proper parent estimated around 100 eggs.

41 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

That comes out around 1/180.  So 200 eggs rounded off for 1 desired stat.  If your going for 2 stats youd double your odds to 1/100 so youd get either stat increased with the proper parent estimated around 100 eggs.

So I don’t know what to say. Think of it this way if the mutation chance is 50 50.

Then you can toss that coin over and over and always get the same side. That is how chance works. It is 50 50 for each try.

However games are not that cruel so a more fun chance setup is used, still random but not as much.

But calculate using chance is much more difficult. And that is why some players think they get more mutations going out of render range during mating. They might and other player don't. It is with in game chance. Well I tried it and it didn't give me more mutations. Lol

Best method is to get each mutation into highestORequal stat and never reject any chance. 200 out of 200 eggs (sorry couldn't help it). 

So what stops us?  well once you got a mutation it needs to be copied into new dinos so the next mutation can be stacked. Ensuring stacked to highest or equal stat.

We also need to get the breeders mutation worthy. If that means verification with one test mutation so be it. But once verification is done we can proceed.

/Ari

11 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

So I don’t know what to say. Think of it this way if the mutation chance is 50 50.

Then you can toss that coin over and over and always get the same side. That is how chance works. It is 50 50 for each try.

However games are not that cruel so a more fun chance setup is used, still random but not as much.

But calculate using chance is much more difficult. And that is why some players think they get more mutations going out of render range during mating. They might and other player don't. It is with in game chance. Well I tried it and it didn't give me more mutations. Lol

/Ari

The chance of getting a mutation is 7.314%.  Thats on any stat from any parent and does not change unless a parent is "fully" mutated.  If you desire a specific stat that mutation would have to land on that stat, which is a 1/7 chance WHEN a mutation occurs.  So from 7% to 1%.  Then if your trying to only get the better stat mutated(which if your not then your making no progress) then you have a 1/2 chance of it mutating the right parents stat, so 1% to .5% per egg.  Now if i bred 2 same mutations together for that baby i could eliminate the 1/2 chance from mutating the lower stat but id hit the 20 point marker very quickly.  If both parents had 1 dmg mutation the baby even with no new mutations will have 2 mutations in its counter, if it does get a mutation itll have 3.  Bred 2 of those as parents and non new mutation babies will have 6 mutations on their counters, 7 if it does get 1.  Continuing the chain its 14/15 mutations, and then 30/31.  At 30/31 the babies can no longer give any new mutations to offspring and are dead ends.  You could breed em with a pure or 1 that has only 19, but your odds per egg of getting any mutation is around 3.5 on your 6th mutation.  If your wanting a specific stat your odds are .5% per egg and for it to occur on the better parents stat is .25% so roughly 400 eggs.  Thats only for your 6th mutation.  My 6th mutation is at .5% so only 200 eggs(if the rng plays nice).  Lets be honest, oxygen, food, and movement speed are worthless.  Stam, dmg, and hp are the only stats you would ever want mutated...Maybe weight...But that be a rare case.  So most the mutation you get are worthless.  Im not saying youll definitely get that mutation in that many eggs, just mathematically thats the number you should see it in.

6 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

babies can no longer give any new mutations to offspring and are dead ends.

Baby in it self can not give new mutations. And if you see it that way. A dead end.

I see it as potential. The dino can be made mutation worthy. This can be done several ways.

Just because you don't. You seriously cripple yourself. Take a step back and try to verify if what others DO also can work for you.

1 hour ago, ArianaGaming said:

Baby in it self can not give new mutations. And if you see it that way. A dead end.

I see it as potential. The dino can be made mutation worthy. This can be done several ways.

Just because you don't. You seriously cripple yourself. Take a step back and try to verify if what others DO also can work for you.

Once a baby has 20 or more mutations it, as a parent, is unable to give new 1s, thats a fact.  It can be used to breed yes and to transfer its stats but it can never give a new mutation and every baby from it is also unable to give new mutations, this eliminates half your mutation chance when the egg is generated, thats a fact.  If you use a parent with 20 or more mutations the only chance you have at getting a new mutation is with the other parent.  The game checks both parents.  During the egg generation process theres 3 times the game calculates a mutation probability, and it checks both parents.  If 1s "full" you lose that halfs potential during these 3 periods of potential mutation which it turn halves your mutation probability which in turn doubles the amount of eggs youll most likely have to hatch.  This is fact.  Eventually though if you continue breeding youll have to do it with 1 parent full, i know this, but its best to take advantage of both parents as long as possible.  Now if theres an exploit, or im misinformed then id gladly listen to these work arounds.  I also must thank you because ive consider the math and decided to not do a pure line, which i never would of figured out ithout you making me do the math, so thank you.

20 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Colors are just another binary choice for each color zone like the stats are.  

Sorry @GrumpyBear 

I think I misunderstood your post. In hindsight, I believe what you were saying is that, like stats, there's a binary 'inheritance' selection as to whether the baby inherits mom's color in a particular region, or dad's. So the stat could be passed on, while the mutation color is not.... I suppose with the caveat that one of the parent's doesn't have that mutation color. If both parents had the mutation color in the same particular region, then the color would probably have no choice but be passed on.

12 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Never ever breed 2 mutated dinos together until your satisfied with their stats.  If you do you limit how many mutations you can get.  The best method to breed is get a bunch of clean, same lvl, same stat, females and 1 male, same lvl and stat to the ladies.  You will likely have to breed the best non mutated stats together 1st.  Then have the ladies surround the male, set em all to breed.  Hatch eggs.  Once you get a desired mutation check its gender, if its male swap it with the clean male, if its female mate it with the clean male til you get a boy with the stat, then proceed to put the boy with the stat in with the clean females.  

Thanks @Onimusha759

I did start the breeding process with stage 1: create a solid breeding pool. So I had a male, surrounded by identical clean females, all of the best stats I could combine from our small tribe's tames. I still have those dinos stored away for safe keeping.

After getting my first HP mutation, I created a new male breeder with the mutation, and replace the original. 

However, this is where I deviated and this is why... Instead of using all clean female, I am using all females that have the first HP mutation. One advantage is that all the babies will have the newly mutated health points stat. With a mutated male (health points mutation) and clean females, sometimes the baby would inherit dads mutated HP stat (9400), and sometimes mom's base stat (9000). If you got a new HP mutation on a dino that inherited mom's clean (lesser) stat, then what? The baby might have the same 9400 health points, but how does it 'stack' with the already existing 9400 HP mutation, when the process will only take one HP stat or the other?  It seems to me, that new HP mutation needs to occur on a dino that already has the previous HP mutation in order to truly stack. Using clean females, it seems like you're just decreasing the odds of 'stacking' any new mutations on top of the existing mutation. 

Am I missing something? 

2 hours ago, DeHammer said:

Thanks @Onimusha759

I did start the breeding process with stage 1: create a solid breeding pool. So I had a male, surrounded by identical clean females, all of the best stats I could combine from our small tribe's tames. I still have those dinos stored away for safe keeping.

After getting my first HP mutation, I created a new male breeder with the mutation, and replace the original. 

However, this is where I deviated and this is why... Instead of using all clean female, I am using all females that have the first HP mutation. One advantage is that all the babies will have the newly mutated health points stat. With a mutated male (health points mutation) and clean females, sometimes the baby would inherit dads mutated HP stat (9400), and sometimes mom's base stat (9000). If you got a new HP mutation on a dino that inherited mom's clean (lesser) stat, then what? The baby might have the same 9400 health points, but how does it 'stack' with the already existing 9400 HP mutation, when the process will only take one HP stat or the other?  It seems to me, that new HP mutation needs to occur on a dino that already has the previous HP mutation in order to truly stack. Using clean females, it seems like you're just decreasing the odds of 'stacking' any new mutations on top of the existing mutation. 

Am I missing something? 

Its easier to think of mutations as a modification of THAT dinos's stats. Your male rex isnt 9000+mut its now 9400 +mut counter if that makes sense? So yes, you could get another hp mut and stack them (assuming rng lets you - you will need them on 2 seperate breeding partner lines since you inherit one OR the other - not combined)

The mut counter and stats are separate.  The counter is unforgiving and pays no mind to actual stats passed on.  You can take a 9400hp w/ 1 mut on counter and mate w/ a 9000hp animal and get a baby w/ 9400hp w/ 2 mut on the counter - the mutation could mutate the lesser hp and the counter could combine the count but you'd still only get the newly mutated stat of 9400 , which is the same as what u have on the one parent, but this time it mutated the lesser hp and gave you the same hp as your better, but in doing so it added 1 more to the mut count.

Your babies will always inherit the mutation count, but not always the stats u want.   If you are gonna be rigorous about it, you have a male w/ an hp mut, and u only keep babies that mutate hp again from then on from that one.  You then get a male w/ a melee mutation, you only keep babies that will carry a second melee mutation from then on from that one.  That's if you are gonna be crazy in trying to get the best darn outcome possible.  From then on, you always breed your mutated studs to only clean no mutation females.  You only keep a baby that stacks the same mutation onto your first mutation.  DOing that will mean killing dozens if not hundreds before you get what you want.  People do this with hundreds of females, and are able to get results faster.  But it can clog up a server really fast if lots of people are doing that on your server.

If you are not so crazy about it, then only keep results that mutated one or 2 stats only.  If you try to keep every stat mutation, you end up having a harder time putting all your stats back together on one animal. 

We say all this because, you have a 55% chance of inheriting the better of 2 stats for each stat your animal carries.  So each stat is rolled separately.  If you only want one stat moved, you only are looking at 11/20 chance of getting the stat u want.  When both parents have the same stats exactly, you have a 100% chance that if you get a mutation on that particular stat, it's 100% guaranteed to give you more.  As soon as one parent has more than the other, that stat becomes dominant and it gets the 55% chance of being inherited.  That's why when the mutation counter hits 20, your chances of mutating the right stat is now much less because while you inherit the greater stat w/ the 11/20 chance, it now falls to the non-dominant stat parent of mutating based on the parent who gave the weaker stat.  You are asking the clean parent to mutate the mutated parents stat.  WHich it can do.  It's just a much lower % chance of happening that the only way to overcome it is by volume.

I keep a line of mutated females to mate w/ a clean male, and i keep my highest mutated male to mate with all my clean females.  If I'm using a stud who's mutations are over 20, I mate to anything that has less than 20 mutations.  It no longer matters at that point if the females are at 0 or 19.  If my stud is 4 melee mutations in w/ a total count of 4 mutations, I only mate that with females w/ a count of 0.

* additional note - this is entirely a math problem.  You start learning this when your teachers are talking about permutations and combinations.  SInce we want hp, and st, and oxy, and fo..... you see how I use and over and over.  And = a combination problem and we find the odds through multiplication.  11/20 x 11/20 x 11/20..... and then if you are talking colors you extend past that to (11/20)^7 x (1/2)^n, where n is 1-6 depending on the color zones an animal has.  The odds of getting a perfect outcome in one try w/ your best male and a female w/ all the colors u want but no stats is really small, so we beat that by generation after generation of removing fraction by fraction with m/f pairs that match in more and more stats and colors over succeeding generation after generation.

29 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

The mut counter and stats are separate.  The counter is unforgiving and pays no mind to actual stats passed on.  You can take a 9400hp w/ 1 mut on counter and mate w/ a 9000hp animal and get a baby w/ 9400hp w/ 2 mut on the counter - the mutation could mutate the lesser hp and the counter could combine the count but you'd still only get the newly mutated stat of 9400 , which is the same as what u have on the one parent, but this time it mutated the lesser hp and gave you the same hp as your better, but in doing so it added 1 more to the mut count.

This is why I've only been using only mutated (9400 HP) Rex's in the current state of the breeding pool, and no clean (9000 HP) ones. If a new HP mutation shows up and mutated stat gets inherited, then I should see an upgraded HP stat, lets say 9800 HP. If a mutation only ticks up the counter up but I don't see a positive increase in HP or Melee Damage, I kill the baby Rex. The other day I got a new baby that jumped up 4 levels, indicating possibly two new mutations. However, the only stat advancement was in stamina, and one obvious color change. Since the tiny stam increase wasn't worth the two mut counter ticks upward, I just slayed the baby. 

For our tribe's purposes, we only need to boost our Rexs somewhat... were not looking for ultimate Rex's or anything. So I'm focused on HP and MD. For me, its a learning opportunity. 

However, when it comes my Giga's, that's more of a personal project and something I want to take on very long term. I want to learn everything I can from you guys on the Rex's and be able to direct matters properly with the Giga breeding. 

The secret to gigas is cloning.  If you get a female w/ a mutation you want, you will be waiting a long time sometimes to get an egg w/ a male baby to use , you'll wait 2 weeks to get her full grown, 2 days to hatch the egg , find it's a dud, do it again.......  If you clone her , u have a copy in 2 days, now you got 2 egg layers.  copy those again, while you wait for the next egg, now you'll have 3 or 4 if u got 2 cloning stations to use.  Say you got lucky and got a male while doing all that - so what.  Breed those females to a clean male while you wait for that male baby grow for 2 weeks, you can still pump out eggs to try and mutate it some more. while you wait. You might get the second mutation before you even have the male ready to use for further mating. 

People do this by working with lvl 5 giga stats mixed with just melee.  So a baby might only be lvl 55, but it has 5 points between 6 stats and 50 points in one stat.  Then your cloning costs will be really low.

Just now, GrumpyBear said:

The secret to gigas is cloning.  If you get a female w/ a mutation you want, you will be waiting a long time sometimes to get an egg w/ a male baby to use , you'll wait 2 weeks to get her full grown, 2 days to hatch the egg , find it's a dud, do it again.......  If you clone her , u have a copy in 2 days, now you got 2 egg layers.  copy those again, while you wait for the next egg, now you'll have 3 or 4 if u got 2 cloning stations to use.  Say you got lucky and got a male while doing all that - so what.  Breed those females to a clean male while you wait for that male baby grow for 2 weeks, you can still pump out eggs to try and mutate it some more. while you wait. You might get the second mutation before you even have the male ready to use for further mating. 

Yea, interesting that you mention that. That's exactly where I'm at. I tamed a high level male a month or so ago, then solo tamed a high level female just the other day. I had my first batch of eggs from the pair yesterday and hatched them. We're a tiny tribe on a boosted private server, so wait times are way better, and food is way more controllable than official servers. Basically a Giga egg is about 4 hrs to incubate and it matures in about one real world day. If it were like official, I wouldn't have the time to be able to play in the breeding aspect of the game. Anyways, the first batch of eggs I was looking for one of two things:

1) Replacement mate for mom/dad that has all the right stats (dad's HP and mom's Melee Damage). Or even better... boy/girl twins with best stats.

2) Female with some or all of the right stats to add to the breeding lineup, to increase the egg production.

I managed to get one new female that had all but one of the highest stats (didn't get dad's higher HP). So she will fit right into the breeding pool alongside mom to increase egg production. 

11 hours ago, DeHammer said:

Thanks @Onimusha759

Am I missing something? 

All mutations pass genetically whether it actually inherits the power/color of the mutation or not.  If it got the moms clean stat it would still have 1 mutation in its dna from its dad, making it a backstep instead of progress or neutral.  If it inherits moms clean stat and mutates it itll have the new mutation plus the dads making it show 2 instead of 1 which would also be a backstep compared to the father.  You could use mutations only but itll add the parents mutations on the baby.  Starting clean youd only get 6 generations this way before youd max the baby at 20+ mutations making it unable to mutate further generations from its end, the other parent still could but itll be 2x harder because only 1 parent is available instead of 2.  That new baby would also be born with 20+ mutations in its genes making it unable to provide a mutation on its end.  Once you hit 20+ mutations and you tried a 7th generation with this same strategy youd never get a mutation either, after generation 6 youd have to change your strategy to a clean parent with a mutated 1 anyways.  Just so you know, you could breed the crap out of a dino, have 100 mutations or more, breed it with a lvl 1 and inherit all the lvl 1s stats making it a lvl 1 baby and it still genetically have 100+ mutations in its ancestory.  The mutation isnt latched onto the stat, its in the blood of the family so to say.

@Onimusha759@d1nkI think I have an understanding of the basic principles at this point, but how to define a more precise path forward when it comes to mutation stacking still eludes me. I'm thinking of going back to my original unmutated breeding group and starting the mutation stage fresh again. This time, breeding identical stat'd Rex's looking for mutations that I will simply leave on a single mutated dino for time being, holding off on introducing any of those mutations to the breeding line right away, as some have suggested.

Example: I get a health points mutation on a new dino and store it away for use later.  

However, planning ahead to the point where I would want to work those mutations into the breeding line, is it more ideal to have those individual mutation dinos be female or male? 

Also, had some success with my Giga line tonight. Yesterday I hatched a 'clone' of the female to expand the breeding line #s. Tonight I hatched a male with all the best stats available for Health Points, Stamina, and Melee Damage. So he can now replace 'dad' in the breeding lineup and increase the chances of creating an ideal breeding mate for himself. 

2 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

However, planning ahead to the point where I would want to work those mutations into the breeding line, is it more ideal to have those individual mutation dinos be female or male? 

It's easier if the mutated stats are on a male.  It's easy to go out and tame a bunch of low level clean females or just clone up a small breeding army.  If you wanted to go crazy, have 3 sets of 100 females clean and 3 mutated males, one hp, one weight, one melee.  THen each stud has a harem of 100 females u mate to.  Breed for a male from each that mutates just that stat.  IF you get a female, you want to mate w/ a clean male until you move the stat over to a male w/ the same mutation counter as the original mutated female. THen repeat.

33 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

It's easier if the mutated stats are on a male.  It's easy to go out and tame a bunch of low level clean females or just clone up a small breeding army.  If you wanted to go crazy, have 3 sets of 100 females clean and 3 mutated males, one hp, one weight, one melee.  THen each stud has a harem of 100 females u mate to.  Breed for a male from each that mutates just that stat.  IF you get a female, you want to mate w/ a clean male until you move the stat over to a male w/ the same mutation counter as the original mutated female. THen repeat.

This is the exact method i said before, right on grumpybear

6 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

So if I understood correctly, the result of that process should then be three mutated males, each with just that one mutated stat. So when you say 'repeat', do you mean go for even more individual mutated males with that one mutated stat, or do you mean place the newly mutated male into the breeding pool (replacing dad?) and go for new male with a second same mutation stacked on the first? 

Thanks guys. I appreciate your patience in explaining this stuff. I don't always pick stuff up quickly, but once I got it, I got it. 

Meaning, You get 3 separate mutated males.  Each only have the first mutation in one stat.  For the example, your male with 1 hp mutation, you mate w/ 100 females until you get a second hp mutation.  Now the count is 2 and you have 4 more points in HP over your original clean hp stat.  You then take the new male w/ 2 hp mutations and mate to 100 females, you toss everything that doesn't give you a 3rd hp mutation.  You do this all the way up to 20.  After you hit 20 , it won't matter anymore.  THat's when you would merge your 3 separate mutation lines together.  If your starting stats were 50 points in hp, 50 points in weight, 50 points in melee - all clean with 0 mutations.  You are ending w/ 90 points in hp, 90 points in weight, 90 points in melee.  That's when you can then make female copies of the final male in each category.  THen you mate back and forth until all 3 stats are now on one Male, and one female copy.  THen all your babies will have those stats guaranteed.  IF you want to mutate further, you just take that final male, and breed to your 300 clean females that are leftover.  You will keep mutating each stat, you will just have to cross breed your upgrades untill all your best 3 stats are combined.  Most likely you won't get lucky to have all 3 stats together already when they mutate further.

Breeding your final males to 300 females is bound to pop a few copies w/ all 3 stats combined.  Having a perfect female copy right away of the final male, might not really be necessary.

Archived