Ark isn’t dead

SaltyMonkey

Ark may be dying but it certainly isn’t dead, and the unofficial scene is evidence of that. I have a very very specific niche in the market and I’m having the best recruitment phase in over a year.

All games die eventually and Ark is no different in that aspect. The game is almost 4 years old so a dip in players is expected over the years. However, I’d have to say that the new team structure has certainly helped massively, so a thank you from a satisfied host that acknowledges the effort of the past year despite the games flaws.

I'd say it's far from dead all games die down at times. It's on wildcard to supply new servers new ideas and new content to keep players engaged. If they do that this game could easily be around another 5 years. Look at final fantasy on ps4 as an example. That mmo litterily went through ps3 to ps4 and is still going strong 7 years later.

Wild cards biggest problem is lack of communication to the community and lack of effort towards fixing broken aspects of there game. Could u imagine a more balanced ark with no exploits cheats or meshes. Multiple game modes and a team that moderates there game. this game would be doubled in player base.

Heres hoping for more good stuff (and less of the bad stuff) to come. Am getting a good feeling from the current setup (obviously shenanigans aside) and look forward to what comes next. Loving all the QoL changes (e.g. enable mating) as well as the work on bug fixes. Hoping for more QoL changes, bug fixes as well as content to come.

1 hour ago, R3dHawk said:

I'd say it's far from dead all games die down at times. It's on wildcard to supply new servers new ideas and new content to keep players engaged. If they do that this game could easily be around another 5 years. Look at final fantasy on ps4 as an example. That mmo litterily went through ps3 to ps4 and is still going strong 7 years later.

When they do finally abandon this game and move onto new things, assuming its left in a good enough state, I think this game will continue to live on for quiet a while on the Unofficial setups.

Official is Dead because no one can get anywhere  the Day one Crews have us growing like corn and are waiting just long enough for a good yield. There are players who have not taken their own wyverns eggs and raised them and just been given them so they just troll because they didn't have to do that grind and kill passive dinos of tribes of no threat because they dont appreciate the effort taken. fair enough war of attrition with potential threats but not this 

1 hour ago, Chesney said:

Official is Dead because no one can get anywhere  the Day one Crews have us growing like corn and are waiting just long enough for a good yield. There are players who have not taken their own wyverns eggs and raised them and just been given them so they just troll because they didn't have to do that grind and kill passive dinos of tribes of no threat because they dont appreciate the effort taken. fair enough war of attrition with potential threats but not this 

Official is not dead.  Go play a different game mode or a different game altogether, this game is not for everyone. 

I am honestly getting sick of people with this TOXIC mindset, if you suck then complain right. Can't actually play the game and gain the skills needed to dominate, nope just cry and whine cause it is just not fair if there are better players then you. 

Your best option is to just leave and take your toxic attitude with you.

2 hours ago, Chesney said:

I get it, being griefed stucks!  Still, just gotta do a better job of hiding and plan how to respond.  I was recently wiped by the Alpha on my cluster for no good reason so I took a couple of weeks off to play some Division 2 and now I'm back with plans of doing things differently this time!  It's fun to start over IMO and it's also fun to think of ways to play differently than you did last time.  Instead of all that grinding for example a friend and I raided a few small bases and let someone else grind out our gear ?.  Not the way I would  have done things before because I've been that guy who's been raided and it sucked.  But also if you think about it we're doing them a favor!  You wanna build a little stone/wood base and place it out in the open with no defenses aren't you just asking for someone to raid you? LOL

ThePrybar I am a solo player and only build metal bases with turrets in good locations its nothing about not being good AT all. I Have No one to help me i dont come online to more done than when i went off. mathematically your an idiot for working out that if i cant beat 3 plus players at once with just pvp equipment im not a good player 

Theprybar love how you insult when some people have been playing the game for years longer than others I do MMA and get Gal FAM i dont need to be grinding all day go find a Gal not a new game lol not that im complaining more for me.  Theprybar i have some freinds who are good if you wanna meet them instead lol real offer Fyi 

Melcreif i get your point mate but it hard doing this solo when im getting grieved daily. i set up 6 turrets and double layered walls in 2 days third day base is gone Ive tried hidden locations dangerous ones does not seem to matter i have to do everything my self so is time consuming. no one to show me where and what things are every time i recruit i get inside im not the toxic ones 

2 minutes ago, Chesney said:

ThePrybar I am a solo player and only build metal bases with turrets in good locations its nothing about not being good AT all. I Have No one to help me i dont come online to more done than when i went off. mathematically your an idiot for working out that if i cant beat 3 plus players at once with just pvp equipment im not a good player 

Theprybar love how you insult when some people have been playing the game for years longer than others I do MMA and get Gal FAM i dont need to be grinding all day go find a Gal not a new game lol not that im complaining more for me.  Theprybar i have some freinds who are good if you wanna meet them instead lol real offer Fyi 

Melcreif i get your point mate but it hard doing this solo when im getting grieved daily. i set up 6 turrets and double layered walls in 2 days third day base is gone Ive tried hidden locations dangerous ones does not seem to matter i have to do everything my self so is time consuming. no one to show me where and what things are every time i recruit i get inside im not the toxic ones 

Are you really complaining about your choice to play solo in a multiplayer game which skews your perception that the game is dying?

On 4/22/2019 at 5:35 AM, AngrySaltire said:

When they do finally abandon this game and move onto new things, assuming its left in a good enough state, I think this game will continue to live on for quiet a while on the Unofficial setups.

Unofficial communities could persist for a long long time. Provided the game is left in a playable state.

Steam PC with modding provides continued development, as long as there are mod authors. Hopefully more people make their mods open source, or at least open source if they quit. 

1 hour ago, Nuggie said:

I don't know how bad the lag is on other servers, but if they're anything like the server I play on its no wonder the unofficial population is increasing.

I play only my own LAN server, never any lag.

Official servers are the cheapest hardware.and for PvE don't include enough limits on player structures and tames.

Yes let's make excuses, that's always the best option. Oh wow you do mma congratulations your my hero! and you have a girl too OMG. Wow we all have lives so your just making excuses now and the whole solo thing lol you claim to be so popular IRL but yet you have 0 online friends, try again bud. 

Once again if if you don't have the time or your not having any fun then switch it up. Why is this such a hard concept to grasp? 

If if your going to mention me in your comment then tag me, whats your excuse this time? 

@Chesney

3 hours ago, Chesney said:

I think the turrets are part of your problem tbh.  When I create a base I start super small and hidden and typically just build in stone.  I'll use that small hidden base to start building up.  It's also ok IMO to start making grenades right away and take away from the other Bobs who need to learn not to build on the beach LOL.  If you don't do it someone else will anyways and the resources you get from them are helpful.  If this kind of strategy won't work for your current location then I'd just recommend moving to a different server and trying it there instead.  Believe me  I'm doing this right now actually and my base hasn't been found for about 3 weeks so I know it works.

The game is really only coming up on its two years anniversary out of 'early access'. I suspect there are many still like myself who are just discovering the game. For me, Ark represents something new in gaming that wasn't around when I was last big into it. So its refreshingly new, capturing my attention way beyond just another run & gun game. I'm an older player so my 'golden age' of gaming was back in the 90's and very early 2000's. Ark is something amazing, IMO. I find many of my friends still haven't heard of it, and when I mention it, they seem intrigued by the premise. 

I wouldn't say its quite dead but Extinction failed to be the spark that was meant to reignite everything. Lets face it Extinction was a heap of junk that broke the game in many ways and added nothing really of value to it.

I suspect that the developers have already moved on to the planning of a sequel or maybe even other games. The sequel will be a challenge because this game already has heaps of dinos albeit most of them are useless so they won't be able to go down the same route of simply spamming us with new dinosaurs they will need something new and innovative if they want to capture players attentions once more.

They need to pick an audience and stick with it either a PvP game with pve elements or PvE with pvp elements. The only reason the community does not get along is because they are trying to appease two different gamer groups at once. Call of duty is a great example of a game that is pvp with pve elements or world of Warcraft and elder scrolls are a prime example of a Pve with pvp elements. Just pick one already!

11 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

They need to pick an audience and stick with it either a PvP game with pve elements or PvE with pvp elements. The only reason the community does not get along is because they are trying to appease two different gamer groups at once. Call of duty is a great example of a game that is pvp with pve elements or world of Warcraft and elder scrolls are a prime example of a Pve with pvp elements. Just pick one already!

I disagree. They need to continue with the sandbox with tons of customization. Add more settings. Make both PvP and PvE have more choices.

14 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

Mixing PVP with PVE doesn't work because it ends up being PVP in name only with heavy restrictions on players freedom to make decisive moves. I'd rather they be kept separate then be forced into some pretend PVP server like what ORP is.

Archived