ark xbox I would like to thank ark

BiHTaTaMaTa

9 minutes ago, Jim1 said:

We should congratulate them for doing what should be done? I think not. Should I go out of my way to thank every person that walks past me for not robbing me? Same thing imo....we paid them for this game, it's not free. 

ehhh. it goes both ways.  yes there is a logic to thinking that since the devs messed up and lost a bunch of character data we shouldn't have to thank them for fixing it. but at the same time there is also a logic in saying thinking that since it was an accident we should out of an understanding that these things just inevitably happen sometimes say thank you for trying to fix it. now of course not everyone will have all of there stuff returned to them as there are just circumstances that prevent this from happening. but personally i applaud BiHTaTaMaTa for thanking them. it makes it so much easier for someone to help when there not being berated by hurtful words and criticized for a mistake that was not intended. think what you wanna think but this is just my opinion.

When a car manufacture makes a faulty product in which causes accidents, what happens? How many computer companies make devices which loose their data? 

That being said, I understand where your coming from, but they don't even try to fix half the problems with the game until people complain. They also ignore some problems completely which are easily fixable. Look at my last few posts and what happened to me. They won't even acknowledge me....what other major company acts in such a manner. Its unprofessional, and its inexcusable at this point. If they were hard at work trying to fix the product and all these issues it would at-least in my opinion be understandable. However, the same issues have been present for years and the the support is terrible. What other major company takes weeks to months to reply to a customer....and thats even if they "choose" to reply. This is also a company with money, and not a company which recently got into the business. They are now owed by snail games, which has more than enough funds to be able implement fixes and have a proper support staff. Once again, they choose not to...I don't believe the game is unfixable, but I am no expert. If it can't be fixed, then at the very least make sure all items/tames that are lost due to the games "flaws" are replaced, and have enough staff to make this possible so everyone can be compensated. 

They knew about all these issue, but instead of fixing them, they went ahead and just released more DLC to profit from and not care about the consumer. Please remember the  sheer amount of time this game requires. The could have made sure the new dlc maps didn't have theses issues, but it was just simpler to pump out new DLC without the changes needed. They don't care about us, and it's evident. So I don't think a "thank you" is appropriate to those who took advantage of us. Though, this is solely my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Jim1 said:

When a car manufacture makes a faulty product in which causes accidents, what happens? How many computer companies make devices which loose their data? 

That being said, I understand where your coming from, but they don't even try to fix half the problems with the game until people complain. They also ignore some problems completely which are easily fixable. Look at my last few posts and what happened to me. They won't even acknowledge me....what other major company acts in such a manner. Its unprofessional, and its inexcusable at this point. If they were hard at work trying to fix the product and all these issues it would at-least in my opinion be understandable. However, the same issues have been present for years and the the support is terrible. What other major company takes weeks to months to reply to a customer....and thats even if they "choose" to reply. This is also a company with money, and not a company which recently got into the business. They are now owed by snail games, which has more than enough funds to be able implement fixes and have a proper support staff. Once again, they choose not to...I don't believe the game is unfixable, but I am no expert. If it can't be fixed, then at the very least make sure all items/tames that are lost due to the games "flaws" are replaced, and have enough staff to make this possible so everyone can be compensated. 

They knew about all these issue, but instead of fixing them, they went ahead and just released more DLC to profit from and not care about the consumer. Please remember the  sheer amount of time this game requires. The could have made sure the new dlc maps didn't have theses issues, but it was just simpler to pump out new DLC without the changes needed. They don't care about us, and it's evident. So I don't think a "thank you" is appropriate to those who took advantage of us. Though, this is solely my opinion. 

Dude, I think you need a vacation

I don't understand how this community is so accepting of this. It baffles me....if you worked for 2 months at your job and then your employer takes your pay back, how would you feel? Yes, I understand this is a game, but at the same time people put hours and hours into it. Then it all goes away due to no fault of our own and were suppose to accept it; or congratulate them for getting back what we lost at no fault of our own? Sure, its cool when you get a tame or two back. Although, when your wiped out of existence for a number of reasons and nothing is done, that is not acceptable. In no other community for a game of this type (one that requires a substantial amount of time) would these types of responses from the company acceptable. 

All it does is reinforce this type of action/behavior from these companies. WC may not be fixing these problems because there is not enough backlash (there seems to be) or they just don't care what happens to their game (most likely...they also have a monopoly on it so to speak). That is fine, they may do as they wish. However, it also shows other companies that if one can get away with such poor standards and still do well finically (gaining more profits which such antics) that they can as well. 

This is a for profit company, they are not making games for us out of the kindness of their hearts. They are doing it for a profit, a profit they obtained with all of our money. To have this many upset customers means there is a problem....

'Most ppl make demands and kick them out when demands can not be fulfilled.'

I truthfully don't think I have yet to see one of these "demands" be unreasonable. Most people just want to get back what they lost, get meshing fixed, not get dev wiped for no reason, get a timely response ext...Seems like most people just want a working game to me. 

On 4/19/2019 at 12:29 PM, Jim1 said:

We should congratulate them for doing what should be done? I think not. Should I go out of my way to thank every person that walks past me for not robbing me? Same thing imo....we paid them for this game, it's not free. 

There's nothing wrong with thanking people, even when you pay for a service and they perform it as expected. It demonstrates character. Unlike your post. 

1 hour ago, DeHammer said:

Terrible analogy, the situation is nothing like that. You really are out to lunch. 

How so? How is it different....the definition of work....activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result...

Work is applied to both...the only difference is the payment. One is monetary and the other is progress in the the game. Both are still work. In both cases payment is still lost. How one feels which payment is more important is relative. Your opinion is your opinion. Their are people who put in 10hrs+ a day on this game, and believe me it does become a second job for some people. 

On 4/19/2019 at 1:22 PM, BiHTaTaMaTa said:

thanks to ark for giving me back my character and my things, people who said he is not serious, here is the proof that yes .. today a very nice admin (GM Aytho) made me my character and my engram ... Thanks ark

1 hour ago, DeHammer said:

There's nothing wrong with thanking people, even when you pay for a service and they perform it as expected. It demonstrates character. Unlike your post. 

Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly or I didn't come across how I wanted it to come across. I see now where I should have explained myself better. I don't take issue with him thanking them for replacing his items. Its the part where he says, "people who said he is not serious, here is the proof that yes," it makes it seem as he is thanking them as a whole and they are doing there what they are suppose to. That is how I perceived what he was saying anyway. It wasn't simply a thank you, from him to them. Just because he was lucky enough to get his items back, a lot of people have not. There is no proof of anything besides that he got his items back. The company is not doing as they should, plain an simple...it isn't right how they treat there customers. Sure, their are good and bad scenario's but the bad ones are not isolated incidents. We have you-tubers which make their money off this game, which are boycotting it. People in our server alliances are saying goodbye and exciting daily because they feel the game is best its going to get and not getting any better. These are people from mega tribe alliances, which if things are lost, they are easily replaced compared to the smaller tribes. When a smaller tribe looses everything, they are devastated and they have to rebuild from the ground up...most of the time...they just quite the game. I can tell you from experience as well, it's one thing to get wiped legit, but when you get wiped because of meshing, dev's incompetence, from overpowered tribes hiding in the mesh, or from whatever else that isn't legit PvP or PvE...it really sours the game. 

Look, if you don't put in the hours that some of us do, then you have no idea what Im talking about. The game is broken and so is the support. End of story, don't tell me otherwise, because it isn't going to change the fact of the matter.

Id also to like add, everyone I know that leaves the game, loves the game. There reasons for leaving are because of all the issues surrounding the game. So what does that tell you?

11 hours ago, Jim1 said:

How so? How is it different....the definition of work....activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result...

Work is applied to both...the only difference is the payment. One is monetary and the other is progress in the the game. Both are still work. In both cases payment is still lost. How one feels which payment is more important is relative. Your opinion is your opinion. Their are people who put in 10hrs+ a day on this game, and believe me it does become a second job for some people. 

Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly or I didn't come across how I wanted it to come across. I see now where I should have explained myself better. I don't take issue with him thanking them for replacing his items. Its the part where he says, "people who said he is not serious, here is the proof that yes," it makes it seem as he is thanking them as a whole and they are doing there what they are suppose to. That is how I perceived what he was saying anyway. It wasn't simply a thank you, from him to them. Just because he was lucky enough to get his items back, a lot of people have not. There is no proof of anything besides that he got his items back. The company is not doing as they should, plain an simple...it isn't right how they treat there customers. Sure, their are good and bad scenario's but the bad ones are not isolated incidents. We have you-tubers which make their money off this game, which are boycotting it. People in our server alliances are saying goodbye and exciting daily because they feel the game is best its going to get and not getting any better. These are people from mega tribe alliances, which if things are lost, they are easily replaced compared to the smaller tribes. When a smaller tribe looses everything, they are devastated and they have to rebuild from the ground up...most of the time...they just quite the game. I can tell you from experience as well, it's one thing to get wiped legit, but when you get wiped because of meshing, dev's incompetence, from overpowered tribes hiding in the mesh, or from whatever else that isn't legit PvP or PvE...it really sours the game. 

Look, if you don't put in the hours that some of us do, then you have no idea what Im talking about. The game is broken and so is the support. End of story, don't tell me otherwise, because it isn't going to change the fact of the matter.

Id also to like add, everyone I know that leaves the game, loves the game. There reasons for leaving are because of all the issues surrounding the game. So what does that tell you?

You assume he doesnt have the same hours as you because he isn't spreading toxicity and praises a job well done? 

I have more commitment to this game than you, don't see me holding it over your head? I understand you're mad because you lost progress or whatever but in the end you need to learn to enjoy the time spent. It will do a wonder to your mental health. If you don't like the game and company so much then quit. As you said.

52 minutes ago, d1nk said:

You assume he doesnt have the same hours as you because he isn't spreading toxicity and praises a job well done? 

I have more commitment to this game than you, don't see me holding it over your head? I understand you're mad because you lost progress or whatever but in the end you need to learn to enjoy the time spent. It will do a wonder to your mental health. If you don't like the game and company so much then quit. As you said.

I never said he didn't, I used the word "if."

Also, you seem to have not read my post. If you have, you would have understood I would not have taken issue if he solely thanked them for the job they had done for him.

It's not toxicity, it's the truth. If I have said something that was not true, then please elaborate. 

I also don't need to enjoy the time spent grinding away, its repetitive. If you do, thats great, I on the other hand don't. Once again, this is all not part of the game. If it was, WC would not be throwing out patches here or there and acknowledging its not. So in this case, having random acts of support to whomever is not sufficient. It once again should be fixed, or support provided to all. What is so difficult to understand, where in life does this occur? When you go to a supermarket, are only certain people allowed to buy grapes and others not. When your a student, are only certain students allowed to ask the prof for assistance during office hours? 

I don't get why people will defend this company when there is literally no reason to do so. Like its all right in front of you, use some logic. Im not trying to spread "toxicity," its about spreading awareness in the hopes that maybe something will be done. Evidently not, and it is the reason why I quit. Just because I quit, doesn't mean I can't reply to posts ;).

Wow, this thread is comparable to thanking your insurance company for helping you after a natural disaster. And then some guy saying that you should not thank because 1 it should never have happened and 2 because they were doing their job.

You know what. I have gotten better service in retail by simply showing some damn manners. Better food. Better help when trying to find suitable clothing. Like seriously, we're talking about other human beings.

Wow man.

36 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Wow, this thread is comparable to thanking your insurance company for helping you after a natural disaster. And then some guy saying that you should not thank because 1 it should never have happened and 2 because they were doing their job.

You know what. I have gotten better service in retail by simply showing some damn manners. Better food. Better help when trying to find suitable clothing. Like seriously, we're talking about other human beings.

Wow man.

It's actually like that exact same insurance company repairing your home, while your next door neighbor is still knee deep in water. So while your all fine and dandy and may be completely satisfied; how do you think your neighbor feels? Your still going to thank them and continue using that same company knowing that the next time a storm comes, that you may be the one knee deep in water next? That and the sole fact they just screwed your neighbor? Its all good because your fine, right? That's just selfish imo and once again let's these company get away with doing such things. 

45 minutes ago, Sphere said:

As someone who works in the customer service industry (catering - send help pls) on a daily basis, I can confirm that good customers certainly helps me out. Dont get me wrong, I still do my best to serve the annoying ones as best as I can, but its so much easier to give a better customer experience if we're treated as human beings. 

21 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

As someone who works in the customer service industry (catering - send help pls) on a daily basis, I can confirm that good customers certainly helps me out. Dont get me wrong, I still do my best to serve the annoying ones as best as I can, but its so much easier to give a better customer experience if we're treated as human beings. 

This isn't about the direct interaction between the customer and the support staff. Im sure the people helping us out are great people, I commend them for sticking around. Its about Ark in general, he is thanking Ark, read what it says. The people helping us don't get to choose what polices they must follow, don't get a say in how many people are hired, don't get to choose what is fixed. These peoples jobs would be a-lot more pleasant and enjoyable if they had more staff on hand helping them out. Im sure they would much rather enjoy working for a company who has mostly happy customers. If anyone probably realize how ridiculous all these issues are, it's them. The problems have nothing to do with them, this is Ark=WC=Snail Games. It's the people who decide where the funds are allocated, what direction they choose to take this game and what is fixed and what isn't.

3 minutes ago, Jim1 said:

Its about Ark in general, he is thanking Ark, read what it says. 

Tbf judging by the format of OPs post I am doubting English is their first language, so I'l give a bit of leeway in meaning. The post is just talking about s/he had lost their character and wanted to show their  appreciation that someone had restored their character.  There is nothing wrong with that. 

5 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Tbf judging by the format of OPs post I am doubting English is their first language, so I'l give a bit of leeway in meaning. The post is just talking about s/he had lost their character and wanted to show their  appreciation that someone had restored their character.  There is nothing wrong with that. 

I never noticed that tbh, that being said everyone else seems to be going against me anyhow. 

3 minutes ago, Jim1 said:

I never noticed that tbh, that being said everyone else seems to be going against me anyhow. 

Im cool with him being thankful, i think the techy deserves it though and not wc.  I know everyone including a few friends on here are kinda rallying against you but @d1nk @AngrySaltire you know this guy, jim1, isnt wrong.  Weve all been here saying these things or agreeing with it before.  Nothing hes said is wrong and has sound logic, i do believe the sheep are causing half our problems by bending over and taking whatever wc shoves em with.  The only way to make wc do anything is to kick their azz until they do.  Toxicity is the only choice they give us.  The reason why its this way is because they are greedy and uncaring of us.  They could do better fixing bugs, they could be more careful and test patches before implementing them to not break things or rebreak/cause similar bugs again.  This shows stupidity and carelessness towards us.  The greatest examples would be this last patch breaking things that they could of tested and avoided.  The other being the horrific ascension bug they fixed last year for the tek cave and sometime in the last half year they recaused it with rockwell.  Id think they should already know how to fix this since they have before but haven't.  Its poor quality and unprofessional.  I love ark, but the devs are a joke.

15 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Im cool with him being thankful, i think the techy deserves it though and not wc.  I know everyone including a few friends on here are kinda rallying against you but @d1nk @AngrySaltire you know this guy, jim1, isnt wrong.  Weve all been here saying these things or agreeing with it before.  Nothing hes said is wrong and has sound logic, i do believe the sheep are causing half our problems by bending over and taking whatever wc shoves em with.  The only way to make wc do anything is to kick their azz until they do.  Toxicity is the only choice they give us.  The reason why its this way is because they are greedy and uncaring of us.  They could do better fixing bugs, they could be more careful and test patches before implementing them to not break things or rebreak/cause similar bugs again.  This shows stupidity and carelessness towards us.  The greatest examples would be this last patch breaking things that they could of tested and avoided.  The other being the horrific ascension bug they fixed last year for the tek cave and sometime in the last half year they recaused it with rockwell.  Id think they should already know how to fix this since they have before but haven't.  Its poor quality and unprofessional.  I love ark, but the devs are a joke.

I just came here to defend OPs right to give thanks to someone, even if it has to extend to WC......

but am not here to defend WC practices, I wont. I am grateful for the game and I shall leave it at that. Am not saying he's wrong, just wrong to 'attack' OP for making a post for being grateful. Personally I wont go down the toxic route.

6 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

I just came here to defend OPs right to give thanks to someone, even if it has to extend to WC......

but am not here to defend WC practices, I wont. I am grateful for the game and I shall leave it at that. Am not saying he's wrong, just wrong to 'attack' OP for making a post for being grateful. Personally I wont go down the toxic route.

I didn't mean to attack him, and if it came out that way, I apologize. It was solely meant to generalize that we should not be thanking WC for what they should be doing anyways. 

I lost everything due to their practices, and they cannot even acknowledge me, its frustrating to say the least. I've had better service from eBay scammers back in the early 2000's....

Like that's honestly all that comes to mind, I buy a lot of items. I cannot think of having any worse interaction with a company. It's unheard of in this day and age. Everything goes viral and no self respecting company acts in such a manner. It honestly just feels like a scam to me at this point. Which is a total shame because the game itself is beautiful and very thought out and to have it come to this....it's horrible. 

12 minutes ago, Jim1 said:

I didn't mean to attack him, and if it came out that way, I apologize. It was solely meant to generalize that we should not be thanking WC for what they should be doing anyways. 

I lost everything due to their practices, and they cannot even acknowledge me, its frustrating to say the least. I've had better service from eBay scammers back in the early 2000's....

Like that's honestly all that comes to mind, I buy a lot of items. I cannot think of having any worse interaction with a company. It's unheard of in this day and age. Everything goes viral and no self respecting company acts in such a manner. It honestly just feels like a scam to me at this point. Which is a total shame because the game itself is beautiful and very thought out and to have it come to this....it's horrible. 

To be fair my friend, the word attack wasnt the word I was looking for, just the one I used for want of a better word hence the parenthesis, am just tired after work and my vocabulary failed me. Criticise may have been a better word to use.

Just join us on the dark side of Unofficial, we have cookies, also chocolate too. :Jerblove:

I wouldnt go near an Official server again... 

23 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

To be fair my friend, the word attack wasnt the word I was looking for, just the one I used for want of a better word hence the parenthesis, am just tired after work and my vocabulary failed me. Criticise may have been a better word to use.

Just join us on the dark side of Unofficial, we have cookies, also chocolate too. :Jerblove:

I wouldnt go near an Official server again... 

I want a cookie...And what kind of chocolate?  XD

Archived