Wi-Fi Playing

illuminator551

Just an idea I had:

What if multiple players could play together on a locally saved world via wifi.

Ex: Players are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and one person hosts the world.  The host can set up the settings for said world just like in private servers.  

I find this to be a great way to play with friends or siblings who want to play together in a world by themselves.  It would be a nice way to attract more users who enjoy a small number of players but can't rent a server for whatever reason.  Whether it be financial issues or something didn't work properly with Nitrado.

Edit: There should likely be a player limit to avoid performance issues.  Maybe a max of 12 players.  Or maybe have a flexible player limit that depends on the user's device.  

4 minutes ago, Rocketraptor said:

Good idea but my question is would the server continue to run would it stop for the time being like single player until the main person turns it on again or would it delete all your progress 

On 4/19/2019 at 12:01 AM, JB1980 said:

Great idea!

On 4/18/2019 at 3:35 PM, illuminator551 said:

Just an idea I had:

What if multiple players could play together on a locally saved world via wifi.

Ex: Players are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and one person hosts the world.  The host can set up the settings for said world just like in private servers.  

I find this to be a great way to play with friends or siblings who want to play together in a world by themselves.  It would be a nice way to attract more users who enjoy a small number of players but can't rent a server for whatever reason.  Whether it be financial issues or something didn't work properly with Nitrado.

Edit: There should likely be a player limit to avoid performance issues.  Maybe a max of 12 players.  Or maybe have a flexible player limit that depends on the user's device.  

I proposed this a couple months ago, keys said they wouldn’t do it

Archived