Why can I not get rid of Ark Prehistoric???

Sharkboy2709

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Sharkboy2709 said:

My son said it came up on his total conversions bar, while on Evolved, so he wanted to try it, and now, we cannot get back to regular Evolved. We've uninstalled, and reinstalled, multiple times. 

When you first launch the game, what does it show in the lower right corner to the game menu?  That is usually where Total Conversions are selected/unselected.

There are no DLC's, yet, as he just got a new computer. There is nothing downloading. We cannot figure that out, either. It's just plain weird...ugh. I am going to try the route, suggested by academicmistake, quick. I appreciate all of you. I seriously do... This is brain numbing...

I think it worked...oh my goodness....oh my goodness. I was able to get it come up as Evolved, however, I am going to restart his computer to see if that stops it from loading and closing...loading and closing. I don't know how you guys handle this gaming stuff! lol

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Sharkboy2709 said:

It shows Total Conversions.

Can you get a screen shot.  Normally, you should be able to click on None.

BTW, you will not be able to post anymore today, but you can edit your last post and add a pic to that, unless you are able to click on the None.

• Volunteer Moderator
36 minutes ago, Sharkboy2709 said:

Yes. I only see Total Conversions. Nothing else. 

What resolution should it be set to? And if you mean on the game itself, I cannot get into anything except Credits. Cannot access Options

I think I just figured out how to post the screenshot

You should see something like this: 

FAA419D9147868F18F7AA20B235072AC222F2146

Not sure why you cannot click on Options.

try my way, either press ARK in the steam "library" and see if it shows total conversions on the downloaded content bit on that screen  then unselect it

IF that doesnt work you may have downloaded a mod, try going to your installed folder where you downloaded it for exmaple C : > program filesx 86 > steam > steamapps > Common > ARK > ShooterGame > Content > mods and you should have a list of your mods, if you have 1 just delete it, if you have more then 1 you can sort by date and delete the most recently first etc and see if its a mod thats causing your issue.

Please try both ways any let me know if it works!

i saw a mod called "ARK prehistoric" when i googled this problem 20 mins ago and i thought i might download it to see if thats what hes got, a mod instead of an actual conversion pack because it doesnt look like Total Conversion should look as far as i know anyway or atleast it wasnt when i used it a year or so ago!

ALSOOOO If you look at the bottom right of your screen you have 21 mods waiting to be downloaded no wonder your going like this you need to stop your steam downloading them and delete the subscription you have on your account using the browser LOG IN to the steam website and find the game in your games list and somewhere you will find subscriptions, think its in the workshop section ill find it for you if you cant find it please stop getting mods i seriously think that is your issue!!!!!!!

REPLY TO BELOW COMMENT

i found the same one a deleted one but he must have got it from an advert or something i would be getting rid straight away

also not letting me post again but its fine im sure he will figure it out! and i also ment since ytou said you gave me 2 more it hasnt but its fine anyway.

REPLY TO YOUR UPDATE : which method did you use ?

also if you restart and it comes back and redownloads then try the method below so you can remove the subscription. After that go to steam library and select ARK and right click it and go to proporties and select the local files tab and click verify integrity of game files, this will replace any broken REAL game files

oh and the gaming stuff is fairly straight forward when its happened a few times and persistence pays off and we either find a way or find someone who has lol :P hope you get it sorted!

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, academicmistake said:

i saw a mod called "ARK prehistoric" when i googled this problem 20 mins ago and i thought i might download it to see if thats what hes got, a mod instead of an actual conversion pack because it doesnt look like Total Conversion should look as far as i know anyway or atleast it wasnt when i used it a year or so ago!

ALSOOOO If you look at the bottom right of your screen you have 21 mods waiting to be downloaded no wonder your going like this you need to stop your steam downloading them and delete the subscription you have on your account using the browser LOG IN to the steam website and find the game in your games list and somewhere you will find subscriptions, think its in the workshop section ill find it for you if you cant find it please stop getting mods i seriously think that is your issue!!!!!!!

Funny thing is, I cannot find that mod or TC.  I can find a link for it via google, but when i used it, Steam website tells me not found.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Sharkboy2709 said:

Here is how to see all of your subscribed mods (close your game first):

Library >  Games > Ark

Once in Ark, look for a section called Steam Workshop and a button that says Browse The Workshop and click that button.

Look for a menu option called Browse, with little triangle next to it.  Click than pick the last option:  Subscribed items.

This will take you to a page that shows you all of your subscribed mods.   You can unsubsribe from any you don't want right there.

Also got you two more posts to use...use them wisely.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Sharkboy2709 said:

There are no DLC's, yet, as he just got a new computer. There is nothing downloading. We cannot figure that out, either. It's just plain weird...ugh. I am going to try the route, suggested by academicmistake, quick. I appreciate all of you. I seriously do... This is brain numbing...

Yes, it is a strange one.

If it is Mods/TCs installing, and you are able to unsubscribe, that should help.

I have to go, but keep us updated.

I did what you suggested, and deleted all mods, in the files. Then, I went the way Jerryn suggested, and we unsubscribed, from everything. It worked! However, we are now running into crashes. That....I am hopeful to be able to figure out on our own. If not, I will, definitely be back! haha 

I appreciate, all of your help!! I should've just started with this from the beginning! Oh. I'm validating now! and TargetOne, we were unable to find any reset option, anywhere. It was a bit frustrating, to say the least haha. Thanks to academicmistake and Jerryn, I am thinking we may have fixed it! Just waiting to fix the crashing, and should be good to go! Thanks! ?

• 1 month later...

Archived