Madaf

All tames disappeared from ALL bases on single player

My friend was playing their single player world, having a few problems, but now.. they get on and ALL their dinos are gone. Previously they'd had problems where they would get on, and their dinos would mostly be bloody, even on passive, while still in the same place. Also when dinos we're dying they weren't getting any notification. It's messed up because they'd been breeding rexes for weeks for specific traits, only to find EVERY single dino (50+) gone, without explanation. I wanna play ark but I'm not going to if I even get wiped playing single player for no reason. I thought this kind of thing happened in game preview, not full release, ESPECIALLY not $50 on the switch. So i guess what I'm asking for an explanation so I don't have to go through the same thing.

Posted (edited)

Thats just weird....like they starved out or something. They shoudnt consume food while offline in single player though. Im curious if the Switch in sleep mode actually logs you off so the food consumption in single player stops when you arent playing (as its intended to). Short of that maybe its something in settings or there is something wrong with her game copy. I have half a thousand hours on the switch version...prob about a 50/50 split between online & offline single player & Ive never had that occur. Other glitches, sure...but thats a new one on me. Ive always been certain to close out the application though & havent messed with setting other than difficulty so I get higher level dinos akin to online wultiplayer in offline single player.

Edited by Mossenstein

Posted (edited)

Just curious if you are talking to me mattj; what doesnt happen in single player? I know for a fact they do not consume food & starve out while you are logged out unlike in online multiplayer where food is consumed even if you arent logged in. Food does not even spoil in feeding bins while not playing logged in to local/host mode. Difficulty level is also most certainly scaleable & can be changed 

Now if you were talking to the OP about getting wiped in single player, I 100% agree with you. That doesnt happen. Him saying she recieved no notification of what killed the tames kinda makes me think they just starved. Im pretty sure you do not get a cause of demise listed when a tame starves or drowns.

Im not sure if putting the game in sleep mode is the cause or not but when i play & then quit I always log off properly by going to main menu & then taking it even a step further & closing the game on the UI screen before putting it into sleep mode. Have yet to have an issue like hes reported in single player (thankfully)

Edited by Mossenstein