3 days playing and not impressed..

Arklag

I started on a beginner server..it wasnt too bad level cap 44...... So i go server hop 4 different servers and find ladder pillars everywhere..... Cant build anywhere but water pillar bases... Even if i had a tame i would have to go through a locked gateway door to feed or harvest any resources... Every server i've seen so far... I get it the whole dino taming process the survival aspect thats the cool part.The problem is CONGESTION. Plz fix or add 1000 more servers and make spawn points unblockable... 

Why not try Unofficial? Some of us like myself have really awesome servers. You don't even have to try my server or like it. I think Thorium also has a good server as well.

Why do I say this? Because there already is a solution to your problem, and there are communities out there who don't want to deal with official issues.

PC or console? 

I've started over 4 times on different servers and always found bits to build (although admittedly it's easier when you know the map) 

It took a bit of time and many deaths sometimes to find / build / find after getting killed / rebuilding as I couldn't find where I built, but that was part of the charm. There are many pieces of land that are excellent build areas that just need trees / rocks cleared to find their potential. 

I am new to ARK also and agree about the use of pillars everywhere.  Not sure how Wildcard makes any money on their dedicated servers when you have Elitist Tribes claiming them as their own by placing pillars everywhere thus preventing new players from building anything.  No chests to store items, no bases, nada. Unofficial servers would be great to join, but being that, I have these concerns.  1.  Availability 2. Lag 3. Bandwidth.  4.  Hosting platform: PC/Xbox One.   I have one charater on an Official PVE Xbox server but there are pillars EVERYWHERE and when asking the owners of them if I can have one removed to build a base in a NON populated area, they tell me to go to another server along with lots of other choice remarks.  I understand it's about survival, but when you have freeloading Tribes that dominate a server and claim ownership to ALL the land, it now becomes the principal of it. I will say this though, I have found an Official sever with Tribes that are very friendly and helpful and I highly respect them for that.  My take is if a Tribe(s) wants to pillar all the available land to prevent new players from advancing/homesteading on "their"  ARK  Offical server owned by Wildcard, they should invest in the hardware/services to have their own Unoffical/private server and stop being the freeloaders they have become.   

In the replies to follow this posting and others on this subject matter, Tribe Freeloader  will come  down from their might fortress and enlighten us with why they are right and how much they are protecting the land from newbies,  as they themselves once where.   Instead, they could reach out and offer a helping hand, educate them,  along with clearing a pillar or two in an open area for their level, for them to call home.  Maturity and Kindness go a long way.  I suspect those that belong to Tribe Freeloader, live their real life the same way.

40 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Try our glorious  legacy cluster we would love to have you don't worry about no support  there's no difference in offical or legacy plenty of open land no tame cap 

I agree but it is a player trap since they can just one day drop legacy. Even if WC said they only take down empty or 1 (one? ) players servers.

2 hours ago, ArianaGaming said:

I agree but it is a player trap since they can just one day drop legacy. Even if WC said they only take down empty or 1 (one? ) players servers.

On the upside, if they drop support for Legacy, they do release the save files. Clusters like mine are ready to accept new players with their save file. All you need is an S+ demo gun to haul your base over. Of course, the base redesign does allow for improvements.

3 hours ago, Kayvoss said:

I have an Xbox PvP cluster that you can join if you would like. It has the island, Ragnarok, and aberration. I might add more maps to it if more people join. We're all nice and don't fight unless we both declare war. Message me if you are interested

That's quite  a nice offer OP. I would jump on that. Private servers are the way to go.  I feel pretty certain people would love the game a lot more if playing on a private server. 

Great that you started playing, yes pillaring is and always has been a first come, first to pillar the whole server, well, not actually.  It seems that most spawn points continue to be inundated with new survivors that seem to want to set up camp exactly where they spawn.  I've played for a few years and I've also restarted from scratch 3 different times.  I no longer spawn in to a server expecting anything along a beach to be available and i expect congestion near obelisks.  I sometime take a few days to survey a server before building more than a raft to house a pteranodon, bed and storage (i'm not a caveman after all).  Sometimes I leave, sometimes if the server does not seem overly toxic, i might take a closer look for a base location.  I look more for resource proximity more than anything.  All in, sometimes, it has taken more than a week to find a spot to start and I don't always stay there, that might just be my first base for that server.  A better location might open up but most people do not have the patience.  I expect my stays to be months long, not hours.  I expect my base to be large and encompassing, in time.  I enjoy the game, but i have learned to take my time and in doing so, have a different quality of life with the ease of the game. 

I would simply suggest you go to the medium difficulty areas on the edges of the map. For example on The Center in Redwoods (Not worse than the easy starting places - mind the terrorbirds, trodons, carnotaurs, and the odd thylaco) and there's lots of room and decent places to build if you go inland and follow one of the rivers). You can always get started a place like that, and then go look for a better/central location once you have a flyer and a basic setup down there. The central areas on all the maps i've been on has been pillared and built into oblivion which is understandable as it's the first area most people either go to - or it's near an obelisk for easier transfers between maps so it's just taken. Go where others don't. Best of luck in your future adventures :)

Archived