Unofficial server, are wild dino levels over 150 too OP?

YamiJustin

26 minutes ago, Korizan said:

Isn't there a cap on how high a tamed dino can be before it is removed... 450 I think.

So does it apply to wild dino's ?

And if the cap exist you could create a situation where you couldn't tame any dino's or at least you would have to be very careful about he ones you do tame / breed.

That's on official. You don't need to run with this setting on unofficial

2 hours ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

I tamed a TekRex 180 and that was fun. However 10.5kh and 302melee was bad I really expected more.

Maybe 210 as a maximum is better since you can breed your boss fantasy creatures faster.

%increase per level/point.

Good luck and take backups since the server will crash and get deleted to day one.

Boss fights scale with the server difficulty.

6 hours ago, YamiJustin said:

I am making a server and was toying with the idea of allowing dinos up to level 300 or higher (500-1000). I asked my brother and he said it'd make the early game super difficult but the end game would be the same. Opinions? Would a level 300 wild dino cap be too good in the middle or late game?

I considered having a server run with a higher level cap but decided against it due to the sheer amount of balancing it would require for other settings. The problem you’ll find is for any creatures you tame at the lower end of the spectrum will be very weak, even after levelling. You’ll likely need to consider raising the player level cap too.

On my unofficial cluster (all official maps), we run from The Island as our "easy/leveling" server, to The Center at official difficulty, rag at level 200 dinos, Ab at level 300, SE at level 400, and Ex at level 600 which is X20 official difficulty.  Ex is the basic group world and it's turned out pretty decent.   I have made balance tweaks here and there.  

But, I've set up my cluster as more like a MMORPG instead of a survival game.  Our players seem to like it.  Nice that WC has given us the options to do such as this.  Player level cap is still at 135 but I do have plans to add to that. not for balance, but for more long-term content.

6 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Boss fights scale with the server difficulty.

What. 

Are you sure about that.

If I understood you right I need as many mutations regardless of wild levels.well about the same number of mutations depending on what stats you start with.

To beat the boss in a simular manner as official.

Regards,

Ariana 

8 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

What. 

Are you sure about that.

If I understood you right I need as many mutations regardless of wild levels.well about the same number of mutations depending on what stats you start with.

Regards,

Ariana 

Yes, My server has the normal 150 cap. In my opinion, anything higher than that is just a waste of time and resources. Since the dino is higher level, it has higher torpor so you'll have to take the time to get all the extra resources for the extra darts, narcotics, etc

18 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

What. 

Are you sure about that.

Regards,

Ariana 

You don’t need mutations to beat the bosses, it just makes it easier because you require less level ups to gain the desired stats. Besides, as long as you have a cryofridge, levelling is a thing of the past. It took just 3 weeks of storage for my Rex’s to gain around 50 levels.

Just now, SaltyMonkey said:

You don’t need mutations to beat the bosses, it just makes it easier because you require less level ups to gain the desired stats. Besides, as long as you have a cryofridge, levelling is a thing of the past. It took just 3 weeks of storage for my Rex’s to gain around 50 levels.

Do dinos gain XP in a cyrofridge like how players can gain xp in the sleeping pods? 

Archived