JewFasa

Lost Dinos April 2019 Update Xbox PVP

Posted (edited)

I rent a server and it is running fine after the last update as my friends on xbox are playing it.....yet I am unable to join as my server, or any other are not showing in the session list, only player dedicated and non-dedicated servers show .....every other list is empty. I am guessing that for some reason my client has not updated itself.this is on my Win 10 version. 

I found out why if anyone else has this problem.... go to the MS store using the link in the Xbox ap (3 dots in the top right corner) then select downloads and updates....select ark from that list and click update !!!!  talk about long winded.

Edited by BritishGeezer

I’ve just recently started a Nitrado server for XBox. Since then there has been 2 updates to ARK. Both updates have caused my server to be wiped - loss of all tamed dinos and structures built.

This is getting annoying as we have to essentially start from scratch, again. Not even reloading a previous save from the server has helped.

Anyone have any ideas on how to keep from getting wiped like this? 

31 minutes ago, Cronniss said:

I’ve just recently started a Nitrado server for XBox. Since then there has been 2 updates to ARK. Both updates have caused my server to be wiped - loss of all tamed dinos and structures built.

This is getting annoying as we have to essentially start from scratch, again. Not even reloading a previous save from the server has helped.

.. restore a backup to right before patch

2 hours ago, Cronniss said:

To add from what @d1nk said, when restoring from a map save back up, you need to select the last large file size. When a server resets, the file size from then on will usually be significantly smaller and that’s where you’ll find the anomaly, so restore from back up just before.

• Like 1