SP node respawn

Frogger3699

I'm aware that this has been going on for a while but has there been any updates to help it or does anyone have any ideas?  I play sp and no I dont have a base anywhere a single node would spawn for ob, metal or crystal.   I usually try to play for a few hours min when I do play.  I've gotten desperate and have started harvesting all the smaller spotted deposits.  I really dont want to resort to caves.  Any suggestions?

There is a " solution" I found online which will get your resources to spawn again.  I will have to look it up when im at my computer.  But I ended up dropping resource respawn to 0.125, and haven't had any more issues with stuff not respawning. It can get annoying at times having things come back so quickly.  But better than them not coming back at all. 

On 9/2/2018 at 9:05 AM, Blaubund said:

Well after spending some days trying to find a solution to this 100% reproduceable bug, I finally found a reliable work-around.  This is not a fix for the problem, just a work-around when it occurs.  Devs, please fix this already!

Short Version: Use Spectator Mode

Detailed Version:

1. Before you click "Play Single Player", select the "Advanced" tab
  2. Crank all 4 "resource" sliders down to the minimum (0.01), making note of the original values so you can set them back later (use the slider, don't type in a 0 or it will be set back to 1.0)
    1. Structure Prevent Resource Radius
    2. Resources Respawn Period
    3. No Resource Radius - Players
    4. No Resource Radius - Structures (no idea why there are 2 of these for structures, but I used both)
  3. Click "Play Single Player" to start your game
  4. Go to the place where you need stuff to respawn
  5. Put all your equipment in a box (I used a vault that I spawned in)
    1. Don't forget your quick slots
    2. Don't forget the armor you're wearing
  6. Place a well-named sleeping bag so you can get back here later and retrieve all your stuff
  7. Hit <tab> and type in "cheat enablespectator" to enable spectator mode
    1. Your character and all your stuff will disappear, hence the box and sleeping bag
  8. Hit <tab> and type in "cheat slomo 20" to speed everything up
  9. Fly around in spectator mode away from your location (a few seconds should do)
  10. Fly back to your location
  11. Watch your resources respawn within a few seconds if they haven't already.  If not, try flying further away.
  12. Hit <tab> and type in "cheat slomo 1"  to slow everything back down to normal speed
  13. Hit <tab> and type in "cheat disablespectator" to disable spectator mode
    1. The game behaves kinda like you had died
  14. Select your sleeping bag and get your stuff out of the box
  15. Logout and reset your resource sliders to what they were before (1.0 is the default)

I hope this helps you as it helped me.

I found this solution or at least a variation of this solution to work for me.  Try it.

Archived