Mana Nerfs - How much is too much?

Demerus

6 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

-SNIP-

In regards to Apex or non Apex, AGAIN:  It is not a discussion, it is a factual definition VS what many people on the forums want.  I know you want to say that Manas are Apex.  They aren't as a 100% point of fact:  You don't get to rewrite how ARK predation, hard-coded into the wild dinos, works because of an agenda.

Powerful does not mean Apex.  We should move on, you are not correct on this Oni.  Though you make good points about other stuff!  Honestly they would take damage away fully from the breath, increase its range, and I'd still like Manas a lot!  Or really any of the changes you propose!  They are just fun to travel on.

Think about it this way (because it's what I'm doing to self-check):  If I am not right, and Apex is applicable to Tamed Dinos, there is no definable Apex.  None.  Because your Stego that can kill Rexes is an "APEX" creature simply by virtue of being able to kill Rexes, although while in the wild A STEGO WOULD NEVER ATTACK A REX UNPROVOKED BECAUSE THE REX IS A PREDATOR TO THE STEGO (THE STEGO IS THE REX'S PREY).  Do you see?  It doesn't matter what kills what, it matters how aggression plays out.  Wild Wolves prey on Wild Managarmrs.  Wild Wolves do not prey on Wild Giganotosaurus.  Wild Giga is Apex.  Wild Mana isn't!

Also...  I really wish after all this discussion you had gotten a chance to ride around on them and participate in Managarmr tomfoolery before all these nerfs.  They were riiiiidiculous!  Like, 4 people killing an Extinction Titan in about 45 seconds on bred Manas, it was...  Out of control at best.  Or one guy does it and no joke, has a dead Titan with a wild-tamed Mana in about 3 minutes.  This is a look at what they used to be in PvE, not making mention of the PvP roles.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/2/2019 at 7:58 PM, Cedric said:

Wow, this is still going strong!

You're darn right Ced.  The design philosophy of the Managarmr will stay a hotly debated topic, because as they have been scaled back in power, it is obvious that when released they were not what you guys really wanted them to be.  People like strong dinos, but with this particular one, it was...  Overboard.  It's hard to let go.

You all (to the best of my personal knowledge) cut Wild (non-Corrupt) Giga base damage to 500 when Extinction released.  Kept the bleed, but cut the chomp's base damage.  If you all toned tamed Gigas down to 200 base at 100% melee, the forums would explode in the same manner.

I am Japanese.
Most players in my country play in PvE game mode.
And most of the Japanese play solo or a small number of people.
This is natural because PvE's game mode is also suitable for small players.
However, because it became difficult to defeat the Titans with a small number of people by this Mana Nerf, a large number of people are stuck.
With the goal of defeating the Titans, those who were breeding Managarmr quit the game as it was no longer possible.
Due to the PvP game mode, it is ridiculous to influence the progress of PvE gameplay.
I think that it should be restored so that WC can defeat Titan with Managarmr.

Look when you talk about apex you are forgetting one word that always goes with it.

Apex Predator 

Now in reality it is not unusual for 2 apex predators to be living nearby each other and when they meet they clash and it gets sorted out who is on top.

It is also possible for a Apex Predator to gets its ass kicked by a herbivore, just because you are the aggressor doesn't mean your going to always win.

The bottom line, it is all irreverent anyways.

This is all about PvP  and PvE, until we get a game engine then can run separate rules for each mode. 

Games will always be ruined for one group or the other.

On 5/3/2019 at 4:58 AM, Cedric said:

Wow, this is still going strong!

Yes, it is. Because new content has been nerfed to being completely useless.

The obvious and simple solution remains differentiation between PVE and PVP. It should have been like this from the very beginning. Two opposing game modes do not function by the same rules.

As you have stated in a previous announcement, it is a difficult endeavor. But not impossible. And so very very much needed. Please give us different PVE and PVP balances and restore the Mana for PVE back to some degree of decency.

22 hours ago, Korizan said:

Look when you talk about apex you are forgetting one word that always goes with it.

Apex Predator 

Now in reality it is not unusual for 2 apex predators to be living nearby each other and when they meet they clash and it gets sorted out who is on top.

I guess Wolves are Apex predators.  They regularly clash it out, instigating fights in the snow biome with wild Managarmr.

EDIT:  And Purlovias.

EDIT EDIT:  Also, the word "predator" is redundant and unnecessary.  We would never ever be saying Apex Prey, or Apex Pacifist.  It isn't necessary to dwell on the word predator, it only means something that hunts things.  So again, the Direwolf is an Apex Predator too, if the Managarmr is.

1 hour ago, TheDonn said:

I guess Wolves are Apex predators.  They regularly clash it out, instigating fights in the snow biome with wild Managarmr.

EDIT:  And Purlovias.

EDIT EDIT:  Also, the word "predator" is redundant and unnecessary.  We would never ever be saying Apex Prey, or Apex Pacifist.  It isn't necessary to dwell on the word predator, it only means something that hunts things.  So again, the Direwolf is an Apex Predator too, if the Managarmr is.

If we're getting technical, Apex Predator means a predator at the top of the food chain which has no natural predators itself. So technically speaking, any predator in Ark which is not aggroed on and killed by other another carnivore is an apex predator. Does anything aggro onto the dire wolves and kill them ? What about gigas, thats definitely an apex ?

Edit: Starting to wonder if I need to trawl through 7 pages, to makes sure i am not repeating the same information and continuing the never ending cycle that is the mana nerf thread. Apologies if this has been brought uo before.

9 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

If we're getting technical, Apex Predator means a predator at the top of the food chain which has no natural predators itself. So technically speaking, any predator in Ark which is not aggroed on and killed by other another carnivore is an apex predator. Does anything aggro onto the dire wolves and kill them ? What about gigas, thats definitely an apex ?

Edit: Starting to wonder if I need to trawl through 7 pages, to makes sure i am not repeating the same information and continuing the never ending cycle that is the mana nerf thread. Apologies if this has been brought uo before.

pego is the apex predator 

37 minutes ago, hud said:

Or only on ext without transfer, so big boys can play. 

I don't know about the rest, but on Island they keep disappearing with all your equipment, killing you in the process. Reports are the same for Aberration and SE. So... can't use them outside of Extinction anyways. Not safely.  So yeah, this needs to be fixed as well.

Your post is again only related to PvP players. The correct post is "Or only on ext without transfer, so big boys can play on PvP." No need to include PvE.

@Cedric Differentiation between PvP and PvE, please!

Archived