Mana Nerfs - How much is too much?

Demerus

5 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Do you want a challenge or do you want easy mode?

I can see why people are so mad with these changes is because it forces them to go away from a 1 tame beats all. It adds diversity to the game forcing you to think about what you’re next action will be and we all know the vocal minority community hates thinking outside the box. Imagine a game with multiple tameable creatures where you have to use multiple tameable creatures?

Dude,  I literally use gigas for everything but travel and small caves (rockdrakes there). As a PVEr, you know this. Giga is the PVE I Win button. Go troll elsewhere.  Stop trying to tell me how to enjoy a game I've played since early EA.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

Dude,  I literally use gigas for everything but travel and small caves (rockdrakes there). As a PVEr, you know this. Giga is the PVE I Win button. Go troll elsewhere.  Stop trying to tell me how to enjoy a game I've played since early EA.

What a boring way to play the game. Please explain to me how using the many available creatures at your disposal is trollish?

It’s almost as if nerfing creatures so that you’re not just using the one brings balance to the game.

37 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

What a boring way to play the game. Please explain to me how using the many available creatures at your disposal is trollish?

It’s almost as if nerfing creatures so that you’re not just using the one brings balance to the game.

Again, not your judgement call to make. If I find my gameplay style fun and it doesn't hurt you, it isn't your concern.

Your whole argument for PVE is "stop liking what I don't like."

Just now, Caerbannog said:

Again, not your judgement call to make. If I find my gameplay style fun and it doesn't hurt you, it isn't your concern.

Your whole argument for PVE is "stop liking what I don't like."

While you argument is stop nerfing OP dinos because I want to one shot everything. You’ve already lost that battle with the devs so who are you trying to convince here?

51 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

While you argument is stop nerfing OP dinos because I want to one shot everything. You’ve already lost that battle with the devs so who are you trying to convince here?

I already one shot everything with gigas. Waiting to see a valid argument from you.

Nothing in PVE is hard. I do overseer with no dinos. I can solo purple OSD's without a Titan. Every MMO reaches a point where players become gods and are super overpowered for the content. It's part of the reward--grind enough and you get super powers. If they didn't want that powercreep, they would have/should have never introduced breeding--which would have taken away a huge amount of playability in the PVE endgame.

Also, you sure do have an intrinsic need to get the last word on everything don't you? If you don't agree, just let it go man. You're not going to convince me.

Idgaf if you don't like "overpowered" dinos. Don't use them. But don't tell me how I should play. That's not your decision to make.

Taking out PvP side of the argument purley for the fact we are talking pve atm. 

My gigas after levelling are hitting 700 melee with 105 armour saddles. 

Rexes are being born with 23k health and 700 melee on ps4 and that's not even the best stats. 

1000 weight argies at birth.

Cloned 260+ melee mantis

Ele gachas

Cloned 145 fire turkeys

Obsidian gachas and organic poly gachas.

Owl lines hitting 1000 weight and over 4k health 

Thylos hitting 60o melee at birth. 

Cloned reapers of every colour combo.

Cloned Big 150 danger noodles of every colour combo

Tek quetz are getting ridiculous as well. 

Yes the mana was severely op /s 

I'm sorry but in PvE there is no excuse for calling out something being op. It's pve play it how ever you want but trying to limit other people's playstyle or how they get enjoyment purely on the fact it's not your playstyle makes you a poop goblin with crooked teeth. 

32 minutes ago, PapaOtter said:

Taking out PvP side of the argument purley for the fact we are talking pve atm. 

My gigas after levelling are hitting 700 melee with 105 armour saddles. 

Rexes are being born with 23k health and 700 melee on ps4 and that's not even the best stats. 

1000 weight argies at birth.

Cloned 260+ melee mantis

Ele gachas

Cloned 145 fire turkeys

Obsidian gachas and organic poly gachas.

Owl lines hitting 1000 weight and over 4k health 

Thylos hitting 60o melee at birth. 

Cloned reapers of every colour combo.

Cloned Big 150 danger noodles of every colour combo

Tek quetz are getting ridiculous as well. 

Yes the mana was severely op /s 

I'm sorry but in PvE there is no excuse for calling out something being op. It's pve play it how ever you want but trying to limit other people's playstyle or how they get enjoyment purely on the fact it's not your playstyle makes you a poop goblin with crooked teeth. 

Lol. Everything you just listed should be nerfed too. This game is way too easy yet people cry when stuff gets balanced.

And all those things are are very late game content. With 100s if not 1000s of hours poured into selective breeding.  If you want a hard time after reaching late game trading and selling or breeding. There is a whole genre out there waiting for your elite gaming skills to challenge you. But I get it that ark has dinos and your cheeto filled goblin mind wants this to be a challenge. So I suggest you go out on your own and take over a PvP server. I believe in you my little goblin I really do. You got this! 

Now on the point this game getting balanced. I'm all for it mostly when it's intelligent and not swift slams of nerf hammer. Now as I said PvP wise it makes sense.  But I don't play PvP. I have a full time job and I enjoy other games and knowing I'm getting offline raided by every alpha tribe at the same time russles my jimmies. Now ya see my problem is my experience of the game is being dictated by a game mode I don't play/know or care about. Two game modes vastly different in people, mindset ,time investments and difficulties. But we are all lumped together in a cycle of nerf that effect 1 side of the population. Was the breath op PvP? Holy bouncing fun bags it was! Was it op in PvE? Not at all my rex, theri,wyvern,giga,allo,reaper,argie could kill that bronto faster. 

Pve is for us that enjoy early game challenge to enjoying having cotton candy gigas with bunny ears murdering wyverns for fun. 

12 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Do you want a challenge or do you want easy mode?

I can see why people are so mad with these changes is because it forces them to go away from a 1 tame beats all. It adds diversity to the game forcing you to think about what you’re next action will be and we all know the vocal minority community hates thinking outside the box. Imagine a game with multiple tameable creatures where you have to use multiple tameable creatures?

He definitely opts for easy mode. I would bet that he is probably a "Classic Flyers" mod subscriber and plays on some unofficial server with 50x rates.

4 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

I already one shot everything with gigas. Waiting to see a valid argument from you.

Nothing in PVE is hard. I do overseer with no dinos. I can solo purple OSD's without a Titan. Every MMO reaches a point where players become gods and are super overpowered for the content. It's part of the reward--grind enough and you get super powers. If they didn't want that powercreep, they would have/should have never introduced breeding--which would have taken away a huge amount of playability in the PVE endgame.

Also, you sure do have an intrinsic need to get the last word on everything don't you? If you don't agree, just let it go man. You're not going to convince me.

Idgaf if you don't like "overpowered" dinos. Don't use them. But don't tell me how I should play. That's not your decision to make.

So you live in some giant full Tek palace, have every dinosaur you want bred at max level, have beaten every boss and thus now you say you are playing in a kind of god mode and hinting that your pretty bored with it all. 

Well champ there is one experience missing there that they you haven't tried and in which you would definitely be a mere mortal. Some day perhaps you might gather the courage to try it.

5 minutes ago, Violet said:

PVPers whining about every single animal in the game and asking for "necessary balances needed" :

928.png

There I said it. Separate the ridiculous PVP balances from PVE. Play PVE for fun, play PVP when your arse is sweaty and you need to feel superior.

Right because balance shouldn't exist in the PVE mode? Everything should be easy. That is some fine logic. 

No wonder so many PVE players complain of boredom when there is people like you advocating for greater boredom via making things even easier.

Just now, ForzaProiettile said:

Right because balance shouldn't exist in the PVE mode? Everything should be easy. That is some fine logic. 

No wonder so many PVE players complain of boredom when there is people like you advocating for greater boredom via making things even easier.

There is a difference between nerfing something so it's balanced and nerfing it to the ground like they did with manas, they're completely worthless now, no point breeding or using. Stamina takes ages to regen, half the gained exp points need to go in stam, they aren't seriously that good anymore after second, maybe third nerf they gave to them. But I'm sure that works for you because everything's too op for the PvP.

I still vote for the PvP to have separate balance changes cause they're two completely different modes to play, one is to chill, gather animals, build a nice base, and the other you just slaughter yourselves with whatever you feel like. Go for it like I care, just keep PvE playable, since all WC does is apply PVP changes to both PVP and PVE.

17 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Lol. Everything you just listed should be nerfed too. This game is way too easy yet people cry when stuff gets balanced.

That's the number #1 issue the devs have had when trying to interact with this community. For whatever reason there are a lot of folks that absolutely hate the idea of balance and make every attempt to reverse balance changes when they are introduced. I remember when they did the big dino nerf for stats a few years ago. Before the nerf you could one hit an Alpha Raptor with a Pteradon which could easily have over 1500% melee damage.

People on here whinged and cried, said the game would die if the changes weren't reverted. Many even passionately came to the defence of pre nerf dinosaurs trying to argue that they somehow weren't op and that everything was just fine. Then of course came the well and truly long overdue fairly moderate nerf to flyers and the same thing happened again. 

Some people seem to get into easy gear and then are never able to downshift.

Well that’s it guys. The Mana nerf will be the final thing to change the devs minds in separating the two modes, not the countless things before it. I can’t wait for Wildcard to go back and spend the next year or so working on this. Who cares about more fixes and potentially new content, when it’s the separation of the two modes that the community really wants.

3 minutes ago, Violet said:

There is a difference between nerfing something so it's balanced and nerfing it to the ground like they did with manas, they're completely worthless now, no point breeding or using. Stamina takes ages to regen, half the gained exp points need to go in stam, they aren't seriously that good anymore after second, maybe third nerf they gave to them. But I'm sure that works for you because everything's too op for the PvP.

I still vote for the PvP to have separate balance changes cause they're two completely different modes to play, one is to chill, gather animals, build a nice base, and the other you just slaughter yourselves with whatever you feel like. Go for it like I care, just keep PvE playable, since all WC does is apply PVP changes to both PVP and PVE.

If the Mana wasn't so OP then why was everyone using it? Why was it so popular? It's ridiculous to try and argue that everyone was using it because it was cute or whatever. Players flock to whatever is the most OP/meta item and then when that is fixed they move on to something else. That is how gaming works.

It was definitely broken and that was very obvious to most folks as well as the developers. There are plenty of other dinosaurs that require points to be placed in multiple stats rather then just one, why should the holy Manas be exempt? Most other flyers require inputs to stamina for instance.

3 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Well that’s it guys. The Mana nerf will be the final thing to change the devs minds in separating the two modes, not the countless things before it. I can’t wait for Wildcard to go back and spend the next year or so working on this. Who cares about more fixes and potentially new content, when it’s the separation of the two modes that the community really wants.

The game doesn't need any bug fixes what we really need is more color mutations. That is the most important issue.

I want a rainbow dinosaur for my glass palace that I will be building on a PVE server.

Never had one, no use for them.

But I do have to wonder if they are / were so powerful why didn't they make them like a Rock Drake or Wyvern.

Egg Only, and lock them down so they can't transfer from the server, should do that with Wyverns and Rock Drakes as well and let them be.

Seems like a rather simple solution, maybe too simple but some dino's just shouldn't be ported from one DLC to another.

Or if you really want them on a diferent DLC then hit them hard with the nerf bat when they are out of the natural habitat ie server transfer pay the price.

Just a thought 

1 hour ago, ForzaProiettile said:

So you live in some giant full Tek palace, have every dinosaur you want bred at max level, have beaten every boss and thus now you say you are playing in a kind of god mode and hinting that your pretty bored with it all. 

Well champ there is one experience missing there that they you haven't tried and in which you would definitely be a mere mortal. Some day perhaps you might gather the courage to try it.

I'll pass. I know what a cesspit PVP mode is, especially on officials. Why would I subject myself to that buggy toxic mode? With all the constant PVP crying, I don't know why ANYONE plays PVP.

But yes, I play on 5 servers in full Tek with 5 130+ characters, with top bred dinos actually. Extinction makes getting Tek easymode. I'm not bored, but thanks for inferring that. At least that means you are attempting to empathize.

I build and strategize about different ways to do lolsy things that push the boundaries of the game. You know, like soloing purple drops, or killing overseer with no dinos, or killing Titans with gigas.  And phoenixes. I tame a lot of phoenixes. Need to build a lighthouse, you know.

Edit: 6 130+ characters. I have a dedicated crafter alt, too.

2 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

I'll pass. I know what a cesspit PVP mode is, especially on officials. Why would I subject myself to that buggy toxic mode? With all the constant PVP crying, I don't know why ANYONE plays PVP.

But yes, I play on 5 servers in full Tek with 5 130+ characters, with top bred dinos actually. Extinction makes getting Tek easymode. I'm not bored, but thanks for inferring that. At least that means you are attempting to empathize.

I build and strategize about different ways to do lolsy things that push the boundaries of the game. You know, like soloing purple drops, or killing overseer with no dinos, or killing Titans with gigas.  And phoenixes. I tame a lot of phoenixes. Need to build a lighthouse, you know.

Edit: 6 130+ characters. I have a dedicated crafter alt, too.

you would have loved the olden day ark pvp it was not really that toxic aside from one or two alpha tribes. when all these big updates came out allowing alphas tribes to become alpha trolls that is what you are referring to. but i still play on a pvp server over at my friends place that still resembles the old days of ark. trust me it was not always toxic.

5 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

That's the number #1 issue the devs have had when trying to interact with this community. For whatever reason there are a lot of folks that absolutely hate the idea of balance and make every attempt to reverse balance changes when they are introduced. I remember when they did the big dino nerf for stats a few years ago. Before the nerf you could one hit an Alpha Raptor with a Pteradon which could easily have over 1500% melee damage.

People on where whinged and cried, said the game would die if the changes weren't reverted. Many even passionately came to the defence of pre nerf dinosaurs trying to argue that they somehow weren't op and that everything was just fine. Then of course came the well and truly long overdue fairly moderate nerf to flyers and the same thing happened again. 

Some people seem to get into easy gear and then are never able to downshift.

Same has rung true for every single balance update ever on ARK - The vocal minority. I also think a lot of dinos are overdue for a nerf (or see: Rebalance) but I think for us to have any common ground (us I mean - PvP vs PvE) they would need to be seprate based upon the needs / wants of each mode.

You make good points usually I just dislike the PvE-hate you spew. 

1 hour ago, Kodking194 said:

you would have loved the olden day ark pvp it was not really that toxic aside from one or two alpha tribes. when all these big updates came out allowing alphas tribes to become alpha trolls that is what you are referring to. but i still play on a pvp server over at my friends place that still resembles the old days of ark. trust me it was not always toxic.

ARK has always been toxic. Even before server transfers. It just wasnt as wide scale because people had to move servers if they got caught to much

Archived