Mana Nerfs - How much is too much?

Demerus

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biggest problem with the mana nerfs is they are just lazy. Instead of nerfing a tame, then need to add an ability to an existing tame (or 2) that counters what the mana can do. Maybe be immune to freeze, or a lock down ability for a few seconds that is not a freeze to keep manas from hopping away as much. Adding more abilities to existing tames and making them more useful is the way to go. Nerfs just take stuff away, they don't add anything to the game and as players we should want things added, not taken away.

15 minutes ago, hud said:

Mana is meta right now. Why do u even play pvp??? Taming Dinos, growing crops, singing songs???? Get used or GTFO, like I said, simple. 

No actually, mana ain't meta, it's dead, where it should be. Metas change, manas been the longest meta in gaming history at 58474747 years. Rip your perceieved meta. See you around, I'm off to have  a mana samich, seems as that's all the giant turkey has going for it ?

Personally don't like its most recent nerfs because of how weird they are. The beam still goes a long way, but doesn't do damage or freeze things? How the hell does that make any sense. Also a bug is occurring with my boost attack that causes the Mana to start plummeting way earlier than it should. Only reason I know this is a bug is because I can still manage to do normal boosts, but it appears to be random.

4 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Personally don't like its most recent nerfs because of how weird they are. The beam still goes a long way, but doesn't do damage or freeze things? How the hell does that make any sense. Also a bug is occurring with my boost attack that causes the Mana to start plummeting way earlier than it should. Only reason I know this is a bug is because I can still manage to do normal boosts, but it appears to be random.

its the cross hair if u move it slightly while flying it nose dives lol

On 4/15/2019 at 9:00 PM, Demerus said:

Can we please get PVP and PVE nerfs/balancing separate?
Seriously this is getting ridiculous now... 

@Cedric

Eggcellent Adventure 4 Patch:

- Drastically reduce Managarmr frost breath range
- Freezing stops at approximately turret range
- Damage stops at approximately half turret range

v294.101

- Managarmr now take damage equivalent to flyers

v293.100 Homestead!

- When Managarmr freezes a dino with a rider, the rider will no longer be dismounted but rather frozen for 1 second
- Duration of frozen for player characters is now a function of health and armor rating
- Duration of frozen for player characters is significantly reduced overall
- Reduced Managarmr ice breath damage ~25%

v292.100

- Increased time between freeze buffs
- Ice breath freeze amount is now more significantly reduced by distance

- Ice Breath damage is now scaled by distance to the target
- Reduced Ice Breath freeze amount
- Increased time between Freeze Debuffs 

- Structures now block dive damage
- Fixed issue with dive damage not being reduced by armor
- Ice breath should no longer go through Managarmr when aiming backwards and aiming for the opposite side

- Increased Managarmr stamina usage for chained jumps

- Now requires half second pass before allowing another forward dash after jumping.
- Adjusted ice breath to not be usable directly behind you on the ground. 
- Fixed issue with damage calculation

Rip pve think it time to separate pve and pvp nerfs 

I think the direction the changes have taken is completely wrong, overly excessive and short sighted. 

Instead of just cutting down damage/distance (taking the easy path) why not try changing the interactions? What if when a target was frozen they automatically healed like a snow-owl alt, and the act of freezing a target would take some % instant stam drain from the mana, so the mana could only 'attack' in short bursts, or heal intentionally their target first before being able to perform extended damage (30s) before intentionally healing their target more. If the healing was directly proportional to the stam level of the mana, then for high-stam mana's chances are they may never be able to kill a well armored target - forcing a balance between stam and melee points so that damage ultimately exceeds healing. 

I think this would negate a lot of the main gripes I've read about the mana's breath ability, and also might allow wc to restore the mana enough so that we can actually use it to fight the titans like it was (more than likely) designed for, and which it just can't do anymore. 

• Wildcard Community

Just wanted to drop in and say we're still looking at balance for Managarmr.  These changes have been a response to the community outcry about Mana being OP and damage analytics that suggests the same thing.  We're still listening and tweaking!  In regards to specific changes for PvE and PvP, it's been discussed.  It would require significant code changes to make it happen.  Not saying it's not possible or won't happen, but it's been (and being) discussed.

21 hours ago, Ronson12 said:

No actually, mana ain't meta, it's dead, where it should be. Metas change, manas been the longest meta in gaming history at 58474747 years. Rip your perceieved meta. See you around, I'm off to have  a mana samich, seems as that's all the giant turkey has going for it ?

I m not mad about mana, from start i didn't even play with them, ice breath bug. Just started using before month or less.  I'm mad becouse of baby's, not only here, in every other game I play, wot, csgo, even a hs. Its much easier to be baby on forum from i can do that to ING. Cedric confirmed it, and I was sure mana won't die so easily in ark. But problem is no matter what they buff on mana it will be problem again. Why?? Because of baby's. For me, I don't have problems even if they remove them from game entirely. 

On 4/17/2019 at 3:40 AM, Demerus said:

This is the new effective DMG range (red line) which is useless because once the beam revs up your target is already hitting you and makes the mana flinch and stop attacking.

The max range is the entire length of the mana from head to tip of tail.

If what you are hitting is anywhere outside that range you wont be doing any dmg to it.

W4tBHeo.png

So I'll ask the PVP crowd. 

ARE YOU HAPPY YET?

Finally. Still breedable so I think that's op but we are on the good path.

12 hours ago, covenantgrunt said:

Don't understand the argument that Mana is "useless" now on PVE. What on Earth are you guys fighting on PVE that you can not kill with a Mana ? I spawned a 150 tamed Mana on single player rag, and it could kill everything that a rex or wyvern could.

Try killing the desert  titan...or a giga that may have spawned near ur base 

20 hours ago, covenantgrunt said:

Don't understand the argument that Mana is "useless" now on PVE. What on Earth are you guys fighting on PVE that you can not kill with a Mana ? I spawned a 150 tamed Mana on single player rag, and it could kill everything that a rex or wyvern could.

From start it was a bit crazy on extinction. People kitted gigas or wyverns from osd to base, no one had imprinted gigas to defend. Mana was only choice.  Cheapest way to kill desert titan, or every other titan on ext.  

Archived