Mana Nerfs - How much is too much?

Demerus

Can we please get PVP and PVE nerfs/balancing separate?
Seriously this is getting ridiculous now... 

@Cedric

Eggcellent Adventure 4 Patch:

- Drastically reduce Managarmr frost breath range
- Freezing stops at approximately turret range
- Damage stops at approximately half turret range

v294.101

- Managarmr now take damage equivalent to flyers

v293.100 Homestead!

- When Managarmr freezes a dino with a rider, the rider will no longer be dismounted but rather frozen for 1 second
- Duration of frozen for player characters is now a function of health and armor rating
- Duration of frozen for player characters is significantly reduced overall
- Reduced Managarmr ice breath damage ~25%

v292.100

- Increased time between freeze buffs
- Ice breath freeze amount is now more significantly reduced by distance

- Ice Breath damage is now scaled by distance to the target
- Reduced Ice Breath freeze amount
- Increased time between Freeze Debuffs 

- Structures now block dive damage
- Fixed issue with dive damage not being reduced by armor
- Ice breath should no longer go through Managarmr when aiming backwards and aiming for the opposite side

- Increased Managarmr stamina usage for chained jumps

- Now requires half second pass before allowing another forward dash after jumping.
- Adjusted ice breath to not be usable directly behind you on the ground. 
- Fixed issue with damage calculation

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are travelers that can freeze safely from range and then get up close and scrap a bit, and then make a hasty retreat.  They should've never been anything more than they are with this new nerf.  They are not an "apex" creature, they were badly designed. 

Before any of you quote me about how Manas are REALLY APEX CREATURES:  If Studio WildCard intended for them to TRULY be an Apex, they wouldn't be prey for literally every carnivore in the snow biome from level 10 Wolves to Rexs/Gigas.

Honestly still not enough nerved

They need even more Nerf there is still no way to kill a Mana if you dont have a Mana by yourself (it should not be that the only counter to a creature is the creature it self) thats not how counter works

Allso they are by far the most Reliable way of the Dragons (Wyvern Rock Drake Managarmr) you can breed them.... just make them like a one time use Creature like RockDrake and Wyvern and make them a nasty passive tame or any new kind of Way to tame them (as long as they are faster then a Gallilimus and still are this "Strong" (Freeze ist still a death sentence, good health, decent Damage,  distanz attack, and this insane Mobility.

Worst design that Wildcard ever did for PVP (if you remembere time before Flyernerv  Pteranodons only.... now managarmr only as soon as you are fast and do Damage thats just breaks the game

I have 5k+ houers in ARK all on PVP server and this things are jusst horrible (I didnt buy Extinction "the pay to win" DLC content)

I really love this game BUT I get why many People start to hate Wildcard

Edit:
removed twicee a word that just didnt make sense (sorry for that)

I see Many PVE players here dont like my opinion maby even some PVP Managarmr riders  XD

My target is not to make this creaturee usless but give it one place and make it good in it.
And I really hope not in:PVP Ambush Attack with easy escape.

I hope WE (PVP and PVE) together find a solution with is okey for both sides shouting at each other that there opinion is the best dosnt help anybody

They need to keep the range the same they said they want to keep the playing field even for big tribes and little tribes the turret nerf was a good one but the managarmr was the dino to help this playing field. Yes they were op but they did a good job with damage reduction and freeze time but they needed counters which the only one was z plant flash bangs. They didn't bring any type of new plant to extinction. I think they should've went that route for a freeze counter. Also make the freeze breathe take a a lot of stamina I have 5k on mine and I can shoot FOREVER.

17 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

The trilobite has never been nerf I believe they are to op 

Wow yes you are right.  Thank you. One creature down to the lists of un-nerfed creature.

But on 2x they can give a player black pearls hence this is a show stopper for constant 2x. I never got black pearls on official 1x, silica pearls some times but never black pearls. I agree op trilobite.

Thank you again.

This is the new effective DMG range (red line) which is useless because once the beam revs up your target is already hitting you and makes the mana flinch and stop attacking.

The max range is the entire length of the mana from head to tip of tail.

If what you are hitting is anywhere outside that range you wont be doing any dmg to it.

W4tBHeo.png

So I'll ask the PVP crowd. 

ARE YOU HAPPY YET?

this nerf was seriously to much. i get reducing range but seriously? Dmg is now HALF turret range? Why not at least FULL turret range!? turrets could still defend against them and they be able to be the SUPPORT creature they're supposed to be, and it seems t hey broke the travel aspect as now only 1 in every few dash attacks even works anymore every other time you're instantly stopped and aimed at the ground. this creature has no point in being in the game anymore

1 hour ago, Demerus said:

This is the new effective DMG range (red line) which is useless because once the beam revs up your target is already hitting you and makes the mana flinch and stop attacking.

If what you are hitting is anywhere outside that range you wont be doing any dmg to it.

W4tBHeo.png

ARE YOU HAPPY YET?

PvE = Easy mode

Since you love posting memes for other people’s posts, here’s something extra on me for your salt:

overcome.jpg

5 hours ago, Demerus said:

W4tBHeo.png

ARE YOU HAPPY YET?

Lol. Nah they wont be happy until its completly out the game. But seriously at this rate, they should either just remove the mana from Official PvP or just give it the Ice wyvern breath.

5 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

PvE = Easy mode

Since you love posting memes for other people’s posts, here’s something extra on me for your salt:

overcome.jpg

Surely I can't be the only one who sees the irony in this post. Poster attacks Dem and posts a meme "Improvise. Adapt. Overcome." when it's been the PvP crowd who hasn't done these exact things lol. We're fine with Manas in PvE. If PvPers have issues then refer to the meme above and quit nerfing fun.

12 minutes ago, Ocicat said:

Surely I can't be the only one who sees the irony in this post. Poster attacks Dem and posts a meme "Improvise. Adapt. Overcome." when it's been the PvP crowd who hasn't done these exact things lol. We're fine with Manas in PvE. If PvPers have issues then refer to the meme above and quit nerfing fun.

I play PvE

58 minutes ago, Ocicat said:

Youre fine with manas in PvE cause all you do is build pretty little bases and raise pink dinos, you dont have to put up with their ridiculiously OP ice breath freezing you every 30 seconds in every single pvp fight. PvE players really cannot comment on the mana if you dont have to deal with it on a daily basis imo

The problem is for us pve players is that we can technically have PvP in our mode thanks to the war system. So thanks to that we have to deal with PvP rules. 

I still think it's beyond stupid that because for one hour if both parties agree I have to deal with PLZ NERFZ THIS crowd. I get it but lets be real here. It's a cop out. 

3 hours ago, cocob1 said:

Youre fine with manas in PvE cause all you do is build pretty little bases and raise pink dinos, you dont have to put up with their ridiculiously OP ice breath freezing you every 30 seconds in every single pvp fight. PvE players really cannot comment on the mana if you dont have to deal with it on a daily basis imo

Lol but we do have to deal with them on a daily basis we ride them farm veins do osd with them he'll I play pvp mana arnt so op guys common really squishy literally can kill the rider then the mana in about 5 secs to add aswell if a player freezes u off a mana with a mana u deserve to die xD be one with the mana or be the manas gf

6 minutes ago, covenantgrunt said:

ARK-Survival-Evolved-Screenshot-2019-04-

You are wrong. This is the range of manas after latest patch.

Since my post wasn't clear enough...

new effective DMG range (red line)

after the line the dmg drops off dramatically all the way to 0

the entire length of the mana tail to head is the total range including the dropoff. 

Archived