Whose excited?!

Cowgirl

To scared to tame all those colors could be reported taming easy tames and get wiped. Probably will tame 1 color and cryo it before a gm will see it .

Loved to tame different colors of jerboas and even dodos, anky’s but after hearing ppl get wiped for 60 (event breeding) dodos no thx. Wil be yust another ark day for me. If i would tame 5-10 of each dinos i like i would be reported for capping server with easy tames. 

48 minutes ago, Sphere said:

I think they are only aiming at stopping people who are intentionally trying to seal up a server with dino cap, to prevent others from playing. The implementation of the rule tho...

Bigger issue is people leaving out 100's of unbreedable dino's for no reason(wyverns/reapers/rock drakes). If someone wants to breed a strong line of X dino I think it should be fine to have 100-200 of those clean females in pve.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Avaraxius said:

To scared to tame all those colors could be reported taming easy tames and get wiped. Probably will tame 1 color and cryo it before a gm will see it .

Loved to tame different colors of jerboas and even dodos, anky’s but after hearing ppl get wiped for 60 (event breeding) dodos no thx. Wil be yust another ark day for me. If i would tame 5-10 of each dinos i like i would be reported for capping server with easy tames. 

To be honest, I think that none of the people that got wiped in the recent wave were reported. I have a feeling the detection has been made automated and they are analyzing the saves and flagging tribes that matches certain criteria. The main reason why I think that is because all the stories I've saw be it here, on reddit, on twitter or simply from friends none of the servers were at or near cap and the tribes got wiped regardless. I don't think people would bother reporting tribes unless the servers are at cap preventing them from playing. I'm not sure about you, but if I can still tame and breed normally, I couldn't care less if the neighbor have an army of colored chickens. This is a sandbox game, if they like colored chickens then they should be able to enjoy the game the way they want. However, if they have an army of colored chickens, and that as soon as there is an available slot on the server they are taming or hatching a new one, then this is where it becomes an issue and fall under the "purposely capping a server" category. I recently started playing again on officials for a few weeks now, and none of the servers I joined were at cap. Before I leave and start playing on my own cluster early last year every servers (especially ragnarok) were always at cap. And from what I heard, the capping issues have been resolved by the cryopods. At least, on PC. Could be different on consoles and still be an issue for them since the server limit is much lower.

Anyways, I'd say be careful with what you tame and be sure to keep them frozen keeping the minimal you need out. I still think it is somewhat a shame that they release events that promote taming but then wipe tribes without warning for playing them. I get the intent, but I think they are 1 year late on enforcing it. Also, why not make the dodos and other small creatures untameable if people are not allowed to have them. Would be more effective and at least players would know and don't have the surprise to log with all their progress gone without prior warning.

On my side I will most likely look for some unmutated colored Daeodon.

4 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

I know. Its just that jerboas are no longer handed to me on a nice little concentrated island and I actually have to go looking for them ? 

Did they change the spawn points on Rag for jerboas?

I've always just gone to "Jerboa Island" in the SW, or the little island near the Desert ruins to get my jerboas.

In fact I did that last night, but I actually noticed how few jerboas were there. I just figured someone had killed a bunch recently, and they were replaced by dimetrodon spawning in

Just now, Aushegun said:

Did they change the spawn points on Rag for jerboas?

I've always just gone to "Jerboa Island" in the SW, or the little island near the Desert ruins to get my jerboas.

In fact I did that last night, but I actually noticed how few jerboas were there. I just figured someone had killed a bunch recently, and they were replaced by dimetrodon spawning in

Nah they didnt, just Salty changed the spawncodes of our Rag server and instead of jerboas, all 4 of the Aberration lightpets spawn on the island instead.

Archived