Misinformation

Onimusha759

So i tamed a mosa on my new island map a few days ago and i noticed it wasnt doing the dmg it supposedly should be doing.  It was tamed with dmg of 328.something%.  If the mosa truly has 100 base dmg then whatever the dmg% it has is its actual dmg output right, 328% of 100 is 328.  My mosa started with doing 312, 95x3.28 is 311.  At 600% my mosa is doing 570 which 95x6(representing 600%) is 570.  Ive concluded mosa base dmg is 95, NOT 100.  Ive tried to tell dzve at dododex this but hes ignoring/acting like im stupid.  So can anyone take out their mosa and test this themselves?  Post your dmg done and dmg stat.  For the math divide the dmg you do by a hundreth of your stat(ie 328% would be 3.28, 600% is 6).

19 hours ago, Sphere said:

I wonder if it's the same thing that happens with Ankylosauruses. After a certain point, the damage curbs off into depreciating returns. At least this has to do with harvest. But what about the regular attack?

Interesting idea, but if that was the case and its averaging at 95 base dmg at 328%, shouldnt the average by 600% be less then 95?  Its still 95 at 600%

5 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

More misinformation, dododex says ichthys gain 5% speed per invested point, it only gains 1.5%

Bare in mind that the Dododex is a 3rd party tool and it’s data is a combined pool of information from the community. It may be worth reporting to the app developer of your findings. Dans loves the feedback.

17 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Bare in mind that the Dododex is a 3rd party tool and it’s data is a combined pool of information from the community. It may be worth reporting to the app developer of your findings. Dans loves the feedback.

I do, he'll reply back 1 time with a really stupid response then if you reply back with legit info he ignores you instead of testing it himself.  He acts like your stupid.

After i reported the mosa and he replied to it, hes ignored both the ichthy ticket and mosa reply.

14 hours ago, Baklap said:

400 × 1.75 is 700... so thats the exact damage it should do if base is 400.

Its not doing 700, its doing 699. So its actually slightly below 400.

Ill classify this as misinformation as well, your told about dinos resistance to firearms, they dont tell you dinos are 20% resistant to your melee weapons as well.  That or the swords 20% weaker then they say it is, either way info is either wrong or incomplete.  Also despite dan at dododex ignoring me and labelling it falsely, the ichthyornis does have a headshot multiplyer.

On 4/19/2019 at 10:42 PM, Onimusha759 said:

Ill classify this as misinformation as well, your told about dinos resistance to firearms, they dont tell you dinos are 20% resistant to your melee weapons as well.  That or the swords 20% weaker then they say it, either way info is either wrong or incomplete.  Also despite dave at dododex ignoring me and labelling it falsely, the ichthyornis does have a headshot multiplyer.

I assume you remembered to account for flyer ranged damage increase? Heard they take more damage from ranged attacks.

22 hours ago, Oldster said:

I assume you remembered to account for flyer ranged damage increase? Heard they take more damage from ranged attacks.

Thats well known knowledge.  Im focusing on false or info we are lead to believe thats not true.  We alll know dinos resist guns and fliers receive more from guns, but we were left out that our melee dmg is resisted too

On 4/20/2019 at 12:42 AM, Onimusha759 said:

Ill classify this as misinformation as well, your told about dinos resistance to firearms, they dont tell you dinos are 20% resistant to your melee weapons as well.  That or the swords 20% weaker then they say it is, either way info is either wrong or incomplete.  Also despite dave at dododex ignoring me and labelling it falsely, the ichthyornis does have a headshot multiplyer.

You really need to stop blaming Dododex, it's not the only source for information. If you bothered to check the wiki at gamepedia it gives all the same in formation about mosas and gigas, as does survive-ark, which I was able to verify with 30 seconds of hard work.

Clearly there is something you're not taking into account when you're testing, either that or WC is providing bad information and all of the people who have done bunches of testing before you somehow didn't notice. One of those two things is more likely than the other.

Stop grinding your axe on dododex, he's been providing great information to players for years, and has done a lot more work to make the game enjoyable for people than you have. I'm not saying he's perfect, he's a person just like everyone else, but if your testing results don't match the multiple sources of information you're going to need to think twice about what you're doing.

With that being said, what form of evidence have you collected? Did you get screen shots? Video captures? Are you using a target dummy or just randomly attacking wild animals? If you want people to pay attention to your claims you need to collect and provide valid forms of evidence.

2 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

You really need to stop blaming Dododex, it's not the only source for information. If you bothered to check the wiki at gamepedia it gives all the same in formation about mosas and gigas, as does survive-ark, which I was able to verify with 30 seconds of hard work.

Clearly there is something you're not taking into account when you're testing, either that or WC is providing bad information and all of the people who have done bunches of testing before you somehow didn't notice. One of those two things is more likely than the other.

Stop grinding your axe on dododex, he's been providing great information to players for years, and has done a lot more work to make the game enjoyable for people than you have. I'm not saying he's perfect, he's a person just like everyone else, but if your testing results don't match the multiple sources of information you're going to need to think twice about what you're doing.

With that being said, what form of evidence have you collected? Did you get screen shots? Video captures? Are you using a target dummy or just randomly attacking wild animals? If you want people to pay attention to your claims you need to collect and provide valid forms of evidence.

Im asking people to test this themselves and come back with their findings.  Im on ps4, i cant upload my screenshots onto anything because the option is incompatible.  Im not just blaming dododex, im blaming survive ark and wiki too.  My beef with dodo is dan acts like im retarded or doesnt even bother to read my msgs.  He doesnt even go test to see if im right and reply whether im right or wrong.  Im not the only 1 seeing this resistance with the sword, theres a topic in another forum as well.  I haven't messed with stats or resistances in my game so its not my settings.  Why dont you go and spawn and force tame a mosa and calculate what its dmg should be with 100 base and see if it matches.  Maybe whoever said it was 100 was lazy and just approximated it was 100 and everyone just went with it.  Maybe wc messed it up in a patch, regardless ive asked you, members of the community, to test and see if it is just me as well as to see if it could be different from wiki and me.  His reply about the mosa dmg was "some creatures have multipliers against other dinos"...Im like 1st off, its doing less dmg, not more.  2nd ive killed everything in the water with this mosa and its doing exactly the same dmg to all of them except dunks.  3rd nowhere is it documented mosas are resisted by or do bonus dmg to any creature.  Dans reply was bs, like he didnt even read or try to comprehend what i was saying, which is unprofessional and obviously could piss someone off whos trying to help.  Before you try to discredit me why dont you go check these yourself and just maybe you might come back like wow, your actually right.  Then we can start getting some awareness and get these errors corrected on these different sites, thats the purpose of this thread.  Test, get awareness, correct the errors if any so no one gets blind sided or misinformed.  I mean how hard would it be to jump on singleplayer, force tame a mosa, and test it.  If im right he could tell me and correct his app, if im wrong he could tell me he found it like his website says.  Even more simple, force tame a "dolphin" and put 1 point in speed, itll gain 1.5% not 5%.  He completely ignored that ticket and its so easy to test and see.  I would like to know if im somehow accidentally handicapped stat wise, if i found out whats wrong my dinos would be stronger and faster.  Heck my sword would do more dmg too.  Course my spinos do the correct amount of dmg per strike so it looks unlikely my stats/game is off.  When my crappy longneck does 100+ dmg to a seagull when i hit its eye, i know theres 2 bonus modifiers, not just 1.  And when it comes to testing, if i took it upon myself to have an app for the world to use, i would look into an error report from my consumer.  Id test it to make sure and not just brush it off.  I mean hes got a link there asking us to report it to help him.

@Pipinghot  ok for you i did a dummy test with my sword.  Im assuming it doesnt calculate my melee stat because its doing 126 dmg on a 136.8% sword.  That actually implies the swords base dmg is 92 and not 90.  That further increases the idea that dinos resist human melee dmg too.  With my 136.8% sword and my melee at 295%, im doing 289 dmg.  90(base)x1.368x2.95=363.204   363.204x.8(representing the 20% resistance) is 290.5632  So there is a 20% resistance to human melee dmg.  Now if you dont believe me or think this should be known, go try it yourself.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 4/15/2019 at 7:41 PM, Onimusha759 said:

So i tamed a mosa on my new island map a few days ago and i noticed it wasnt doing the dmg it supposedly should be doing.  It was tamed with dmg of 328.something%.  If the mosa truly has 100 base dmg then whatever the dmg% it has is its actual dmg output right, 328% of 100 is 328.  My mosa started with doing 312, 95x3.28 is 311.  At 600% my mosa is doing 570 which 95x6(representing 600%) is 570.  Ive concluded mosa base dmg is 95, NOT 100.  Ive tried to tell dzve at dododex this but hes ignoring/acting like im stupid.  So can anyone take out their mosa and test this themselves?  Post your dmg done and dmg stat.  For the math divide the dmg you do by a hundreth of your stat(ie 328% would be 3.28, 600% is 6).

The Mosa indeed have 100 base damage. A wild Mosa level 1 that have 100% melee will deals 100 flat damage. As per the dev kit:

EuOC7A0.png

For tamed creatures, there is a lot more calculations affecting the output damage than just multiplying the displayed melee damage with the base damage as there is a lot more multipliers being applied based on all sort of things (damage type, target type, etc, etc.). Even wild creatures have per-species special cases that will modifies the output damage.

On 4/17/2019 at 1:58 AM, Onimusha759 said:

More misinformation, dododex says ichthys gain 5% speed per invested point, it only gains 1.5%

It used to be 5%, but received a lot of nerfs. For example:

On 3/27/2017 at 10:50 AM, Jatheish said:

v262.0
- Reduced Dolphin tamed run speed by 15%

On 3/27/2017 at 10:50 AM, Jatheish said:

v279.275
- Reduced the speed of Plesiosaur and Ichthyosaurus by approximately 35%

And possibly some more that were not documented in the patch notes.

the ichthyornis does have a headshot multiplyer

That's correct. The Ichthyornis have a 3x multiplier applied to their neck and their jaw bones.

With all that being said, I personally do not use dododex because I've found it to be very inaccurate and unreliable for the rare few times I tried it. I still respect what he is doing; which is offering free tools to players and I can't really blame him to not be responsive as you really seem to have an entitled attitude toward it based on how you are posting in that thread. If you are not happy with a free service offered, then look for alternatives.

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

The Mosa indeed have 100 base damage. A wild Mosa level 1 that have 100% melee will deals 100 flat damage. As per the dev kit:

EuOC7A0.png

For tamed creatures, there is a lot more calculations affecting the output damage than just multiplying the displayed melee damage with the base damage as there is a lot more multipliers being applied based on all sort of things (damage type, target type, etc, etc.). Even wild creatures have per-species special cases that will modifies the output damage.

It used to be 5%, but received a lot of nerfs. For example:

And possibly some more that were not documented in the patch notes.

That's correct. The Ichthyornis have a 3x multiplier applied to their neck and their jaw bones.

With all that being said, I personally do not use dododex because I've found it to be very inaccurate and unreliable for the rare few times I tried it. I still respect what he is doing; which is offering free tools to players and I can't really blame him to not be responsive as you really seem to have an entitled attitude toward it based on how you are posting in that thread. If you are not happy with a free service offered, then look for alternatives.

Im not entitled, i get offended though when i put my neck out and im treated like an idiot.  Thats where my attitude comes from, show respect and ill give it.  You assuming id just be like this is unfair.  I was respectful to him until he started being stupid to me.  I thank you for clearing up the base dmg question but can you elaborate on these resistances?  Nowhere else is this mentioned, and it be nice to know more.  I really dont see how or why a dino would do more dmg wild then tamed when it has the same stat, or maybe theres like a small resistance to all dmg somewhere for both.  I do respect what hes doing, im trying to help IF i see something that doesnt add up.  IF i was doing what hes doing id want the info 100% accurate, or its worthless.  Id feel bad knowing it wasnt and accidentally lying to people.  I understand its a big job and i commend him for his efforts, but he still pissed me off with his actions.  My point of this thread though isnt to bash dan, its to get to the root of all this, which your helping with(thank you), as well as destribute other info we are left out on or correct false info we are told/lead to believe.  Not to bash people but to get the real info for everyone.  If it just so happens dododex is wrong it should be said that way people know the error exists and can be prepared, that isnt against dan, its just for peoples benefit.  If dans wrong, its just a fact, not personal.  I do have a personal grudge with him that i told because people keep saying tell him, so i have to explain that i have and he doesnt listen to me.  I never wanted to get into any of that though, just to make aware some errors exist, my personal feelings aside.  My objective here is pure black and white info, cold hard facts/numbers.  So please elaborate for me as well as the rest of the arkverse if you are able to(not being smart, i just know you might not actually know the more gritty details).  And if someone else sees this, sews what im saying about the "dolphin" and writes dan a ticket and he finally looks into it and sees im right(with that), then the whole arkverse benefits.  Despite what it may look like im just wanting to help dan achieve his own goal of having an accurate website.  I want an accurate tool, so in the end im wanting what we all want.  Im just blunt and trying to get others to check too because i was ignored.  If im wrong id like to know(Like with the mosa), but if im right and ignored then i need someone else to verify it and tell whoever, in this case dan, so we can get it fixed.  I dont want a cookie, apology, or clapped for, i just want my darn tool to work properly and help everyone in the process.

14 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Im asking people to test this themselves and come back with their findings.  Im on ps4, i cant upload my screenshots onto anything because the option is incompatible.

So before we continue, do you understand why that makes it hard to take you seriously as a source? You're telling people "This information is wrong" without providing anything to document your claims. I'm not saying you're wrong, you might be right, but I am saying you need to take a moment to consider how this affects people who you are asking to do things, and to consider whether your approach to this topic is the right one for someone who cannot provide evidence. You are asking other people to go do work based on nothing more than your say-so without giving them any evidence to back you claims, even though they don't know you from Adam and you're contradicting sources they already trust. This basically puts you into the same basked with everyone else who has ever made a claim that may or may not be true. You are asking people to go spend their time doing work to support your claims, rather than supporting them yourself. Even if you're 100% right you need to think about whether you're approaching this the right way (and in case it's not obvious, I'm suggesting that you're doing it wrong).

Im not just blaming dododex, im blaming survive ark and wiki too.

Up until this moment that's not true. The only source you've mentioned in this thread is Dododex, you gave absolutely no indication of whether you check other sources and you still haven't indicated that you tried to communicate with the other sources. All you've talked about is Dododex, and pretty rudely at that. You have no presented yourself as someone who has done a good job of testing and is providing impartial data to help them get better informaiotn, you're presenting yourself as someone with an axe to grind.

My beef with dodo is dan acts like im retarded or doesnt even bother to read my msgs.  He doesnt even go test to see if im right and reply whether im right or wrong.  Im not the only 1 seeing this resistance with the sword, theres a topic in another forum as well.

Put yourself in his shoes. How many people do you think contact him every month, week or even maybe every day? There are tens of thousands of people still playing ARK actively all the time and there's only one of him. You may be the most important person in the world to you, but that doesn't mean you're the most important to everyone else. It's pretty obvious that you've never provided any kind of public service, so I can tell you that someone in his postion gets a whole lot of garbage communications in between the few good ones. I guarantee that he gets a constant stream of "this is wrong" from people who provide zero evidence of their claims. Again, you might be completely right, but if your entire "evidence" is "because I say so" that's not going to make you look any better than all of those other people. If you don't want your information to look like garbage then don't present it the same way that all of those other people present their garbage, you have to find a way of commnicating that makes your information look better than theirs.

I haven't messed with stats or resistances in my game so its not my settings.  Why dont you go and spawn and force tame a mosa and calculate what its dmg should be with 100 base and see if it matches.  Maybe whoever said it was 100 was lazy and just approximated it was 100 and everyone just went with it.

This is an example of why invincibleqc said that you seem to have an entitled attitude. Instead of showing some humility about your inability to present evidence you take a chippy tone and say, "Why dont you go..." spend time doing work to test something that you haven't documented. It would be one thing if you were asking politely, but you're not, you're taking a patronizing tone about it.

Or, "Maybe whoever said it was 100 was lazy....", yeah that sounds super entitled, whether you realize it or not. You can't even be bothered to find out why people think it's 100, you're so important that people should just listen to you and spend time testing what you want them to test, because you are not adequatly informed. As you have already seen, that information came from the Dev kit, but since you didn't know the source of the info you just irresponsibly accuse people of being lazy.

This isn't an episode of House, if you talk like a jerk and act like a jerk people are free to ignore you.

Maybe wc messed it up in a patch, regardless ive asked you, members of the community, to test and see if it is just me as well as to see if it could be different from wiki and me.

No, you haven't "asked", you've demanded. You've demanded that everyone listen to you and do what you say, that's not remotely the same as asking.

His reply about the mosa dmg was "some creatures have multipliers against other dinos"...Im like 1st off, its doing less dmg, not more.

A multiplier can be less than one, a multiplier of 0.95 is still a multiplier. Again, you might be right about the mosa but you're so busy massaging your own ego that you don't stop to think that there might be valid reasons behind the replies you're getting.

Dans reply was bs, like he didnt even read or try to comprehend what i was saying, which is unprofessional and obviously could piss someone off whos trying to help.

Dan's reply was the kind of thing a person says when they have a lot of people trying to make demands on their time. I'm not saying that Dan is perfect, but you really need to get over yourself and understand that when you make claims without providing evidence that it makes you a less credible source, and it's your job to make up for that credibility gap by giving him a reason to trust you before he spends his time testing your claims.

Before you try to discredit me

You didn't need me for that, your own posts were a discredit to you. Again, you might be 100% right but you have to give people a reason to take you seriously, being demanding, patronizing and entitled is not how you accomplish that goal.

why dont you go check these yourself and just maybe you might come back like wow, your actually right.  Then we can start getting some awareness and get these errors corrected on these different sites, thats the purpose of this thread.  Test, get awareness, correct the errors if any so no one gets blind sided or misinformed.

Testing means nothing without evidence. Once again, you're asking other people to do work for you becuase you claim that you can't. I don't know the first thing about the PS4, have never owned a Playstation of any sort, but even if the PS4 can't take screenshots your phone sure can. You could take pictures of what's happening on your screen and submit them as valid evidence of your claims, valid enough to at least give someone a reason to have some degree of faith in what you're saying. You cannot expect other people to do work to validate your ideas just because you say so.

And when it comes to testing, if i took it upon myself to have an app for the world to use, i would look into an error report from my consumer.  Id test it to make sure and not just brush it off.  I mean hes got a link there asking us to report it to help him.

And if you want to be someone that a stranger will pay attention to when you tell them that all of the known sources are wrong, you need to up your game and provide some kind of evidence to back up what you say. People say lots of things, talk is cheap, it's the people who do the work to provide evidence of what they say that get taken more seriously.

7 hours ago, Oldster said:

Wow.

Ignore the easily triggered brats Oni, your extremely minor and barely noticable empathy deficit was brushed aside by me and would be by any reasonably balanced adult.

I'm on PC and would be happy to extend the benefit of the doubt and help test your observations.

Im not trying to be entitled or unempathetic.  I know im seeing something that doesnt add up, i know its possible someone was lazy or made something up, it hasnt been the 1st time many people were fooled by a widely accepted but false conception.  I took a defensive stance because @Pipinghot comes off with you cant be trusted and wheres your proof.  I cant provide proof, so im asking people to help, im also willing for people to express errors they found.  I have contacted landdragon before(surviveark), and weve actually had a back and forth conversation about different things.  I dont know how bust dan is, but my msg to him was replied to in a short 2hour period.  I may be blunt but i dont feel entitled to anything by dan or anyone.  I can provide numbers that i see, but im unable to do screen shots or videos.  I could use peoples help and ive made that obvious, ive asked for it, asking for help is humble.  Id also like to give dan credit, i think he was trying to explain what invinc did to me, though he didnt elaborate enough for me to get it.  When you say dmg modifer based on type of creature im thinking like aquatic class receives bonus dmg from baryonyx, which is also pointed out by the dossier.  So im thinking hes just bs'ing me, nothing documented anywhere suggesting a mosa does bonus or is resisted by anything.  Im also thinking "certain types of creatures have dmg modifers" translating to ok so stingray might resist but squid not ect.  Low and behold its actually a hidden in game mechanic that afaik isnt documented and has completely blindsided me.  Im sorry that i assumed wrong, i used what info i had which made sense.  I also said maybe whoever was lazy, im not stating anyone was, just that it could be a possibility.  I brought up dan more because hes the 1 im having dealings with but back to his 2 hr quick reply, it points to him not being that busy POSSIBLY, but he also listened to my 1st part about the mosa kibble being wrong and he fixeed it, he didnt need a bunch of proof though its possible me stating thd surviveark had it right and him looking there might be enough reasonable doubt.  @Pipinghot  my defensiveness to you, is you coming at me hard and all but trying to discredit me, if you dont believe me then by all means go and discredit me, it may end up helping solve this issue.  Simply dont talk down to me or say anything against me til you try it yourself because you cant judge me or what im saying til you do.  Back to dan, i owe him credit and an apology because his answer which seemed like a bs answer was actually legit, just not elaborated enough for me to get what he was saying.  So me calling him unprofessional there was wrong of me so IF he ever happens to read this i apologize for that remark i made under false pretense.  As for me touching the wiki, i wouldnt dare touch something every has to use unless i know for certain im 100% right/verified by others and even then i wouldnt because id be afraid of messing it up somehow, best let a wiki experienced person touch it.  See, im not without humility, i might be blunt has heck when i dont have any better way to put something but i dont feel anyone owes me anything, which is what entitled implies.  Just because i can speak in the black and white doesnt mean im trying to be a jerk either.  Just because i express theres a possibility doesnt mean im saying 100% someone was an idiot, just maybe.  Then people aggrivating me will also turn my tone.  I get what piping was saying about it be helpful if i had pics, but if he really wants to be constructive and make this thread constructive why not go and test and take pics yourself.  Im providing info, its up to you to use it if you want to.  Coming at me like you want to discredit me isnt a stretch for me to become defensive and state the obvious, if you want to discredit me then do it.  Also dont say i lack empathy, my whole original purpose for this thread is because im empathizing with how others would feel when misinformed or blindsided by false info or secret/undocumented/barely documented mechanics.  It sucks.  Me saying id feel bad if i owned the app and it was inaccurate is me showing empathy towards the whole arkverse because id feel like "wow, what if i completely wasted someones time or got them screwed over somehow".  Im not without empathy, im usually super caring of others, just look at my pvp griefing replies, youll see, but once wrong/disrespectd...Ill admit im the type that will burn you alive.  Ill give you the shirt off my back, but F with me and ill lay you out type.  Might not be the best but i also try to not give anyone a reason to F with me, so usually when someone does, its them crossing the line and meriting my reaction.  I didnt do anything for him to ignore me, i wasnt rude to him, my rudeness here would be in response to his, which maybe is because he tried to explain something, poorly but tried lol, and i didnt get it at 1st.  Maybe its because i didnt have proof, maybe if i reference the patch notes nerfing the speed hed listen, idk.  All i know is im trying to help and im turned away like im not good enough.  I dont go through the bother of writing a big report just for fun.  So i cant upload pics because im a poor guy with no computer or smartphone...I already feel small because of that and im told i should be humble and valued less because im poor and unable.  Wheres your empathy people.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 4/23/2019 at 1:20 AM, Onimusha759 said:

I thank you for clearing up the base dmg question but can you elaborate on these resistances?

Alright, let's take the following scenario as an example. A level 1 wild versus a level 1 tamed Mosa:

17C0BE3A462D991B72856D73D789D39613014C42

As you can see, the Wild is dealing 100 damage with 100% melee while the tamed is dealing 121 with 128.3%. First of all, we need to know how our tamed Mosa got 128.3%. The Mosa have a 100 base melee, a 5% increase per wild points, a 1.7% increase per tamed points, a 9.1% additive bonus and a 17.6% multiplier bonus. Since this is a level 1, it has 0 wild point allocated into melee, it is unleveled so it has 0 tamed point allocated into melee, and was force-tamed so it has a 100% taming effectiveness. So here is how we got 128.3%:

((100 + (0 * 5)) + 9.1) * 1.176 = 128.30159999999998 // Rounded and displayed as 128.3 in-game.

Now to know why it deals 121 damage to a wild Mosa, we need to know a few values. The first one being what type of damage the primary attack of a Mosa is dealing. Based on the dev kit, it is dealing DmgType_Melee_Dino_Carnivore_Large. The Mosa have the following adjusters for incoming damage:

DmgType_Explosion = 1.0 // 0
DmgType_Instant_HurtDinos = 2.2 // 1
DmgType_Explosion_Demolition = 1.5 // 2
DmgType_Melee_WithProjectileImpact_Piercing = 1.4 // 3
DmgType_Melee_WithProjectileImpactFX = 0.5 // 4
DmgType_Melee_WithProjectileImpactFX = 1.5 // 5
DmgType_Melee_HighTorpidity_StoneWeapon = 0.66 // 6
DmgType_Melee_Human = 0.8 // 7
DmgType_Ranged_Turret_Small_DefensePlant = 0.5 // 8
DmgType_Melee_WithProjectileImpactFX_DoubleDinoDmg = 1.5 // 9
DmgType_Melee_DmgMetal_RaidDino = 1.55 // 10

// Extra.
DmgType_Melee_Dino_Herbivore = 0.6 // 0
DmgType_SpikeWall = 5.0 // 1

As you can see, the Mosa is not resistant to the damage coming from another Mosa. But why is it only dealing 121? Well, because the Mosa have a generic adjuster of 0.7:

pxX9qWH.png

So, with 128.3%, should not we only deal 70% of it? Not quite. Basically, that adjuster is applied to the multiplier, not to the total. So taking our previous calculation, it becomes:

((100 + (0 * 5)) + 9.1) * (1 + (0.176 * 0.7)) = 122.54111999999999 // Rounded to 122.

But wait, we are dealing 121, why is our result 122? That one is easy to explain. Unlike the displayed melee, the output damage is not including the additive bonus when applying the multiplier. So our calculation becomes the following:

((100 + (0 * 5)) * (1 + (0.176 * 0.7))) + 9.1 = 121.41999999999999 // Rounded to 121 in-game.

As for your example above:

On 4/15/2019 at 7:41 PM, Onimusha759 said:

It was tamed with dmg of 328.something%.

I will assume this was a 150 kibble tamed with 99.5% taming effectiveness that received 34 wild points into melee and was unleveled. So we get the following calculation:

((100 + (34 * 5)) * (1 + ((0.176 * 0.7) * 0.995))) + 9.1 = 312.19768000000005 // Rounded to 312.

This is just some basic examples but of course, there is A LOT more involved (saddle, imprinting, mate-boost, yuty boost, pack boost, taming effectiveness, creature specific adjusters, etc, etc.) that can be inserted anywhere and play a role in the result. In conclusion, the output damage is way more complex than the displayed melee and the base damage of a creature and there is no exact calculation unless you use per-specie data because each creature inherits from multiple classes and each of them can overwrite any values they want.

they dont tell you dinos are 20% resistant to your melee weapons as well

That is correct, as you can see in the adjusters listed above:

Most creature inherits that adjuster from their base class, so they should all or the majority of them be 20% resistant to player damage.

13 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Im not trying to be entitled or unempathetic.

Wheres your empathy people.

You reap what you sow. You established the tone for the discussion with how you post. Whether or not you were "trying" to be entitled or unempathetic that's how your posts came across.

Even the guy who agreed to help you described you as having an "empathy deficit". It should really give you something to think about when the guy who's on your side thinks you looked unempathetic.

1 hour ago, Techsupport said:

you can change your stat rates, so check that first

My game is set to default, i wiped a years worth of gameplay because i found out i was cheating stat wise.  I haven't touched any of the stats.  Thanks tho.

10 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Alright, let's take the following scenario as an example. A level 1 wild versus a level 1 tamed Mosa:

17C0BE3A462D991B72856D73D789D39613014C42

As you can see, the Wild is dealing 100 damage with 100% melee while the tamed is dealing 121 with 128.3%. First of all, we need to know how our tamed Mosa got 128.3%. The Mosa have a 100 base melee, a 5% increase per wild points, a 1.7% increase per tamed points, a 9.1% additive bonus and a 17.6% multiplier bonus. Since this is a level 1, it has 0 wild point allocated into melee, it is unleveled so it has 0 tamed point allocated into melee, and was force-tamed so it has a 100% taming effectiveness. So here is how we got 128.3%:

((100 + (0 * 5)) + 9.1) * 1.176 = 128.30159999999998 // Rounded and displayed as 128.3 in-game.

Now to know why it deals 121 damage to a wild Mosa, we need to know a few values. The first one being what type of damage the primary attack of a Mosa is dealing. Based on the dev kit, it is dealing DmgType_Melee_Dino_Carnivore_Large. The Mosa have the following adjusters for incoming damage:

DmgType_Explosion = 1.0 // 0
DmgType_Instant_HurtDinos = 2.2 // 1
DmgType_Explosion_Demolition = 1.5 // 2
DmgType_Melee_WithProjectileImpact_Piercing = 1.4 // 3
DmgType_Melee_WithProjectileImpactFX = 0.5 // 4
DmgType_Melee_WithProjectileImpactFX = 1.5 // 5
DmgType_Melee_HighTorpidity_StoneWeapon = 0.66 // 6
DmgType_Ranged_Turret_Small_DefensePlant = 0.5 // 8
DmgType_Melee_WithProjectileImpactFX_DoubleDinoDmg = 1.5 // 9
DmgType_Melee_DmgMetal_RaidDino = 1.55 // 10

// Extra.
DmgType_Melee_Dino_Herbivore = 0.6 // 0
DmgType_SpikeWall = 5.0 // 1

As you can see, the Mosa is not resistant to the damage coming from another Mosa. But why is it only dealing 121? Well, because the Mosa have a generic adjuster of 0.7:

pxX9qWH.png

So, with 128.3%, should not we only deal 70% of it? Not quite. Basically, that adjuster is applied to the multiplier, not to the total. So taking our previous calculation, it becomes:

((100 + (0 * 5)) + 9.1) * (1 + (0.176 * 0.7)) = 122.54111999999999 // Rounded to 122.

But wait, we are dealing 121, why is our result 122? That one is easy to explain. Unlike the displayed melee, the output damage is not including the additive bonus when applying the multiplier. So our calculation becomes the following:

((100 + (0 * 5)) * (1 + (0.176 * 0.7))) + 9.1 = 121.41999999999999 // Rounded to 121 in-game.

As for your example above:

I will assume this was a 150 kibble tamed with 99.5% taming effectiveness that received 34 wild points into melee and was unleveled. So we get the following calculation:

((100 + (34 * 5)) * (1 + ((0.176 * 0.7) * 0.995))) + 9.1 = 312.19768000000005 // Rounded to 312.

This is just some basic examples but of course, there is A LOT more involved (saddle, imprinting, mate-boost, yuty boost, pack boost, taming effectiveness, creature specific adjusters, etc, etc.) that can be inserted anywhere and play a role in the result. In conclusion, the output damage is way more complex than the displayed melee and the base damage of a creature and there is no exact calculation unless you use per-specie data because each creature inherits from multiple classes and each of them can overwrite any values they want.

That is correct, as you can see in the adjusters listed above:

Most creature inherits that adjuster from their base class, so they should all or the majority of them be 20% resistant to player damage.

Holy crap, thats exactly the kind of info i wanted this thread to dig up.  Thank you invinc!  Huge help and im sure this will benefit people.

2 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

You reap what you sow. You established the tone for the discussion with how you post. Whether or not you were "trying" to be entitled or unempathetic that's how your posts came across.

Even the guy who agreed to help you described you as having an "empathy deficit". It should really give you something to think about when the guy who's on your side thinks you looked unempathetic.

Just because im being flat out honest doesnt mean im lacking empathy though, thats a creation of your own mind.  Im noting every error i see from any source as i play.  I use dododex, thus why ive told its errors which is the point of this post, to alert errors.  I will send a report to dan, if he listens great, if not then thats why its here to begin with, so people know the real stat/info as well as being able to debunk or get to the bottom of any errors that anyone, im inviting everyone here, finds.  You dont even understand what entitlement is, its demanding or expecting something from someone because i feel its owed to me.  "maybe guy was lazy"  how at all is that entitled when im not demanding or expecting anything from anyone in that statement?  Also the words IF and MAYBE change tone and emphasis in statements, if you ignore those thats your problem.  "if you want to discredit me, go do it", that would be the proper thing to do yes?  Did i demand you to, No, am i implying anywhere that i actually expect you to because its owed to me, NO.  If you add context thats not there thats your own fault.  If you cant distinguish between defensiveness, me inviting you to use options i am willingly opening to you, the difference between hopefulness someone will actually help, or potential scenarios if peopole do help or discredit which would also be help, with entitlement then thats your issue, and if i seem grumpy its because of d heads who are nit picking the good im trying to do and disassemble it without even trying what im asking, not demanding or expecting you to carry out, asking!  Which goes back to my point, if you want to discredit anything ive said, then by all means do it, id be happy to know the facts.  Is it not understandable someone might get irritated by that.  Really @Pipinghot, the closest thing to entitlement in this entire thread is you all but demanding me to go buy things so i can meet your standards.  Your expecting me to meet a standard for you, and unvalue me because of it.  Your own argument is biting you.  Being told my view is worthless because i am unable to because i lack the money and i should be humbled is a real dik thing, and unempathetic.  Whatever i have doing on with dan also doesnt merit a lack of empathy from you, because ive done nothing to you.  So if your being entitled towards me from the beginning why should i listen to you, by your own argument?

On 4/23/2019 at 3:58 PM, Oldster said:

Wow.

Ignore the easily triggered brats Oni, your extremely minor and barely noticable empathy deficit was brushed aside by me and would be by any reasonably balanced adult.

I'm on PC and would be happy to extend the benefit of the doubt and help test your observations.

Thank you oldster.

Archived