Jump to content

Community Crunch 177: Eggcellent Adventure Returns Tomorrow!


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

1, nice english lol 2, you also said the color was broken, implying we are worried about the color when we arnt and you should of known rather obviously. 3, you then replied like a lil salty weenie under self induced false pretense, so you had your own lil off the handle going on there.  True, theres bigger problems, like artifact issues and that horrific ascension glitch, but the initial point, which stands, is wc broke some decent semi important stuff with their patch AGAIN, showing their coding sucks.  If you actually reread my 1st post i actually tell the guy it wasnt the colors(most likely).

I read you're stuff dude. You're not the person who literally had a fit about said picture. Yeah it's a problem with coding focusing on color. I re read your posts man and you must tripping up. I'm mostly just laughing at the fact so many people bitch and moan about small issues. If you lost your character then that makes more sense. Yet people are going back to the game regardless. That, right there, is what I'm addressing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take this event and stick it up your rear ends we wanted a breeding boost like you've given EVERY EASTER typical wildcard disappointing the player base again, not even worth logging in for. Becoming a

Love your work wc. And to all the cry babies about the breeding.. who cares if u don't like it go play something else.  your the reason why the community is toxic. 

REEE where's our 3x breeding rates

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Xylom said:

I read you're stuff dude. You're not the person who literally had a fit about said picture. Yeah it's a problem with coding focusing on color. I re read your posts man and you must tripping up. I'm mostly just laughing at the fact so many people bitch and moan about small issues. If you lost your character then that makes more sense. Yet people are going back to the game regardless. That, right there, is what I'm addressing. 

Indeed, a lot of people do gripe over small details.  I can understand frustrations boiling though.  Its like when you have a bunch off real problem because of jerkoffs and then some store clerk smarts off to you for no reason and you just flip on him.  Was it important, no, was it the last straw because of some careless d head, yes lol.  Wc is super careless and they F sith us by doing so.  So, they still deserve crap thrown at them because they throw it at us.  Now idk the picture your talking about, i was just agreeing their coding is crap and the likelihood of it actually being the color coding screwing up the s+ which with all the extra coding they actually did its more likely not the color coding.  Back on to how people keep coming back, i think its because theres nothing like ark, even with all the bugs its still amazing.  The bugs being unaddressed simply because they dont seem to care though is unacceptable.  Theyve had more then enough time to address old game breaking bugs.  They just dont, and  they wont until we kick em in their rears enough times to motivate them.  Thus people cursing em out.  We support the game and want it to be better, we do the only thing thats available that they seem to somewhat listen to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Indeed, a lot of people do gripe over small details.  I can understand frustrations boiling though.  Its like when you have a bunch off real problem because of jerkoffs and then some store clerk smarts off to you for no reason and you just flip on him.  Was it important, no, was it the last straw because of some careless d head, yes lol.  Wc is super careless and they F sith us by doing so.  So, they still deserve crap thrown at them because they throw it at us.  Now idk the picture your talking about, i was just agreeing their coding is crap and the likelihood of it actually being the color coding screwing up the s+ which with all the extra coding they actually did its more likely not the color coding.  Back on to how people keep coming back, i think its because theres nothing like ark, even with all the bugs its still amazing.  The bugs being unaddressed simply because they dont seem to care though is unacceptable.  Theyve had more then enough time to address old game breaking bugs.  They just dont, and  they wont until we kick em in their rears enough times to motivate them.  Thus people cursing em out.  We support the game and want it to be better, we do the only thing thats available that they seem to somewhat listen to.

Its a sad fact because now that I know the devs have done some stupid poop for money. I've been around since launch. Took a hiatus around schorched. I'm hoping they can better themselves. I really do. They might deserve the poop their getting right now but it doesn't need to last. 

Be professional

Be kind

That's the steps I see their taking

In regards to restoring chars

They're offering an alt to people and their still loosing their poop. Something is better than nothing. And it's not like their deleting all (said persons) tame. I'm not here to fight with your statement. I agree with what you're saying.

Also forum autocorrect is funny

Edited by Xylom
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Xylom said:

I read you're stuff dude. You're not the person who literally had a fit about said picture. Yeah it's a problem with coding focusing on color. I re read your posts man and you must tripping up. I'm mostly just laughing at the fact so many people bitch and moan about small issues. If you lost your character then that makes more sense. Yet people are going back to the game regardless. That, right there, is what I'm addressing. 

Read my post few pages earlier. This whole update is not necessary in a moment like that - peoples' vaults have been destroyed, characters are lost, dinos are starving, tickets are being ignored and what Wildcard does? Release a "patch" with ugly-colored dinos, eggs and skins, which is full of new bugs and basically people can't even "enjoy" it, because are still waiting for their chars to be restored.

Sorry, man, but I know a little bit about programming and coding, because I'm creating my own game, and I can't understand the mess in ARK's code. Where are unit tests? Why releasing one "fix" is always related to new glitches? I can imagine millions lines of a code which is so messed that it's not hard to break something. Hey, players, grab some egg-hats for your dinos! Oh, wait, we screwed something with S+ Wooden Railings... Sheeeiiit, not again...

They've tried to "improve servers' performance" as well few patches ago, when Homestead was released. And what happened? FPS dropped, rubberbanding, lags, random fatal errors, even when you try to move tons of item from your inventory using "T" key, you must now wait, because it's lagging... That's unacceptable. This game is unstable enough without WC trying to "fix server performance", really...

I hope you understand my point now. Wildcard has no priorities. Lost characters and destroyed precious vaults? Wait a sec, our Eggcellent patch is almost ready! Come on... And again, a question of optimization. Such thing with few bug fixes (and lots new glitches), some skins and Bunny Dodos is literally 700 Mbs to download. Really? My whole ARK folder is almost 180 Gbs now, and I have only two maps (The Center, Ragnarok) if not counting vanilla Island. And now another seven hundreds megabytes for some skins and easter eggs?? Oh boi...

This game is dying, unfortunately. I've spent 1,800+ hours in ARK and I've had enough of Wildcard's incompetence and lack of priorities. They choked with money and are showing us a middle finger right now. "Thanks for your money, enjoy amazing Eggcellent Adventure with your lvl 1 character, because... well... your maxed avatar is lost now. Sorry! Your WC team."

Enough.

Edited by Dzieciak
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dzieciak said:

Read my post few pages earlier. This whole update is not necessary in a moment like that - peoples' vaults have been destroyed, characters are lost, dinos are starving, tickets are being ignored and what Wildcard does? Release a "patch" with ugly-colored dinos, eggs and skins, which is full of new bugs and basically people can't even "enjoy" it, because are still waiting for their chars to be restored.

Sorry, man, but I know a little bit about programming and coding, because I'm creating my own game, and I can't understand the mess in ARK's code. Where are unit tests? Why releasing one "fix" is always related to new glitches? I can imagine millions lines of a code which is so messed that it's not hard to break something. Hey, players, grab some egg-hats for your dinos! Oh, wait, we screwed something with S+ Wooden Railings... Sheeeiiit, not again...

They've tried to "improve servers' performance" as well few patches ago, when Homestead was released. And what happened? FPS dropped, rubberbanding, lags, random fatal errors, even when you try to move tons of item from your inventory using "T" key, you must now wait, because it's lagging... That's unacceptable. This game is unstable enough without WC trying to "fix server performance", really...

I hope you understand my point now. Wildcard has no priorities. Lost characters and destroyed precious vaults? Wait a sec, our Eggcellent patch is almost ready! Come on... And again, a question of optimization. Such thing with few bug fixes (and lots new glitches), some skins and Bunny Dodos is literally 700 Mbs to download. Really? My whole ARK folder is almost 180 Gbs now, and I have only two maps (The Center, Ragnarok) if not counting vanilla Island. And now another seven hundreds megabytes for some skins and easter eggs?? Oh boi...

This game is dying, unfortunately. I've spent 1,800+ hours in ARK and I've had enough of Wildcard's incompetence and lack of priorities. They choked with money and are showing us a middle finger right now. "Thanks for your money, enjoy amazing Eggcellent Adventure with your lvl 1 character, because... well... your maxed avatar is lost now. Sorry! Your WC team."

Enough.

And that's why I didn't stick around. I took a break and came back to the game only a month ago. I'm assuming you play on PC. I'm surprised people haven't made a mod that fixes a bunch of their poop. Regardless it is there's to fix, I've seen bug mod fixes before on other games. I can't say I'm done with the game though. I still enjoy it but there's no doubt they need to get their poop fixed

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Xylom said:

Its a sad fact because now that I know the devs have done some stupid poop for money. I've been around since launch. Took a hiatus around schorched. I'm hoping they can better themselves. I really do. They might deserve the poop their getting right now but it doesn't need to last. 

Be professional

Be kind

That's the steps I see their taking

In regards to restoring chars

They're offering an alt to people and their still loosing their poop. Something is better than nothing. And it's not like their deleting all (said persons) tame. I'm not here to fight with your statement. I agree with what you're saying.

Also forum autocorrect is funny

Oh ya it is lol.  But yes, i have noticed more effort on their part recently.  They do seem a lil to preoccupied with trivial stuff though, like does the dragon of extinction really need nerfed even more?...Especially when that horrid ascension glitch with rockwell is still going on.  You lose your ascending character, all your notes and map discoveries for all your maps, your ingame rewards(skins and trophy rewards), your ab tribe so you lose your base and tames...Considering the main objective of ab is to ascend, it kinda destroys the purpose of ab and everything you do on it.  It also breaks the lore based story(sad since it has basically no story and what lil plot it has is broken by this).  Its pretty obvious this should be a priority and it seems they are ignoring it.  Whats worse theyve already fixed this same bug with the tek cave ascension a year ago.  They couldnt be bothered to make sure they didnt repeat it or just implement a slightly altered version of their previous fix...I mean someone(multiple 1s) need slapped, "what was that for", for being an idiot.  They are being kind to our face sure, behind our backs theyre being d heads.  Or at least they were, they have shown improvement since the team switched around.  Im waiting for the next patch before i deem them as worthless as the last team.  The QoL fixes they made with the land whistle and not having to wander to mate is kiss worthy XD.  Then they got right on the getting stuck on rocks and floors bug and fixed it, so they do deserve some credit for effort recently though this current patch seemed kinda pointless(the nerf/fixing part).  All in all im hopeful and willing to give em a new chance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Oh ya it is lol.  But yes, i have noticed more effort on their part recently.  They do seem a lil to preoccupied with trivial stuff though, like does the dragon of extinction really need nerfed even more?...Especially when that horrid ascension glitch with rockwell is still going on.  You lose your ascending character, all your notes and map discoveries for all your maps, your ingame rewards(skins and trophy rewards), your ab tribe so you lose your base and tames...Considering the main objective of ab is to ascend, it kinda destroys the purpose of ab and everything you do on it.  It also breaks the lore based story(sad since it has basically no story and what lil plot it has is broken by this).  Its pretty obvious this should be a priority and it seems they are ignoring it.  Whats worse theyve already fixed this same bug with the tek cave ascension a year ago.  They couldnt be bothered to make sure they didnt repeat it or just implement a slightly altered version of their previous fix...I mean someone(multiple 1s) need slapped, "what was that for", for being an idiot.  They are being kind to our face sure, behind our backs theyre being d heads.  Or at least they were, they have shown improvement since the team switched around.  Im waiting for the next patch before i deem them as worthless as the last team.  The QoL fixes they made with the land whistle and not having to wander to mate is kiss worthy XD.  Then they got right on the getting stuck on rocks and floors bug and fixed it, so they do deserve some credit for effort recently though this current patch seemed kinda pointless(the nerf/fixing part).  All in all im hopeful and willing to give em a new chance.

See when I came back everything, was a mystery to me. Ascending, Tek, new bosses, new map creatures, new drops. Even Nitrado. A single Xbox was only the way to play. I did have a person that was a friend of a friend who hosted his other Xbox as a dedicated server. But he decided to wipe us all and give it to his wife without really letting us know so that's why I stopped

I really never had an issue with bugs when it came to ark. When I heard they took away movement speed to Dinos, I was kinda like "ummm okay.." I've honestly enjoy the event. I just wish they didn't expand to all consoles. Even mobile before addressing the problems they currently face. I do hope they give PS4,Xbox and switch more content though. I don't play on official so it hasn't been that bad for me. Official suffers more problems than un official. People should find a a good server imo

Edited by Xylom
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Xylom said:

See when I came back everything, was a mystery to me. Ascending, Tek, new bosses, new map creatures, new drops. Even Nitrado. A single Xbox was only the way to play. I did have a person that was a friend of a friend who hosted his other Xbox as a dedicated server. But he decided to wipe us all and give it to his wife without really letting us know so that's why I stopped

I really never had an issue with bugs when it came to ark. When I heard they took away movement speed to Dinos, I was kinda like "ummm okay.." I've honestly enjoy the event. I just wish they didn't expand to all consoles. Even mobile before addressing the problems they currently face. I do hope they give PS4,Xbox and switch more content though. I don't play on official so it hasn't been that bad for me. Official suffers more problems than un official. People should find a a good server imo

See thats where my situation comes in, im a singleplayer guy, theres bugs they fixed on their official that they are letting rot for SP and unofficial/dedi.  Ever since the tek cave released the skylord artifact along with all the crates refuse to spawn in the NW cave on island.  So you either cheat or the whole endgame is ruined for you.  It really pisses me off they fixed it only for their official servers.  Im ps4 btw.  Ya the flier nerf was hard, but partly needed, i think they took it way to far tho, a speed cap would of been better then a complete lock.  I too feel bad for switch, from what i hear abstract is guns ready to give switch more love but wc refuses to give them the ok.

Dont get me wrong, i love the holiday events, i just dont think its cool to destroy so many players characters and then have new limited time content when players arnt really able to take full advantage of it with trying to regain lost ground or eventually scraping their new stuff when they regain their old character, if they ever do.  A postpone might of been a better choice for the easter event.  My beef was with the actual patching, as always i see basically nothing being done thats visually obvious to me.  Really the only thing that actually effects me is manas suck even more now.  Im thinking to myself, maybe its a good thing i never tamed 1 of these and do i even want to anymore?  I feel like the dragon i actually bought should be better then the free 1s, especially when the pay to have 1 is THE ENDGAME dragon, and the endgame tame of the endgame map.

Tek was highly disappointing til extinction.  It wasnt upgradable so even chitin could easily out do tek before.  Now on extinction ONLY, you can get upgraded versions, finally making it the endgame armor and weapons, though they forgot the shield in the loot tables XD.

The mobile version irritates the crap outta me, it obviously has to be scaled down and yet they add new stuff to it that i wish we had.  A special griffin that we dont have as well as the fact they can breed em...Thats so uncool wc...I want mutated griffins...With imprint.  Btw, your alright, i enjoy talking to you.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sorry that we don’t things like that on pc but think about if mobile players could get mods that would be a bit op and they want to limit another thing is we don’t get other maps or a lot of the dinos like thylas or yutys but i am happy they didn’t do the kibble rework but I do really wish they did more events on mobile

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Rocketraptor said:

I’m sorry that we don’t things like that on pc but think about if mobile players could get mods that would be a bit op and they want to limit another thing is we don’t get other maps or a lot of the dinos like thylas or yutys but i am happy they didn’t do the kibble rework but I do really wish they did more events on mobile

Ya when it comes to maps and events i think you guys got shafted.  Though switch has it worst.  The only reason why id want mods is to fix the devs mistakes and maybe crystal isles which is basically rag and ab fused together.  Speaking of which, @Jatheish @Jen @Chris can we get an official statement on whether you guys are looking to add crystal isles?  Even a we are considering it but arnt certain response i think would go a long way.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rocketraptor said:

What i don’t damn get  is that so many people complain about small things that wildcard messed up on

2 hours ago, Rocketraptor said:

Yes but I honestly hope they add the event to mobile because I really don’t like using my ancient amber on coloring dinos

So why are you commenting about "small things that WC messed up" when you play ARK on your phone? Destroyed vaults, lost characters... but no, those are "small things" and the most important issue is to get this pathetic event on mobiles.

About these screwed S+ Wood Railings - I could replace them with ARK Homestead Wood Railings, but they are so ugly... I can't get it that one guy who was responsible for Structures+ mod has done better job with vanilla structures than Wildcard themselves! That's a shame for WC. They can't even create something pretty from their own bricks. And now I have to rebuild part of my house to replace S+ Railings, but I suppose it's only a tip of an iceberg... I'm scared of next "patches" and "fixes"... Basically, I'm prepared to my house being totally demolished with next update.

Edited by Dzieciak
  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yah that is true but we did get things like war drum which is very active in the community and we get premium items and for your info you should pay more attention to read people posts  because I clearly say that we get nerfs so I do play on pc it’s just that I’ve been playing on mobile because my friends can’t play on pc?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...