Community Crunch 177: Eggcellent Adventure Returns Tomorrow!

StudioWildcard

18 hours ago, GreenRoc said:

I remember years ago we would get breeding multipliers at least once a month (I played Official, now called Legacy, as early as 2015)
I dont recall if we had breeding boosts for Easter... Then one day, Breeding boosts just stopped showing up, and I prepped for it every week for weeks. It took me months over many weekends to realize breeding boosts weren't coming anymore.

I miss those old days of breeding boosts. I dont miss the high ping or unplayable servers tho.

Edit: took me a while to read through all the comments... I struggle everyday to not be negative, not just on forums but in life in general...for years I tried really hard not to hate on Wildcard either (I have reasons I wish to be good to them). I am sorry if anyone was upset by my post on page two :/

I have been a passionate Ark player for many years, played most of my 20k hours on Official PvE (legacy too). But due to how painful it was for me in real life, with losing stuff I never wanted to lose... It's kinda hard to praise them with 100% positivity, when suffering so much heartache over the years. It was a good run, lots of joy to be had, events and encounters and friendships made that I will never forget, friends I still have to this day, I love you peeps! So not a total waste, it took over most of my waking hours for three years, so this game has been fantastic for most of it, or I would not have played!

I had to dig down deep to find that I still have hope for this game to be better than it was (even if a tiny hint of hope is hiding here somewhere), to fix all the bugs, to a point there are no glitches, but I have not seen that come true yet. I might come back to Official PvE Ark, if I can feel I will no longer be plagued by stressors that trigger my adult meltdowns, which are never fun to be getting when it is stimulated by a video game.

I panic too much to continue playing this game in Official PvE. Only coming in to help my friend, but even that situation has risks, I'm just not emotionally bound to any of the tames anymore, so it doesnt feel like I have to do something to get the tames back if a glitch eats them.

There are people around me who praise me for quitting, others who say "that's why I never play multiplayer" but then there are also others who treat me like utter garbage because I gave up playing Official Ark. Whether they realize it or not, every post here that attacks people for not being 100% happy with Ark feels like an attack on me too.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but after not playing Official Ark for a while, I have observed that I am mentally much better. when I played Official Ark, I had to be on at least every 4 days, or gigas would die.... a weekly requirement to be in Ark or risk losing dinos. I just dont have the strength for that anymore. It was fun, all the fun stuff, all the friendships made and keep going to this day.... but the negatives now outweigh the positives for me th s year.

TL;DR: Weighing the pros and cons, I am better off not playing Official PvE Ark anymore. but it has it's positives I don't regret

Well, thats your choice playing official. 

13 hours ago, ArkP1 said:

Actually, it was a pagan celebration of Spring long before Christianity even existed. Just like Christmas, it was adopted as a holiday because it was easier to rebrand than to get people to stop observing it. 

Says the governments and society that wants everyone against religion.  Christianity is the extension of the hebrew religion which is 1 of the oldest religions

Edited by Onimusha759

On 4/16/2019 at 9:19 PM, qaphsiel said:

You would think so, but no. I even made a new refining forge, and it accepts the ingredients for steel (and glass), but does not make them. Very frustrating.

they fixed so you can now include the items into the forge for Primitive plus but now the forge doesnt work... like why do i still even play this game its frustrating 1 step forward 2 steps back! dont people test the stuff as well cumon ark team get it right!!!! 

6 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Says the governments and society that wants everyone against religion.  Christianity is the extension of the hebrew religion which is 1 of the oldest religions

Lol. Okay, I wasn’t trying to touch a nerve. Easter wasn’t a celebrated holiday for the Hebrew religion either, they observe Passover. It has nothing to do with being against religion, as paganism is a religion in itself. 

It wasn’t until well after Christianity was formed as a separate religion that the Council of Nicea came together to establish common ground among the different sects of the Christian faith. Essentially, the time of year coincides with a period of days that are sacred to virtually every religion in some way. It’s not supposed to be divisive, but rather a unification where everyone could celebrate at the same time without feeling a sense or need to compete against one another. 

It’s a time for harmony where we can all celebrate around the same time but in our own way, and I think it’s kind of beautiful that people can get together and enjoy something without having to worry about little details like what god a person prays to.  After all, it could just be that every religion is just a different perspective of the same god and angels and all the good people are going to land in the same place together no matter what words or names they use to describe it. 

Happy whatever, just be happy. 

• Facepalm 1

On 4/15/2019 at 4:59 PM, Smashbox27 said:

Love your work wc. And to all the cry babies about the breeding.. who cares if u don't like it go play something else.  your the reason why the community is toxic. 

*you're

Besides, why would someone expect consistency when it WAS there previously? THAT'S being a cry-baby? Well then I am one too.....heaven forbid a company sets expectations only to violate them over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over......

I would just like to say yes prim is still broken but wc has taken a positive step forward. You can put things in a forge  but the forge doesn’t cook it. To me that’s a step forward. As far as I can tell nothing in prim got broken with the update.  So in my eyes at least they are trying. As far as the egg event after the valentines event breaking prim further I’m good with them not attempting to add it to prim. I’d hate to see forward progress broken because of crazy colored Dino’s and Easter eggs.  

On 4/16/2019 at 11:05 PM, Savamther said:

Already something bust! Unless this is an old problem  and I didn't notice? 3DScrnf.jpg

it's the s+ Mods railing. I haven't tried Homestead's cause it's disabled on my server.

The same for me. Now I wonder how long we will wait for WC fixing it... I bet WEEKS.
What a bunch of incompetent morons... no, really, ARK's code must be so messed that when they try to add stupid colored dinos and skins, they ruin some S+ items... WTH??!

Edited by Dzieciak

15 minutes ago, Xylom said:

Someone's super salty ?

Hes got a point though, how can such trivial coding break more core mechanics?  It would have to be 1 extremely unorganized and knotted code.  Of course thats assuming the colors actually did it, theyve added new items, temporary creature variations, temporary eggs, special effects, a nerf for a creature, fixes for descriptions, meshing issues, and the environment itself.  In all likelihood it was the more advanced stuff @Dzieciak that caused these bugs.  Though your still right, they suck at coding because they always break something XD

Edited by Onimusha759

Just now, Onimusha759 said:

Hes got a point though, how can such trivial coding break more core mechanics?  It would have to be 1 extremely unorganized and knotted code.  Of course thats assuming the colors actually did it, theyve added new items, temporary creature variations, temporary eggs, special effects, a nerf for a creature, TO BE CONTINUED

Wow a problem with color. The world is raptoring ending. Like it's just a game and that problem compared to others in this game, is faaar less problematic

• Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, Xylom said:

Wow a problem with color. The world is raptoring ending. Like it's just a game and that problem compared to others in this game, is faaar less problematic

You replied 1, before i was finished(reread dude) 2, you dont read, hes complaining the color coding caused s+ issues.  We arnt complaining about the color, hes complaining the color coding broke other, more important, coding.  That should of been obvious even with the part you quoted before i was finished.  Way to fly off the handle with sass without actually reading XD

Edited by Onimusha759

4 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

You replied 1, before i was finished(reread dude) 2, you dont read, hes complaining the color coding caused s+ issues.  We arnt complaining about the color, hes complaining the color coding broke other, more important, coding.  That should of been obvious even with the part you quoted before i was finished.  Way to fly off the handle with sass without actually reading XD

I said it wasn't that big of a deal. Look at OP flying off the handle xD you must confused 

1 minute ago, Xylom said:

I said it wasn't that big of a deal. Look at OP flying off the handle xD you must confused 

1, nice english lol 2, you also said the color was broken, implying we are worried about the color when we arnt and you should of known rather obviously. 3, you then replied like a lil salty weenie under self induced false pretense, so you had your own lil off the handle going on there.  True, theres bigger problems, like artifact issues and that horrific ascension glitch, but the initial point, which stands, is wc broke some decent semi important stuff with their patch AGAIN, showing their coding sucks.  If you actually reread my 1st post i actually tell the guy it wasnt the colors(most likely).