Community Crunch 177: Eggcellent Adventure Returns Tomorrow!

StudioWildcard

Just now, Bproude said:

Not only that they pretty much screwd over extinction players this next makes extinction almost unplayable you got kill the desert Titan and you get knocked off your mana so often it’s not worth it you get killed by the forest because now all it does it root you... which by the way you still haven’t fixed the bug where the roots stay on your screen and dieing doesn’t fix. Base defense is harder now and bases get wiped easier by titans. You go to an ele vein or drop and 3 manas vs one griefer on a wyvern will kill you

Congrats to you wildcard on losing a lot of you players for making extinction unplayable half my server on official is quitting and probably a lot more people so props to you for nerfing the manas as bad as you did and not even think about how it’s going to affect people who even live on extinction 

8 hours ago, BrokenArkGame said:

So this egg coloring event makes no sense if I paint an egg and post it here there's a chance one of these clowns in the comments will save the picture and claim it as there own this contest is broken what's stopping someone from stealing someone else's work anyone can claim your work and say its them 

If you’re concerned, try crafting a sign with your gamertag/user name or whatever, and include it in the screenshot. 

11 hours ago, ArkP1 said:

You should keep in mind that you do not represent nor speak for WC, and therefore if they have, you don’t have any reason to repeat what has already been said or is already known, because it truly is a “pointless exercise” to do so.

Additionally, it is NEVER productive or contributory for you to troll members simply because they suggest or request something different than what the current policies and practices are. In fact, they did a rollback because people immediately complained about losing vaults, they are working hard to restore lost characters because people complained about it, they even changed the kibble rework because it was poorly balanced and people complained (I would even say it needs more work). 

In conclusion, you don’t know anything more than what has been disclosed to the public and possible changes are not up to you.

Btw, I’ve been thinking about it more and maybe egg laying frequency isn’t the best feature for Easter. Perhaps a better, more appropriate multiplier would be an increase in incubation speed. Either way, it’s not up to you, and you can’t do anything about it, and WC can change, feature, or do what ever they want whether or not you attack a person for suggesting it. ;)

You keep claiming I’m a troll. Typical lefty, smear everyone you disagree with.

how they gonna nerf the mana when it still is vanishing on people... fix the dissapear act before the nerf...

i have a mana... scared to take it out.. lost a different mana and all the stuff i had on me because the mana is a magician and can do a dissapearing act... please fix the mana glitch before you nerf. ><

Edited by mrloopy
  • Like 2

You're worried about meshing (multiplayer problem only) with this lag?  Seriously?  Sigh.

And I don't care about whether or not there has ever been a 3x breeding event for Easter.  It's time for a 3x breeding event, sans 2x everything.  We used to get nearly monthly 3x breeding.  Heck, even 2x breeding would be nice.  It's the other half of the game, people....  Again - Sigh...  We have enough resources to last a server year.  

• Like 1

I remember years ago we would get breeding multipliers at least once a month (I played Official, now called Legacy, as early as 2015)
I dont recall if we had breeding boosts for Easter... Then one day, Breeding boosts just stopped showing up, and I prepped for it every week for weeks. It took me months over many weekends to realize breeding boosts weren't coming anymore.

I miss those old days of breeding boosts. I dont miss the high ping or unplayable servers tho.

Edit: took me a while to read through all the comments... I struggle everyday to not be negative, not just on forums but in life in general...for years I tried really hard not to hate on Wildcard either (I have reasons I wish to be good to them). I am sorry if anyone was upset by my post on page two :/

I have been a passionate Ark player for many years, played most of my 20k hours on Official PvE (legacy too). But due to how painful it was for me in real life, with losing stuff I never wanted to lose... It's kinda hard to praise them with 100% positivity, when suffering so much heartache over the years. It was a good run, lots of joy to be had, events and encounters and friendships made that I will never forget, friends I still have to this day, I love you peeps! So not a total waste, it took over most of my waking hours for three years, so this game has been fantastic for most of it, or I would not have played!

I had to dig down deep to find that I still have hope for this game to be better than it was (even if a tiny hint of hope is hiding here somewhere), to fix all the bugs, to a point there are no glitches, but I have not seen that come true yet. I might come back to Official PvE Ark, if I can feel I will no longer be plagued by stressors that trigger my adult meltdowns, which are never fun to be getting when it is stimulated by a video game.

I panic too much to continue playing this game in Official PvE. Only coming in to help my friend, but even that situation has risks, I'm just not emotionally bound to any of the tames anymore, so it doesnt feel like I have to do something to get the tames back if a glitch eats them.

There are people around me who praise me for quitting, others who say "that's why I never play multiplayer" but then there are also others who treat me like utter garbage because I gave up playing Official Ark. Whether they realize it or not, every post here that attacks people for not being 100% happy with Ark feels like an attack on me too.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but after not playing Official Ark for a while, I have observed that I am mentally much better. when I played Official Ark, I had to be on at least every 4 days, or gigas would die.... a weekly requirement to be in Ark or risk losing dinos. I just dont have the strength for that anymore. It was fun, all the fun stuff, all the friendships made and keep going to this day.... but the negatives now outweigh the positives for me th s year.

TL;DR: Weighing the pros and cons, I am better off not playing Official PvE Ark anymore. but it has it's positives I don't regret.

Edited by GreenRoc

On 4/16/2019 at 8:53 AM, DoRNGLucky said:

So they nerfed the mana again? Really? Here’s an idea! Take it out of pvp and put it back to its original dps/range settings. If i have to get close i’ll just use a gig.  Just take it out of PvP because if it wasn’t already close to replaceable it most certainly is now.

On 4/16/2019 at 8:53 AM, DoRNGLucky said:

So they nerfed the mana again? Really? Here’s an idea! Take it out of pvp and put it back to its original dps/range settings. If i have to get close i’ll just use a gig.  Just take it out of PvP because if it wasn’t already close to replaceable it most certainly is now.

well we after we  raised  lots of mana this is what we get a simply "raptor ur mana" from devs and ppvp cry babys who say mana is strong  now i can tame mana naked in snow  and even breeded manas are trash and this mana nerf put a BIG RIP to manas

8 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

You keep claiming I’m a troll. Typical lefty, smear everyone you disagree with.

You’re trolling, bub. 

You don’t represent WC, but you continually make statements as though you do. I disagree with every person that thinks there should be another breeding event, but few of them are trolling and unlike you, I don’t think they are wrong for wanting something. People address WC specifically and you can’t help but insert yourself into a conversation that isn’t directed toward you, has NOTHING to do with you, and has no bearing on your NON-official  servers. 

Somebody says, “WC should...” fill in the blank with whatever, and there you are telling the person they are wrong for wanting or thinking what they think. 

You are trolling. 

“Lefty?”  ? 

Yeah, politics. Donkeys and elephants, neither of which I have time for. 

Pathetic, truly pathetic. 

• Facepalm 1

18 hours ago, Stefan0 said:

What a nerf! I guess manas were to powerfull for PvP, but with that range, the remaining dino for Desert Titan is arge now xD Thanks, really...

When they started to nerf the managarmr, by introducing the nerf of damage range scale, i stopped to use managarmr to kill Desert TItan, i'm rather going on his back, using an OP tek Sword, and hitting his back. It is kind of fast (my char got 430dmg :p)

15 hours ago, hugozilla said:

I am so upset. My tribe has been working towards doing the desert titan.  We raised and tamed managarmr's, made good saddles and collected everything necessary for the titan fight.  Tonight was going to be the night.  Then I found out the managarmr got nerfed.  Jumped on the computer to test the distance.  There's no way it could used anymore for the desert titan.  Soooooo disappointed.

Get tek suits (some if you have only basic ones), get your char with melee damage above 300 and more than 300 HP, get healing brew, get a good sword/tek sword. And just hit his back like a barbarian. I'm killing Desert Titan solo like that xD

IMPORTANT!

If you play Singleplayer OR on a private server with boosted egg laying rates, reduce these rates ASAP. I play on Singleplayer with '0.05' (20x) egg laying rate and this causes HUGE issues with the 'Bunny Dodos'. The 'Bunny Dodos' have an inflated egg laying rate and this stacks with your own server rates. 

I did NOT do a dino wipe upon loading my SP up after the patch and so after killing a few dinos in the area to encourage the new spawns, 3 'Bunny Dodos' spawned nearby and started laying, within seconds there was a field of easter eggs and i was reduced to playing at 3-5 fps.... 3!!! Dodos....

Yesss I play on Xbox One, but if 3 Dodos is all it took to drop my fps to a slideshow, imagine what 20-30 'Bunny Dodos' would do.

Just trying to give y'all a heads up.

Keep surviving ?

Sad to say even after update meshed yet again. I really love the game but can't do do it anymore. I'm okay with getting raided and wiped in a fair fight but to put so much time and effort into it and someone just hacks the map to wipe is too much to deal with. Devs only replaced a few tames last time but we lost too much for it to be worth it. Especially knowing someone will just mesh it again. Hope in the future it is resolved finally but the game in its current state is broken and pointless if people can by pass all defenses.