Character lost after Traveling between different dedicated servers

unr3al011

Today i copied our ragnarok map on a brand new dedicated due to performance issues. I made the cluster folder shared between those folders and specified it in the startup script.

We have 5 Maps on Dedicated #1 and 1 Map (Ragnarok) on Dedicated #2.

When i travel from dedicated #2 to one of the dedicated #1 maps i will loose my character somehow... but traveling inside dedicated #1 maps works fine.

They all share the same cluster id and i made the cluster folder shared between all servers.

Does anyone have an idea how i can fix this?

I know the situation I experienced isn't quite the same as the one you are, however, it may be worth looking into. 

When I first had my server, it wasn't clustered so I had tribute downloads disabled. When I clustered the server the setting to allow tribute downloads in the .ini settings was still set to false and was something I had completely overlooked after setting up the cluster. I'd recommend checking the .ini files for the servers you were trying to transfer to and ensure tribute downloads are enabled. 

We ended up losing all the characters we tried to transfer and had to start new ones. No issues since!

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2019 at 11:20 AM, unr3al011 said:

We have 5 Maps on Dedicated #1 and 1 Map (Ragnarok) on Dedicated #2.

When i travel from dedicated #2 to one of the dedicated #1 maps i will loose my character somehow... but traveling inside dedicated #1 maps works fine.

They all share the same cluster id and i made the cluster folder shared between all servers.

Does anyone have an idea how i can fix this?

That sounds like a permissions issue, like the UserID that is running the server on dedicated#2 can't write a character into the cluster directory. Have you manually logged into dedicated#2 with the UserID that runs the dedicated server and verified that you can:

* change directory to the cluster folder

* write files to the cluster folder

* read files from the cluster folder

Archived