Anyone else enjoy solo but feel Small Tribes settings are too high?

YamiJustin

I must be crazy but I feel the official 'Small Tribe Server' settings are way too good. You harvest so much, tame so fast. Does anyone else prefer the slower speed of the official settings, even when playing solo or in a small group.

I dunno, I guess I just feel like when you level this fast you just skip past so many things.

Anyone remember back during 2015-2017 when the rates were half what they were now

I think the best approach is to join a mega tribe, but get permission to build scouting bases and camps. This has the advantage of both strength of numbers, and also the fun of solo play. That strength of numbers makes the game really fun by the way. But hey, people do need some time to themselves as well as something to work upon.

In regards to the rates, sadly a lot of people want to get to the good content and if they don't feel like they are making enough progress, they leave. It does not help that the attention spans of people these days are not good. I saw a paper published recently that shows that our devices are actually cutting our attention span down; and the impact on children is much more impactful, especially with their developing brains and education being impeded.

This is a good discussion topic imo.

I understand that everyone is busy, we all work, have busy lives. But I agree that people have no patience anymore. Can you imagine a modern audience reacting to 2001: A Space Odyssey? They'd be complaining 10 minutes in! 

I am strangely fond of the slower pace. It makes sense that it would take days or weeks to accomplish big feats. Your first smithy, your first boat, your first wood house, your first raptor, and rex. It feels like a big accomplishment.

I really wish I liked the higher rates, because they seem to appeal to a lot of people. But when you can tame a beaver in 40 minutes instead of the regular almost 3 hours because of the increased rates, it just feels cheap to me. The time limits always felt like natural barriers until you got kibble or had the ability to get mutton 

@Sphere

Well you didn't even read his actual post so why are you commenting? There are no mega tribes on small tribes, 6 person teams so your mega tribe remark does not belong. 

@YamiJustin

Well go play a different cluster then. Look just because you don't like something doesn't mean that it should catered to you. You can hit level 70 in a couple hours on a 2x weekend just by grabbing the notes and dossiers on the island on regular slow official servers. 

. . . Are you playing PvE or something? For PvP it is still to low due to the increase of aggressiveness when it comes to raids and tame killing. There are very few politics compared to other servers. People server hop and raid daily. If it was x1 with how fast you get wiped back down to 0 it probably wouldn't be worth playing on imo. 

12 hours ago, Sphere said:

I think the best approach is to join a mega tribe, but get permission to build scouting bases and camps. This has the advantage of both strength of numbers, and also the fun of solo play. That strength of numbers makes the game really fun by the way. But hey, people do need some time to themselves as well as something to work upon.

In regards to the rates, sadly a lot of people want to get to the good content and if they don't feel like they are making enough progress, they leave. It does not help that the attention spans of people these days are not good. I saw a paper published recently that shows that our devices are actually cutting our attention span down; and the impact on children is much more impactful, especially with their developing brains and education being impeded.

This is a good discussion topic imo.

Looks like you took the gm bait! New community recruit ! Gz

Archived