Unbalanced

Dwillpickle

OThis game is very unbalanced. Been playing since Beta days. Yet I still have not been able to do boss fights. Why? Because of toxic people and unbalanced game play. Tried regular and small tribe. Problem is when you put thousands of hours into turret capping and bullet capping, yet you home from work and everything you spent months on is gone. I get it it's PvP. But time and time again. Different style bases many locations. Yet this game lets you take a rock elemental and a daeodon and basically soak any amount of turrets. It's just dumb. I'm over this game. I'm over the community. Thanks for the lack luster customer service when I needed it. And last but not least. Thank you Ark players for showing how toxic, rude, and socially unacceptable most of you are. Sorry you had a bad child hood. But don't take it out on random strangers playing a GAME. Supposed to be fun. Would have been nice to see lots more in game communities of tribes rather than just mega tribes and small tribes trying not get wiped. Even small tribe is basically same way established tribes wipe everyone to maintain dominance. But in turn makes game play for other people miserable. 

Recruit more people into your tribe to cover all time zones. Make alliances so other tribes will come help defend when you are in danger.  Ark is a social and political game. 99 % of gripes like yours come from people who try to play it exclusively as farming simulator. How you manage your tribes relationship with other tribes is more important than how many stacks of turret ammo you have farmed.

It is also extra ironic that people who refuse to recruit, ally up, or play with other players in general. Are ones who complain about those who do as being anti-social. Do you know what makes megas strong ? It's the fact that they were able to get 50+ people, who all started as strangers on the internet, to work together as a community. That is a real tribe and how ARK is meant to be played. 

On 4/14/2019 at 8:53 AM, covenantgrunt said:

Recruit more people into your tribe to cover all time zones. Make alliances so other tribes will come help defend when you are in danger.  Ark is a social and political game. 99 % of gripes like yours come from people who try to play it exclusively as farming simulator. How you manage your tribes relationship with other tribes is more important than how many stacks of turret ammo you have farmed.

It is also extra ironic that people who refuse to recruit, ally up, or play with other players in general. Are ones who complain about those who do as being anti-social. Do you know what makes megas strong ? It's the fact that they were able to get 50+ people, who all started as strangers on the internet, to work together as a community. That is a real tribe and how ARK is meant to be played. 

That's quite the assumption "Thats how ARK is meant to be played." , while mega tribes are effective I highly doubt that the developers wanted one tribe to own a server and never allow anyone else to play. As that limits sales when that reputation spreads. 

8 hours ago, Rancor said:

That's quite the assumption "Thats how ARK is meant to be played." , while mega tribes are effective I highly doubt that the developers wanted one tribe to own a server and never allow anyone else to play. As that limits sales when that reputation spreads. 

do you play on on official PC ? because I can tell you that mega do not limit limit people from playing on their servers. Quite the opposite, they are highly protective of local bob population. There are some servers which are highly restricted for security reasons but those are exceptions. 

8 hours ago, Rancor said:

That's how a lot of Governments irl play now. If they can get away with it, rapid expansion as well. Not only that, borders and customs. In some ways, the game reflects real life.

It is hard for any development team to predict emergent game play from their playerbase. I also very much doubt this is how the devs saw their game playing out. Regardless of their lack of a crystal ball to view the future in, this is how they have managed their game over the last several years. So it may not have been sanctioned persay, but it certainly hasnt been addressed by Wildcard in a negative way. Thereby giving it atleast some legitimacy.

So if you go to the theater, and you end up sitting in front of a couple of loud mouths showing little respect for other movie goers, do you say the movie is crap? You had one particular experience that didn't sit well with you, but did you actually try PVE on a private server? Doing so, you would have had a much different experience. 

What's with all the people playing PVE then whining about having other people trashing their stuff and setting them back? It's PVE. Don't play PVE if you don't like that experience. It's not rocket science. 

I'm on Xbox and it's truly toxic. Every server on every map for 3 years. If it's not trolls or mega tribes its meshers and cheaters. Just aggravating that there is not just better balance with turrets and structures versus dinos and c4. You should really have to work harder to raid people I guess is my point. It would help lower level people and small tribes to have more of a chance to build so they can PvP more fairly and balanced

On 4/15/2019 at 5:32 PM, covenantgrunt said:

do you play on on official PC ? because I can tell you that mega do not limit limit people from playing on their servers. Quite the opposite, they are highly protective of local bob population. There are some servers which are highly restricted for security reasons but those are exceptions. 

I haven't seen that sort of behaviour since server transfers opened and everyone was working together to protect the server from transfer raids. All i see now is obliteration of anything on the map. Switched semi recently to small tribes and the destruction is ten fold! 

On 4/15/2019 at 5:35 PM, Sphere said:

That's how a lot of Governments irl play now. If they can get away with it, rapid expansion as well. Not only that, borders and customs. In some ways, the game reflects real life.

You're not wrong :/

I don't understand your gripes, when there is a game that's really hard and is un fun to play then play something different. Fallout 76 was advertised as a pvp experience, I found it to be incredibly dull so I just don't play it. Didn't go onto a forum to complain to the developers cause I just don't care. Was playing the new doom as well, but maybe I just suck with the controller but the found it to be too hard without a mouse "I play Ps4" so I stopped playing it. There is a plethora of games to keep your attention nowadays so maybe try something else.

@Dwillpickle

On 4/14/2019 at 10:59 AM, Dwillpickle said:

OThis game is very unbalanced. Been playing since Beta days. Yet I still have not been able to do boss fights. Why? Because of toxic people and unbalanced game play. Tried regular and small tribe. Problem is when you put thousands of hours into turret capping and bullet capping, yet you home from work and everything you spent months on is gone. I get it it's PvP. But time and time again. Different style bases many locations. Yet this game lets you take a rock elemental and a daeodon and basically soak any amount of turrets. It's just dumb. I'm over this game. I'm over the community. Thanks for the lack luster customer service when I needed it. And last but not least. Thank you Ark players for showing how toxic, rude, and socially unacceptable most of you are. Sorry you had a bad child hood. But don't take it out on random strangers playing a GAME. Supposed to be fun. Would have been nice to see lots more in game communities of tribes rather than just mega tribes and small tribes trying not get wiped. Even small tribe is basically same way established tribes wipe everyone to maintain dominance. But in turn makes game play for other people miserable. 

PvP is PvP and there's no avoiding how brutal it is. This has nothing to do with people having a "bad child hood" and everything with you not wanting to admit that ARK PvP is not really your thing. You can't make it less brutal just by wishful thinking.

If you really want to do boss fights then

a) play on one of the small clusters where mega tribes don't go and find a way to eventually join the alpha tribe.

b) Play PvE.

c) Find an unofficial cluster to play on, or start your own.

Archived