What can make a rex instantly disappear?

crossmr

ClassicPVP. Here is the scenario:

Tribe tries to raid me an hour before I logon, it didn't go well for them. They left some kind of raft parked near my base they were using to try and break in. I ate it with my rex. I park the rex in front of my dino gate as I always do (150 mutton tamed, a lot of levels, 12k hp). As I'm closing the door, I hear a "woosh" sound, that sounds like fire, and there is a reflection on the dino gate door. My base isn't huge, but it's covered in turrets. 20+ plant species x, half a dozen auto turrets with 400ish bullets each. I run to my ladder to get up on the roof, takes maybe 15 seconds. The rex is just gone. not dead, but gone. My base is in a little cove on the ragnorak map. Mountains surround most of it, so the rex can only run one way to leave if it was chasing something, and there is no way it could have left the cove by the time I got on the roof. There was also no stomp or shaking that you'd see when a rex moves. It just vanished. I jumped on my argent to have a quick look in the water to make sure it wasn't swimming somewhere and even got near the mountain wall and hit K to look in the mesh to make sure it didn't glitch in there. Nothing.

10 minutes later I get a notification that one of the members of the tribe that tried to raid me an hour earlier had  killed the rex. As far as i know there is nothing that can legit pick up or teleport a rex on classicpvp. I filed a ticket, but my current one over some toxic behaviour on that server from another tribe has been open 6 days without a response so I'm not hopeful that they'd get to this in a useful amount of time.

Any ideas on what they could have done to get rid of this rex?

While I was sending the report, they were magically in my base and I was tranq'd up. Of course the players have box names, but at least the tribe name wasn't.

3 minutes ago, Rancor said:

If it wasn't killed then it either wandered off or as in classic ark.... fell beneath the mesh. 

Read again, it wasn't killed immediately. It was killed by the tribe that tried to raid me an hour earlier, 10 minutes after it disappeared. But it instantly disappeared. It wasn't possible to wander off, because there was no noise of it moving and given where I was it'd have to walk in the opposite direction directly into the water to leave that area, it couldn't have gotten anywhere fast because it would have been swimming and it was nowhere to be seen on my argent moments after it disappeared.

10 hours ago, Rancor said:

So was it Killed or Not killed? O.o They probably shot it and lured it away from the direction you were looking and killed it. When they harvest the body it disappears and you can't find it. 

Again: It was killed, 10 minutes after it disappeared. They couldn't lure it in a direction I wasn't looking because my base was in a cove. There is only 1 way out. It would probably take at least 15-20 seconds to reach the water at a dead run and from that point it'd have to start swimming. That ignores the fact that there was no stomping noise or camera shake which is associated with a rex moving.

9 hours ago, Sphere said:

I would say the server was interacting with it and them, but the packets failed to reach you, so the dino just vanished. It can happen. Not quite sure if anti-speed hack is a participant or not. But I would say that the dinosaur didn't simply vanish for them, but only to you because of networking.

If that's the case then it is a serious flaw with the game. I've never seen a dino just disappear like that in like 1400 hours. I really don't see it though, you have some discrepancy between yourself and where the server thinks you are because of a dino tail and it snaps you back. I can't see it completely dropping only that dino for me for so long.

9 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Players can whip passive dino to where it's safe to kill it or even tuso maybe can grab an dragging away

He wasn't passive, and it was right beside multiple auto turrets and plant x. they couldn't get close enough to whip it without getting shot and none of the turrets shot. I heard a kind of woosh sound just as the door was closing, so I couldn't see whatever it was they were doing, and by the time I got on the roof a few seconds later, nothing was out there, no rex, no enemies, nada. They weren't close enough to do something in melee range because they would have gotten shot. With the woosh sound and what looked like the light from fire being reflected in the closing metal door, could it have been a flamethrower? I know they had a flamethrower when they suddenly raided about 20 minutes after that. Since the rex and base were right beside the wall of the mountain, if they meshed into the wall and used a flamethrower on the rex, could it have screwed up the pathfinding and done something odd? If they had jumped down or something to flamethrower him directly they would have been shredded, but if they were in the mesh they could have hit him from there without being targeted.

18 minutes ago, crossmr said:

He wasn't passive, and it was right beside multiple auto turrets and plant x. they couldn't get close enough to whip it without getting shot and none of the turrets shot. I heard a kind of woosh sound just as the door was closing, so I couldn't see whatever it was they were doing, and by the time I got on the roof a few seconds later, nothing was out there, no rex, no enemies, nada. They weren't close enough to do something in melee range because they would have gotten shot. With the woosh sound and what looked like the light from fire being reflected in the closing metal door, could it have been a flamethrower? I know they had a flamethrower when they suddenly raided about 20 minutes after that. Since the rex and base were right beside the wall of the mountain, if they meshed into the wall and used a flamethrower on the rex, could it have screwed up the pathfinding and done something odd? If they had jumped down or something to flamethrower him directly they would have been shredded, but if they were in the mesh they could have hit him from there without being targeted.

Tusoteuthis, giant squid, can grab and carry rex.  You said your in a cove, coves have water.  How far are you above ocean level?  Is it possible they undermeshed a squid and grabed the rex from below?  It would make a woosh sound, turrets would ignore it, no stomping noise, would make it disappear and be able to be killed later.

6 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Tusoteuthis, giant squid, can grab and carry rex.  You said your in a cove, coves have water.  How far are you above ocean level?  Is it possible they undermeshed a squid and grabed the rex from below?  It would make a woosh sound, turrets would ignore it, no stomping noise, would make it disappear and be able to be killed later.

Can it grab another tribe's tames? Yes there is water below the mesh. It's not directly below the mesh. if you push K there and zoom out and look around, there is water below the ground. I'm not sure on the distance. I'd have to go into single player and check exactly. I filed a report..but it'll probably be at least 6-7 more days before they get to it based on the last ticket I filed, that one took 10 days

1 hour ago, crossmr said:

Can it grab another tribe's tames? Yes there is water below the mesh. It's not directly below the mesh. if you push K there and zoom out and look around, there is water below the ground. I'm not sure on the distance. I'd have to go into single player and check exactly. I filed a report..but it'll probably be at least 6-7 more days before they get to it based on the last ticket I filed, that one took 10 days

You said it was pvp, in pvp grabbing is enabled.  Yes tames can be grabed.  Tuso also have long reach able to grab and strike at the tips of their tentacles it not slightly more.  If theres not at least 8, thats probably still very well inside their range, walls between the ground and water it could do it

13 hours ago, crossmr said:

Ya quite possible they could of hidden beside the rex an flamethrowered or arrived on a rock drake an flamethrower it from the mount 

21 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Meshing might also explain their 'magical' entry into his base afterward as well?

On 4/14/2019 at 9:36 AM, crossmr said:

ClassicPVP. Here is the scenario:

Tribe tries to raid me an hour before I logon, it didn't go well for them. They left some kind of raft parked near my base they were using to try and break in. I ate it with my rex. I park the rex in front of my dino gate as I always do (150 mutton tamed, a lot of levels, 12k hp). As I'm closing the door, I hear a "woosh" sound, that sounds like fire, and there is a reflection on the dino gate door. My base isn't huge, but it's covered in turrets. 20+ plant species x, half a dozen auto turrets with 400ish bullets each. I run to my ladder to get up on the roof, takes maybe 15 seconds. The rex is just gone. not dead, but gone. My base is in a little cove on the ragnorak map. Mountains surround most of it, so the rex can only run one way to leave if it was chasing something, and there is no way it could have left the cove by the time I got on the roof. There was also no stomp or shaking that you'd see when a rex moves. It just vanished. I jumped on my argent to have a quick look in the water to make sure it wasn't swimming somewhere and even got near the mountain wall and hit K to look in the mesh to make sure it didn't glitch in there. Nothing.

10 minutes later I get a notification that one of the members of the tribe that tried to raid me an hour earlier had  killed the rex. As far as i know there is nothing that can legit pick up or teleport a rex on classicpvp. I filed a ticket, but my current one over some toxic behaviour on that server from another tribe has been open 6 days without a response so I'm not hopeful that they'd get to this in a useful amount of time.

Any ideas on what they could have done to get rid of this rex?

While I was sending the report, they were magically in my base and I was tranq'd up. Of course the players have box names, but at least the tribe name wasn't.

Lag

Archived