The Homo Erectus challenge

butthead

Admittedly, I have been wanting to play as an early human on Ark and as a result I ended up role-playing as a Homo Erectus.
I removed many engrams except for the few primitive ones to simulate the daily struggle for survival with nothing but wooden sticks, a fire and thatch shelters. I have also reduced the XP multiplier setting to 0.25 to make mundane achievements more rewarding.  

This thread is all about sharing the role-playing idea so other people can take on the Homo Erectus challenge! Are you up for it? With limited engrams available, can you climb your way to the top of the food chain?

:::YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO USE THE FOLLOWING ENGRAMS:::
Level 1= Stone Pick, Torch
Level 2= Campfire, Stone Hatchet, Spear
Level 4= Hide Sleeping Bag, Thatch Foundation, Thatch Doorframe, Thatch Ceiling, Thatch Wall
Level 5= Sloped Thatch Wall Left, Sloped Thatch Wall Right, Sloped Thatch Roof
Level 7= Simple Bed, Standing Torch
Level 8= Wooden Club
Level 9= Bola
Level 13= Wooden Spike Wall
Level 16= Rope Ladder, Wooden Raft

XP MULTIPLIER SETTING= 0.1 to 0.5

There isn't enough sufficient evidence that archery was used when Homo Erectus lived, although if they did have bows and arrows they would have decomposed pretty fast so its possible that Homo Erectus did invent archery multiple times and only remained as a small-scale technology.

You can have bows and arrows if you'd like, is what I'm saying.

Bow and arrow were a strictly H. Sapiens invention. Even Neanderthals did not have them. So it would be grossly inaccurate to make the engrams available in H. Erectus roleplay.

Thanks for correcting me mate XD I do tend to speculate sometimes and come to incorrect conclusions.

Not even a bow and arrows? Thats a bit lacking.

Bow and arrows are not allowed in this challenge! 

Most self imposed rulesets have a common endgame goal: Get to bosses / industrial tier / good blueprint stage without (for eg. No fliers, only mammals, etc) 

Obviously there's none of that here.. would you do a set goal or ?

I suppose it would be a good idea to change settings other than XP multiplier to make the game harder, otherwise I cannot think of any goal in particular other than personal goals like killing and taming large dinosaurs, building a fleet of rafts etc.

Archived