ARK Mobile Griffin Taming Question

Fenriselvish

Okay, I made an account JUST to ask this
So I want to tame a Griffin on Mobile, but I cannot FOR THE LIFE OF ME figure out how in the hell I'm supposed to be able to tame a Griffin after the update.
I know you need Griffin Kibble, but that's the problem. I have no Griffins to begin with, so how am I supposed to tame one without having Griffin Kibble, since you can only obtain a Griffin Egg from breeding 2 Griffins??!!
Is there other food choices I could use that won't be as effective but still work?

Edit: If it matters to whomever replies, I'm respected by said Griffins.

6 hours ago, JB1980 said:

On MP you can trade stuff wiith other players, but once you don’t know you are probably on SP.

Remember Griffins are end game tames, so it’s not easy. 
Normally I refer to the Wiki for al info, but there it doesnt say you can use Allo Kibble...

I’ m level 88 now and working towards a Griffin tame... 

Ah okay. Thank you! Yeah I make sure to check the wiki for info about Griffins (and everything), but never saw anything about Allo Kibble. So thanks, to you and the other person! And yehp, you are correct, I use SP.

4 hours ago, Ios1o5 said:

Don’t forget to bring a smoothing balm and lots of allo kibbles! You might tame a high level griffin. Smoothing balm is a must here. Otherwise it will take forever to tame one. 

I managed to tame a level 9 griffin with a smoothing balm and 10 allo kibbles.

A level 9 isn’t worth it in my opinion. And love your profile pic.

On 4/13/2019 at 11:27 PM, Fenriselvish said:

Okay, I made an account JUST to ask this
So I want to tame a Griffin on Mobile, but I cannot FOR THE LIFE OF ME figure out how in the hell I'm supposed to be able to tame a Griffin after the update.
I know you need Griffin Kibble, but that's the problem. I have no Griffins to begin with, so how am I supposed to tame one without having Griffin Kibble, since you can only obtain a Griffin Egg from breeding 2 Griffins??!!
Is there other food choices I could use that won't be as effective but still work?

Edit: If it matters to whomever replies, I'm respected by said Griffins.

The best way is to tame a pair of the lowest level griffins you can find using Allo kibble and soothing. Then use them for eggs to tame higher level griffins as you level up. On official, female griffins take around a week to cool down, so it takes about 3 weeks to get enough eggs to tame a level 150 griff using just one pair. It's best to start on that task early.

And if you have amber to spare, using carnivore pheromone to make super fertilized eggs is definitely worth it with royal griffins.

Good luck!

14 hours ago, TheHarlequin77 said:

The best way is to tame a pair of the lowest level griffins you can find using Allo kibble and soothing. Then use them for eggs to tame higher level griffins as you level up. On official, female griffins take around a week to cool down, so it takes about 3 weeks to get enough eggs to tame a level 150 griff using just one pair. It's best to start on that task early.

And if you have amber to spare, using carnivore pheromone to make super fertilized eggs is definitely worth it with royal griffins.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info and luck!!

14 hours ago, Ios1o5 said:

Back then I was around level 87 so higher level griffins didn’t respect me. Also,I play in easy difficulty.

Thanks for the compliment. I felt like I needed a derpy-ish profile pic :)

A level 9 easy would be a level 45 in medium, which is what I play. I would still wait to get a level 23, which is a 115 for me. That is the lowest level thing I am willing to tame, no matter how good it would be.

11 hours ago, NoahTheGoat666 said:

A level 9 easy would be a level 45 in medium, which is what I play. I would still wait to get a level 23, which is a 115 for me. That is the lowest level thing I am willing to tame, no matter how good it would be.

Yes but like I’ve said before,I was around level 87 so higher levels didn’t respect me. Thankfully I’m around lvl 97 now so the limit should’ve been lifted. I’ll try to tame a high level(25+) soon.

Also,I don’t use griffin much. I mostly prefer a pteranodon for speed at the cost of weight or an argy for somewhere in between. I only use griffin to tame some hard creatures such as a quetzal.

14 hours ago, Ios1o5 said:

Yes but like I’ve said before,I was around level 87 so higher levels didn’t respect me. Thankfully I’m around lvl 97 now so the limit should’ve been lifted. I’ll try to tame a high level(25+) soon.

Also,I don’t use griffin much. I mostly prefer a pteranodon for speed at the cost of weight or an argy for somewhere in between. I only use griffin to tame some hard creatures such as a quetzal.

I only like griffin bc with ascendant creature and god console it can get across the map in seconds

I tamed a level 290 griffin using a soothing balm and 5 griffin kibbles I had saved up over a while.  It was definitely worth it.  Level your stamina to around 1200 and you can just about cross the map without landing.  I love it, and use it to reset my bases instead of using fast travel.  It also makes a great scout for finding titans.  A couple of benefits that you may not know.  1.  You can use them for water scouting.  Set on follow, dismount and jump into water.  They fly low enough and you can mount them while in the water pretty easily.  Their stamina also resets when you remount.  2.  Checking and refilling turrets.  Set on follow and dismount while hovering next to turret.  Fill turrets with bullets or fertilizer.  

Archived