Dino starved within a few hours, whilst next to a trough of food.

Askianna

No bag, and yes it was always on turret mode. I checked it's inventory just before I logged off, because I used it as a "dump box" to offload my wyvern when I get back to base. When it was empty it was full health, full food etc. I didn't get a red death message (### was killed) in the log as usual either, just grey "Tek Parasaur starved to death".

You guys are confusing me. Baby? Tek trough? Baby does not eat from trough... no wonder it starved :-)

If dino starves, was it a baby? Juvi? Adult? Were you in render? Did you log?

I have never had an adult dino starve that was not my own fault. I have had many babies starve, even with food on them... when I left render or logged. That is a well known issue. Adults starving though? If that is the case, you need to provide more information regarding the situation.

On 4/14/2019 at 3:29 PM, JSacra said:

You guys are confusing me. Baby? Tek trough? Baby does not eat from trough... no wonder it starved :-)

If dino starves, was it a baby? Juvi? Adult? Were you in render? Did you log?

I have never had an adult dino starve that was not my own fault. I have had many babies starve, even with food on them... when I left render or logged. That is a well known issue. Adults starving though? If that is the case, you need to provide more information regarding the situation.

Calling something baby doesn't mean it can't eat from trough, just a term to say it's not fully grown. Maybe they meant juvenile or adolescent. In my case the parasaur was full grown and only 5 dinos were in range of the trough that eat berries. I have a seperate trough for meat.

On 4/14/2019 at 10:43 AM, Pellao said:

Most likely, someone stayed in range to starve the parasaur, they must've either had a lot of time or afk'd to drain the food.

And that parasaur was set to wild creatures only. It's mate that didn't starve was set to players and tamed, and stood next to it.

I wish I could provide more information but the only thing is; adult tek parasaur with a full Tek trough starved for no reason whilst I was offline and tribe was in ORP.

Archived