Help taming a 145 Giga

YamiJustin

I'm on a newer unofficial server with not a lot of peeps on. There's a 145 giga in the northeast plains. Is it possible to tame solo? I've trapped 1 in a behemoth metal gate once before, but the worrying part is gathering mutton beforehand while maintaining torpor. I really wanna snag this so no one else does. I don't have the kibble and I'm level 56

2 hours ago, YamiJustin said:

I'm on a newer unofficial server with not a lot of peeps on. There's a 145 giga in the northeast plains. Is it possible to tame solo? I've trapped 1 in a behemoth metal gate once before, but the worrying part is gathering mutton beforehand while maintaining torpor. I really wanna snag this so no one else does. I don't have the kibble and I'm level 56

You can trap it in normal metal dino gates unless its on a hill (itll walk over the lower ones) 

Northeast plains? Rag?  If so lots of good places to trap gigas, carry a disposable tame in claws of a flier. (A stam pumped ptera will even do holding a wild or tamed dodo) fish it infront giga and fly away itll chase you (mostly) you can have a premade trap set up 3x dino gates in a sorta triangle. Drop dodo inside, (have bed near IN RENDER incase) then run and place the gate behind. If you need to - sacrifice your flier to do so.

Do you have a better than prim crossbow? Bring stuff to repair (or many xbows) and a few hundred arrows. Bring the wild sheep if you cant bring a tamed one and trap it near ur bed to wait till giga starves. The hard part is going to be fighting its' torpor tryung to knock it out. Make sure you have a few thousand narc berries when it goes out

21 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

Am i the only one who tamed a 150 basilo? Seems like nobody uses biotoxin. My whale is 260something and the toxin literally overweighs it.

Filthy berry plebs

Haven't tamed a high level giga before? You use narcoberries because the torpor comes back slowly. You drain the giga near awake then forcefeed 1000-2000 berries

:S

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Haven't tamed a high level giga before? You use narcoberries because the torpor comes back slowly. You drain the giga near awake then forcefeed 1000-2000 berries

:S

Ohh yeah i forgot about that. I usually have so much toxin and i just drown tames in boatloads of it. 

And i tamed one 150 female, it had astronomical melee and health. I thought i hit the largest ARK lottery possible. Then after it was tamed it had 14k health and 300% melee. After i found out the stats were severely reduced after taming, i had my tribe killed it with combined lighting wyvern blasts lol

I had Rexes with better stats, yes they were near maxed but gigas are supposed to be the ultimate one-hitter, especially as a 150 mutton tame.

Never touched a giga again lol

On Ragnarok north east plains you can place metal gateways at two ends of the crevasse, then use a wyvern to carry a trike over the Gigas head. The Giga will chase the trike as you fly over the edge of the crevasse, and it will fall right into the crevasse and be trapped. Then just KO with narc arrows. We do this all the time.

For some reason, Gigas love trikes and the expression they make when you fly over with one is like a dog fixating on a meaty bone. I've led Gigas out of the desert and half way across the map using a trike carried by wyvern.

you want the Giga to starve a bit before you begin taming anyways. There's plenty of time to get prime meat after the KO.

1 hour ago, MackTheKnife said:

Ohh yeah i forgot about that. I usually have so much toxin and i just drown tames in boatloads of it. 

And i tamed one 150 female, it had astronomical melee and health. I thought i hit the largest ARK lottery possible. Then after it was tamed it had 14k health and 300% melee. After i found out the stats were severely reduced after taming, i had my tribe killed it with combined lighting wyvern blasts lol

I had Rexes with better stats, yes they were near maxed but gigas are supposed to be the ultimate one-hitter, especially as a 150 mutton tame.

Never touched a giga again lol

Thats not a bad giga, decent melee and avg. Hp. The 300 melee giga (leveled to 425/450 melee) is still hitting 1500-1800 per bite (tamed - no imprint) where a bred imprinted rex at 900 melee leveled hits 600~ 

That 14k 300 giga imprinted would come out to roughly 33k hp 350 melee FYI, gigas work differently with their bonus (because wild nerf)

38 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

On Ragnarok north east plains you can place metal gateways at two ends of the crevasse, then use a wyvern to carry a trike over the Gigas head. The Giga will chase the trike as you fly over the edge of the crevasse, and it will fall right into the crevasse and be trapped. Then just KO with narc arrows. We do this all the time.

For some reason, Gigas love trikes and the expression they make when you fly over with one is like a dog fixating on a meaty bone. I've led Gigas out of the desert and half way across the map using a trike carried by wyvern.

you want the Giga to starve a bit before you begin taming anyways. There's plenty of time to get prime meat after the KO.

Ahhh yes I wasnt sure if he meant Rag. This spot is ezmode for taming Gigas. You can do it low level with a lot of xbows and arrows. @YamiJustin all you need is maximum 4 dino gates. 

Archived