Base WIPED with all dinos for having more than 100 light pets!!!

Guest EnergyDrink

Guest BubbaCrawfish

The worst part is, that they were using cryopods anyway so that guys comment is nulled by that simple fact.

The tribe logs show that these guys were active, and were managing their tames, no holes in the story at all.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator

I guess they are enforcing the following change they made to the CoC two weeks ago:

On 4/1/2019 at 10:15 PM, StudioWildcard said:

Code of Conduct Changes!

The Enforcement Team are back again with another important notice regarding the Code of Conduct. We'd like to make Official Players aware of the following revisions:

PvE Specific Griefing

Modifications

Old: Intentionally filling the server tame limit via spamming tames and/or rafts

New: Intentionally filling the server tame limit via spamming tames (such as Dodo, Jerboa, or easy to 'tame and maintain' dinos) and/or rafts

You can find the Code of Conduct here to keep up to date!

Although it is hard to have an impartial opinion considering we only have one side of the story... if the claims made here that both servers referenced were never capped are true, I'm not sure how someone can be found guilty of purposely capping a server that is not and never been capped. This doesn't really make sense to me, to be honest. I'm sure they had good reasons to make that change but, if a server is not constantly capped then I'm not sure how someone breeding dodos or light pets can be considered griefing and preventing others from playing. So yeah, as mentioned you guys will know more about the situations and the specific reasons behind the taken actions by submitting support tickets.

recenlty on our server a tribe got wiped for even less, dont understand this. it is plain stupid even for 60  (event )dodos breeding  (server is not even at cap) to get wiped from all your stuff without a warning.  Breeding lines, bp's dust, dinos wiped because someone probablywas thinking it was funny to report i wonder then why should that player even continue playing. 

So could ppl get wiped for having 100 anky's, rexes, wyverns because someone reported them?

used to be 250 tame cap pre-legacy/legacy, we still have that on private, the change to 500 is moot since the kibble rework now. changing it back would solve a lot. Also for reference, Wildcard did the same thing to legacy people, paid into it, beta testing everything, got locked out of mainline servers, then lost CS and slowly squeezed to death in shutdown after shutdown. So, no real surprise here, just the same incompetent decision making and impulse reactions to fit the "ideal" playing style of so many various groups/tribes into their "model" and the response? "submit a ticket". you think maybe the REASON people don't is mainly due to the non-responsive team that runs it?

18 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Enforcement actions are not to be discussed publicly on the forums and you can contact GMs by submitting a Support Ticket

Not publicly discussing unfair enforcement is like binding all legal action to arbitration clauses. Eg: A really poopty deal for the consumer and should be illegal.

Seems like you shot yourself in the foot. Maybe learn to kill the dodos that you no longer care for, my guess would be they were clearing all tribes in a mass wipe. Oh look 250 dodos here oh and look there 300 jeboras and just over the hill there is 180 shinehorns, well let's wipe all these cheaters at once. Now if you are cheating or not, having 250 dodos standing around  sure makes it look like it. 

@EnergyDrink

The biggest issue I have with this is the lack of communication from the devs. All they had to do was inform people on the main menu that they have made changes to the CoC to encourage people to check them out. Instead what they have done is set a precedent that they simply don’t care if people are informed or not and/or assume people keep up to date on the latest changes to CoC on their own back.

If however you were aware of the change then that’s on you.

I think the least thing they can do is to warn before wiping. For example me have alot of easy tamed female argys etc. Only chance to have many mutations is to have many. And not only breed argys so have almost tribe limit. Seems I have to stop breeding some dinos ? one player on server was banned yesterday so not so funny, they should lower tribe limit instead...

Now that on our sever since weeks the average number of players is 5 !!!!
and there is no tame cap for months that actually arrive and delete one of the oldest tribe on the server because of a few dodos ..... and exactly what to do ???
Now that most servers have less than 10 players, they start off .... that's so ridiculous you've gotten through laggs, bugs, rollbacks ... and then
the great dev team comes around to delate last players  from the server ..... that's so  unbelievably !!!! And then the dodos are already year in their glass boxes and 80% were mutated colors
that has nothing to do with fast taming. What are they doing now is a house flood with water which burned out already 1 year is. I'm still completely shocked what was done without even thinking ...Ark is over for us thanks to wildcard  After 5 years they finally made it 

We do not know anything about such a new rule. Nobody of us regularly looks into the forum ,for what even if everything is ok? and why does this rule come now? where nobody really needs them anymore.

and what can I have and what not to not get wiped???? why is there a tame limit of 500 if you already deleted at 200 ??? What are the rules ?? Where are we supposed to know???And why they deletad all absolutly all......

We killed hundreds of rexes, I would have known that I would let them and packed the few dodos

Guest EnergyDrink

Ye we had a lot of light pets... but with no warning or any message or even a simple email.. they just came and deleted 1year of our taming/breeding/building/harvesting/collecting in a second... and still no reply from them...

The answer for this is simple.

Official servers cost WC money while private rented servers make WC money via licensing with the host.

Killing characters, slow support, wiping tribe for enjoying little tames, turning a blind eye to meshing and real abuses... all those things decreases the number of people costing them money by playing on official and increases the number of people playing on and renting servers that generate a steady monthly income for WC. So you end up with policy decisions around official servers focusing on financials first and game play second. Especially at this stage in Ark's life cycle where revenue from new sales isn't close to what it used to be.

Its fun to complain about, but when you get down to it, this is just good business. It's how I'd do it.

On 4/13/2019 at 5:23 PM, invincibleqc said:

New: Intentionally filling the server tame limit via spamming tames (such as Dodo, Jerboa, or easy to 'tame and maintain' dinos) and/or rafts

The problem with a code of conduct written this way, is that there needs to be proof of 'intention' to tame cap the server.

With this rule you can do whatever you want to delete any you want and lay out the delete rules as you want.

why is anything deleted where 5 people are playing what's up? wanna get rid of players and have a reason to shut down the servers ??
Why was nothing deleted when tamecap was on the servers ???
So many questions and no answers ....

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:07 PM, OtterlyRidiculous said:

Your story doesnt add up. you logged on today to find your base wiped for dodo spaming even tho you cryoed everything exept the dodos and some dinos you needed. you also stated in the title that your tribe was deleted after 1.5 years but mention 1 other server and then say "5 years ark the first we see something of the devs".

Im just going to take a stab in the dark and say that what actually happened and you told us what happened isnt the fullstory 

Its near exactly the same Story here.

In my case the reason are 60 Dodos.

My tribe got deleted before 2 days too because of "spamming tames to cap a Server".

The funny thing (not for me ...) is, that i just breeded out eggs and after check for mutas/Colors i killed all and hold back only 3 of them.

The parents of this eggs are there since months, just from time to time changed with "new stat parents", just like all breedlines in all tribes i think.

My questions are:

Why so stupid ways for Information about this rule change? First time i see it was now here in this Topic.

Why no warning before?

Why GM seems dont check tribelog, where he can see, that i killed most of them?

Why is a Slot for a Dodo, Jerboa and so on different then a Slot for Argy, Allo etc.?

How much Dodos can i have? (dont find anything about a number i can have as breedline)

Count different "small dinos" together? (means, if i have 10 dilos, 10 ovis, 10 jerboas ... i will wiped again?)

Which sense makes a Tribe Limit, if u get killed because "u have the false Dinos"?

Where is the list of "false dinos"?

And finally: When the rule will be changed, for getting the "medium dinos"-Player? :D

tribelog.thumb.jpg.6e249784c8f07798d26660f2f1f65eca.jpg

Good question. 

Or better yet list of server(s) that are completely safe from IRS-gestapo-moderation? 

I doubt the dev(s) have anything to do with server moderation.  The devs (development team) would be working with code not moderating servers.  Devs don't have time to moderate.  Moderators are probably volunteer free unpaid employees.

Also would like to see an exact number of small animals and boats.  Vague rules cause confusion and disorder.  "Intentionally filling the server tame limit via spamming tames (such as Dodo, Jerboa, or easy to ‘tame and maintain’ dinos) and/or rafts" is unclear as to what is expected.  Exact numbers of each dino allow plz.

Or, just lower the overall dino cap on multiplayer and end problem.  No more wasting moderator's time that could be spent on important stuff.

The cryopods are to restrictive.  They have timers and pets are starving to death.  If they are the answer to server over pop they need to be easier.  That would be a devs job.  Devs can lower the server cap and fix cryopods.  

We do have more than one dev working on this game, right?  We have a TEAM of devs right?

Archived