Jump to content

Guest EnergyDrink

Base WIPED with all dinos for having more than 100 light pets!!!

Recommended Posts

On 4/13/2019 at 4:02 AM, EnergyDrink said:

Our Main base got WIPED with all dinos/blueprints/base because of "Your tribe was wiped for spamming tames to cap a server. This is against Code of Conduct. Ark Enforcement Team"

Why have this been done to use?

We lost 50+ our own grown event drakes, all the colored Featherlights, SHinehorns, Glowtails and bulbods and MANY other dinos.. also a huge base...

Me and my GF played there together since last year summer..and we are not some people who tries to "cap a server"..

We didnt even have 500/500... we were close like 490/500 or something like that....

 

Anyone has any contacts were i could contact directly, and get this sorted..

 

Still close enough to tribe tame cap to wipe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SaayaLaLa said:

Still close enough to tribe tame cap to wipe.

The thing is that if you have a tribe cap of 500, then you are allowed 500, period. Being close to 500 is irrelevant. If you are wiped for being close to 500, then the tribe cap should be reduced to what is considered okay. This would be like getting a citation for speeding for driving 95 in a 100 zone. Moreover, you should not be found guilty of purposely capping a server if said server is not even capped. You simply cannot be guilty of something that never happened. Simple concept. This is like going to the store to buy milk, and getting arrested then charged for robbing that store just because you were wearing the same pink outfit that someone else was wearing to rob it in the past. Let's be real, OP got wiped for having too many creatures that "are easy to tame animals and can and are often used to tame cap a server" on a non-capped server. Just because someone else used said creatures to cap a server, doesn't mean it was OP intents. Based on the information that was shared in this thread, assuming everything said is the truth, then I personally believe the taken action was rushed and unjustified.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 hours ago, Klakky said:

They can give imprints back but sadly random stats... But u might get lucky

How exactly do they give the imprints back, because you can't do that with your own servers, so how do you expect to have the actual profile tag so the bonus WORKS?

And what is the use of having 'random stats' when you've been breeding SPECIFIC stats FOR A REASON....

 

Honestly, I think you are commenting for the sake of commenting, and actually have no idea what you are even talking about...

Edited by BubbaCrawfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

There exists an admin command to give imprinting % back.

 

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

That's how spawning dinos works. RNG.

Neither of these fixes the PROFILE that the imprinting is ATTACHED to, so NONE of what is being talked about EFFECTS THE PERSON WHO HAD THE DINOS...


You can SET THE IMPRINT QUALITY but the BUFF won't do ANYTHING for you because your AREN'T THE IMPRINTER..........


Do you even breed dinos or know how this imprinting works?

 

Just in case you aren't aware.....

Imprinting is a way to improve the stat-values of a bred creature. It involves different actions of caring during the maturation process.

Only one player can imprint a newborn baby. If this player manages to care for it during the maturing phase, the creature will get stats bonuses and an additional bonus of up to 30% in each damage and resistance when this very player rides it.

Edited by BubbaCrawfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

You can SET THE IMPRINT QUALITY but the BUFF won't do ANYTHING for you because your AREN'T THE IMPRINTER..........

There is the command SetImprintedPlayer. So for creatures that have an imprint but missing their corresponding player (lost character file) the imprint can be replaced to new character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

There is the command SetImprintedPlayer. So for creatures that have an imprint but missing their corresponding player (lost character file) the imprint can be replaced to new character.

Must've been added recently... But the larger issue is that the dino will be a random stat, not what was actually worked for in the breeding process.

 

The entire issue is that it's NOT what was WORKED for, and that NONE of this, should've even happened in the first instance.

 

Think about this for a while... I have 10 rexes which pop out GAURANTEED stats, I also have bred equus that also pop out the same situation. They are all the same, so bar a mutation, they won't change stat at all.

These 'respawned dinos' will have random stats, and will have a major 'outlier' issue in breeding. The randomness of their stats will cause variations in what stats come out from their progeny.

Edited by BubbaCrawfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Must've been added recently... But the larger issue is that the dino will be a random stat, not what was actually worked for in the breeding process.

 

The entire issue is that it's NOT what was WORKED for, and that NONE of this, should've even happened in the first instance.

Well unless WC spins up a backup server save on a separate clustered box, then manually moves the effected creatures to the live server, there is no way to recover the original creatures. This solution would require locking the servers from players for a while. Plus it's unlikely only 1 person/tribe was effected. So how many exceptions do they make?

 

Has WC formally apologized or attempted wrong doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest BubbaCrawfish

Pretty sure you are just trolling or haven't been reading the thread at all or something... We've all mentioned about these scenarios, and how many are affected... There are more than one tribe affected, there is no easy way of transferring those creatures over.

WC haven't admitted to anything as nothing has been responded to other than a moderator saying it's not discussed on the forums publicly. There is no response to the tickets that adequately covers the idea that the players work has been ruined by a certain person, or persons who have pushed this point.

The entire non-communication is what the problem is. They didn't check, and they didn't communicate before taking the action, which has led to this whole situation.

This is why the thread is here.

The communication and thinking, is the issue... The tribe logs show the tribe was actively controlling what it had in tames, and there was no limit being encroached... This needed to be looked at, which unfortunately they don't seem like they will due to the inactivity on the thread in the first place.

The dismissive ideals of some USERS on this forum, making out that it's wrong to even question this, are simply detached because they haven't had it happen to them, so they actually don't care, and by proxy, shouldn't even be posting.

 

As for that command, how did you even find that? I even searched for what you posted and because it had a hidden space it didn't actually register anything, but by the looks of it that command was literally ninja-added 6-7 months back. It's not in any of the patchnotes, and it's likely unknown to a major amount of people.

It all comes down to those bred stats, which you admit aren't going to be fixed by the imprint alone as the stats really are a lot to do with it, but what is even more to do with it, is the sense of achievement which comes from doing this, and to have things 'replaced' with those that aren't what they had, makes that all a waste...


It's like you have a car that you worked on for 10 years, cleaning up and working on, to have someone steal it, and write it off into an accident setting it on fire, and you getting a replacement car, with all those mods added... It's not going to hold the same value to you sentimentally... You can't expect to have that same thing not happen in this scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

As for that command, how did you even find that?

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Console_Commands

 

I gave a legitimate method for WC to rectify this situation but it would take a ridiculous amount of time. And then have never done anything like it before. Unofficial servers admins have done things like this.

1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

The entire non-communication is what the problem is

This has been a problem since the beginning.

Since WC has made no statement on this matter, its unlikely the effected tribes will get back what they lost. Just being realistic. The best that could be hoped for is that these GM actions are not repeated in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Console_Commands

 

I gave a legitimate method for WC to rectify this situation but it would take a ridiculous amount of time. And then have never done anything like it before. Unofficial servers admins have done things like this.

This has been a problem since the beginning.

Since WC has made no statement on this matter, its unlikely the effected tribes will get back what they lost. Just being realistic. The best that could be hoped for is that these GM actions are not repeated in the future.

 

Linking the console commands wiki isn't explaining how you found the command.

Your 'legitimate method' isn't really feasible, as to do that, they'd have to run a second copy of the server _IF_ they still have a stored rollback of the world (Which is likely ONLY what the game does natively) and would require them to upload the animals to the terminal, of which there are limits as to how many fit in there and seeing as there's likely 200 tames to upload, that wouldn't be a solution at all.

 

It also doesn't address the base being wiped.

 

What you're also signing off with, is half of what the thread is aiming to do, not that those who got wiped would care at all, as their work got ruined.

 

Seriously, everything you're saying is already in the thread... You should try reading it.

 

 

Just to be clear, it's HIGHLY UNLIKELY that Wildcard store backups... The only thing that would come close are the 15 minute duplicate saves held in case of rollbacks.

Any reference to the downloadable saves, is merely a server shutting down so they hand out the saves for people to use (Wrongly named 'backups' in their labeling)

Edited by BubbaCrawfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

I looked through the list of commands. 

Like you do that every day right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Your 'legitimate method' isn't really feasible, as to do that, they'd have to run a second copy of the server _IF_ they still have a stored rollback of the world (Which is likely ONLY what the game does natively) and would require them to upload the animals to the terminal, of which there are limits as to how many fit in there and seeing as there's likely 200 tames to upload, that wouldn't be a solution at all.

You don't need do to that to restore a specific creature. All the tools needed are already available. You can spawn a creature with specific stats using SpawnSetupDino, set their colors using SetTargetDinoColor, restore their imprinter and imprint quality using SetImprintedPlayer and SetImprintQuality. I believe their policies to cap the level and give random stats using the game balancing to restored creatures is to prevent abuse.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

You don't need do to that to restore a specific creature. All the tools needed are already available. You can spawn a creature with specific stats using SpawnSetupDino, set their colors using SetTargetDinoColor, restore their imprinter and imprint quality using SetImprintedPlayer and SetImprintQuality. I believe their policies to cap the level and give random stats using the game balancing to restored creatures is to prevent abuse.

But how would they know exactly what those stats were?

How can this account for the idea of their work being ruined? The spawned dinos will have no 'sentimental' basis, nor will it have any 'accomplishment' to it, as none of it was what they did....

 

This is the entire point... They RUINED someones game... And really there is no way of getting it back, when it shouldn't have even happened in the first place.

 

 

And all of this, doesn't address the BASE being wiped.... Building and planning takes a lot of time and effort.

 

Really, the focus on one thing, and a possible fix, is detracting from the point that their tames, their breeding, their base and everything that was lost (items and all) via this 'They can get their tames back shhheeeeeesssshhhhh' scenario...

Edited by BubbaCrawfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

The thing is that if you have a tribe cap of 500, then you are allowed 500, period. Being close to 500 is irrelevant. If you are wiped for being close to 500, then the tribe cap should be reduced to what is considered okay. This would be like getting a citation for speeding for driving 95 in a 100 zone. Moreover, you should not be found guilty of purposely capping a server if said server is not even capped. You simply cannot be guilty of something that never happened. Simple concept. This is like going to the store to buy milk, and getting arrested then charged for robbing that store just because you were wearing the same pink outfit that someone else was wearing to rob it in the past. Let's be real, OP got wiped for having too many creatures that "are easy to tame animals and can and are often used to tame cap a server" on a non-capped server. Just because someone else used said creatures to cap a server, doesn't mean it was OP intents. Based on the information that was shared in this thread, assuming everything said is the truth, then I personally believe the taken action was rushed and unjustified.

I agree it was rash and they should have said "cryo them or get rid of them." But come on who needs 50+ lightpets? Or dodos for that matter? Some dinos are more useful to defend bases/offend against other tribes. But let pets? They are light bulbs ppl!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, SaayaLaLa said:

I agree it was rash and they should have said "cryo them or get rid of them." But come on who needs 50+ lightpets? Or dodos for that matter? Some dinos are more useful to defend bases/offend against other tribes. But let pets? They are light bulbs ppl!

Because when you breed them you can increase their stats in whichever way you want to... By mutation, or by breeding out the bad stats to go for the better ones you want.

Stats in one instance on a light pet is the light radius, along side the charge regen, and charge capacity.... All of these make their usage a lot better.

 

So in short, they aren't just light pets, they have a function.

 

Also, as one of the OPs mentioned, their wife was breeding dodos for colors... There are many different ways of playing this game, and by having this action 'validated' by 'it's just XXX dino' is naive, and straight up dismissive.

 

Would you not be offended if I came into your server and told you, that you couldn't play the game the way you are, because my perception of your method of playing the game, is just stupid, then forced you to comply?

Edited by BubbaCrawfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Because when you breed them you can increase their stats in whichever way you want to... By mutation, or by breeding out the bad stats to go for the better ones you want.

Stats in one instance on a light pet is the light radius, along side the charge regen, and charge capacity.... All of these make their usage a lot better.

 

So in short, they aren't just light pets, they have a function.

 

Also, as one of the OPs mentioned, their wife was breeding dodos for colors... There are many different ways of playing this game, and by having this action 'validated' by 'it's just XXX dino' is naive, and straight up dismissive.

Its not naive its realistic. Use SmartBreeder for stats: select the best cryo the rest. For color? Dodos... Ok Maybe she likes dodos no problem but pick a few cryo the rest. Set a color scheme she wants to go for SmartBreeder also has a function for that I believe.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, SaayaLaLa said:

Its not naive its realistic. Use SmartBreeder for stats: select the best cryo the rest. For color? Dodos... Ok Maybe she likes dodos no problem but pick a few cryo the rest. Set a color scheme she wants to go for SmartBreeder also has a function for that I believe.

First off, it is naive and it's also dismissive...

They were cryoing their main pets if you didn't read the thread.

They were no where near the tribe limit for tames, the server was not capped.

You're picking up on the color like it's the only thing that was being bred for. Stats are accumulative and mutations mount up.



As I said, do you think it would be appropriate for me to tell you, that the way you play the game, and how you find the game enjoyable wasn't right? And how do you deem 'too many' as there wasn't even that many by the idea of it.

Also, how do you make a kibble farm in this instance? If you were aiming to use dodo kibble for your troughs to keep your dinos fed, it's not as if you want just one stack, you want many to keep those dinos all catered for.


And what's the difference between having 50-100 spinos, or rexes, compared to 50-100 dodos?



So many comebacks to your simplistic comment...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

First off, it is naive and it's also dismissive...

They were cryoing their main pets if you didn't read the thread.

They were no where near the tribe limit for tames, the server was not capped.

You're picking up on the color like it's the only thing that was being bred for. Stats are accumulative and mutations mount up.



As I said, do you think it would be appropriate for me to tell you, that the way you play the game, and how you find the game enjoyable wasn't right? And how do you deem 'too many' as there wasn't even that many by the idea of it.

Also, how do you make a kibble farm in this instance? If you were aiming to use dodo kibble for your troughs to keep your dinos fed, it's not as if you want just one stack, you want many to keep those dinos all catered for.


And what's the difference between having 50-100 spinos, or rexes, compared to 50-100 dodos?



So many comebacks to your simplistic comment...

1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

 

Difference between Rexs' and dodos... I wouldn't take a dodo to a boss fight would you? And dodo's are super easy to tame. What you and many others are not getting are that they are trying_TRYING_ to prevent tame cap again. An you forgot my part of the previous quote that mentioned stats. So no I'm not telling you how to play the game and your not going to tell me, BUT, it is the game they made and they can adjust the rules as they see fit in order to prevent the stagnant kibble farms from coming back.

By the way, some kibble farms were to much and eggs de-spawned because a lot of players were to bored with picking up eggs. My suggestion is that if you are going for a certain kibble have 10 of each of those critters out (while no different then having 50 dodos) will prevent the devs from thinking you are trying to cap the server with super easy tames. Get some dilos, they can be used as turrets, get some vultures to eat your rotten meat - breed them for cave runs but choose wisely for stats and/or color, how bout some lystrosaurus' - they have an added function for passive leveling your dinos when you pet them (however they are hard to see the eggs).

So you can have as many simplistic and basic comebacks as you like but my answer reminds they same and here its even more simplistic for you: VARIETY! Go ahead I know your gonna have something to say.

Edited by SaayaLaLa
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, SaayaLaLa said:

An you forgot my part of the previous quote that mentioned stats.

Your recommendation to use Smartbreeder is totally beside the point... Either you intentionally miss the point, or you simply don't understand why you breed dinos.

 

You can't just get a few top level dinos, breed them together and expect to get the top dinos first go... If you've achieved this, then let us know how you master this, as it's almost impossible that you have.

 

That's why your stats comment wasn't taken seriously, as it's either that you don't understand the mechanic, or you aren't actually being serious.

 

And this "So you can have as many simplistic and basic combacks as you like but my answer reminds they same and here its even more simplistic for you: VARIETY!" has me perplexed... 

Are you actually suggesting that all they had were lightpets and dodos? Maybe go back and read the thread, their cryopods specifically show they had a 370+ level rex, or 5 in there... 'VaRIeTy!'

Edited by BubbaCrawfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SaayaLaLa said:

I agree it was rash and they should have said "cryo them or get rid of them." But come on who needs 50+ lightpets? Or dodos for that matter? Some dinos are more useful to defend bases/offend against other tribes. But let pets? They are light bulbs ppl!

If I breeded lightpets I would need at least 50+ if you aiming for mutations it takes forever with a few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Must've been added recently... But the larger issue is that the dino will be a random stat, not what was actually worked for in the breeding process.

 

The entire issue is that it's NOT what was WORKED for, and that NONE of this, should've even happened in the first instance.

 

Think about this for a while... I have 10 rexes which pop out GAURANTEED stats, I also have bred equus that also pop out the same situation. They are all the same, so bar a mutation, they won't change stat at all.

These 'respawned dinos' will have random stats, and will have a major 'outlier' issue in breeding. The randomness of their stats will cause variations in what stats come out from their progeny.

I simply said that you don't need to run a previous save on a different server in order to restore a replica of a certain creature, that's it. Please don't assume my position on the situation.

1 hour ago, SaayaLaLa said:

Its not naive its realistic. Use SmartBreeder for stats: select the best cryo the rest. For color? Dodos... Ok Maybe she likes dodos no problem but pick a few cryo the rest. Set a color scheme she wants to go for SmartBreeder also has a function for that I believe.

How could they possibly cryo their dinos when they are on Aberration? Let's just assume they purchased a specific DLC and have access to that feature? What if they didn't? You cannot invite players to use a feature that is part of a DLC as a generic solution for all maps. You need a lot of creatures for the same reasons you see tribes with hundreds of females of certain species (Rexes, and Gigas just to name the most popular) you need the same amount to increase your chance of mutating and that regardless of the specie. If you like Dodos, or Light Pets, in a sandbox game, then you should be allowed to enjoy them. I agree with the rule itself, not the way it is enforced. When it is obvious that you are purposely capping a server, then action should be taken accordingly. This is obvious:

B38EDFE37EFC3897C20776AE96A529B71CB40CAD

This is obvious too:

1002D9015FC839218D5E595453D189FD3B555719

This is not:

On 4/13/2019 at 8:56 AM, EnergyDrink said:


unknown.png?width=896&height=504

You can clearly see that they are sorted by colors, were probably on mating cooldown, and were most likely all bred and high levels, etc. Clear indications that this was a breeding project, and not just some sort of plan to keep a server capped and prevent other players from playing. Anyways, the main point of this entire situation that highly disturb me here is: the server wasn't capped. You simply can't be guilty of capping a server if it isn't. There is prevention, and there is making a mistake and I think we are witnessing the later here. Either way, I think the best is to make suggestions and discuss ideas in order to improve and prevent such situations from happening again in the future:

  • Display the CoC in-game. Most players are not aware of the rules that are not common sense. With millions of copies sold and only 318k registered users on the forums (where a good portion are bots and alts, heh) it is fair to assume that the majority of the players never ever heard of these rules.
  • Unless it is very obvious, give players the benefit of the doubt and give them warnings and deadline for tribes to take actions and rectify the situations on their own before wiping all their progress. I'm sure if OP was contacted, and was asked to reduce the amount of light pets he had he would have done so. Wiping all progress including dinos, items, structures, etc. without giving chance to players to work it out is unfair in my opinion.
  • If a GM leave you a note in your tribe log, then you should get a notice whenever you connect to that server. Most players, including myself, rarely ever check their logs. And even when I do, all the logs killing babies for mutations are sure to bury that notice.
  • Although I believe the capping issue has been mainly resolved with the cryopods and the kibbles rework, if somehow this is still an actual issue on some PvE servers, then the next steps forward would be to find a solution for mass breeding. If we evaluate the current need of having a lot of creatures, the main thing comes to: breeding. What about some sort of Tek Breeding Machine that allow you to upload the DNA of a single male, the DNA of multiple females, some empty frozen embryo pods that would get filled with a baby that you could throw and raise at your convenience? I'm sure something like that would reduce the tames across all PvE servers by at least 50% and would probably improve the terrible lags they are currently suffering. Once something like that is introduced, reduce tame limit and possibly server limit as this is clear they cannot endure 10,500 creatures.
  • If players are not allowed to have more than x of certain specie, then make that limitation in the game itself. This would not only give more time to the enforcement team to deal with other issues but this would also make it crystal clear to the players.

Anyways, here was some of my ideas that could potentially prevent such situations moving forward.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

I simply said that you don't need to run a previous save on a different server in order to restore a replica of a certain creature, that's it. Please don't assume my position on the situation.

Yet again, those dinos will not be of the same stats as the dinos that they had, nor will they be of the lines, nor the sentimental attachment of those dinos. It's not an equivalence... This also doesn't cover the base itself, or the items they had...

 

The ONLY ACTUAL way to get the dinos back would be to run a separate save to get those actual dinos out, which judging by the level of work, and numbers involved, it'd be a difficult time to even get any admins to actually undertake this. Doesn't again, cover the base, and that is a serious problem.

 

Unless anyone has experience with exporting and importing via ark-tools, there's a serious lack of feature in this...

 

The entire debacle that this is, should be highlighted to staff, and Jen and co SHOULD be here commenting, as this is important, as it's an entire crapshow of a situation, which should've been taken seriously in the first instance...

 

Unfortunately though, the thread that says who to contact, lists everyone important as having their PMs off, which is quite a dead-end for contact methods...

 

Along with the non-response of tagging in the same light.

Edited by BubbaCrawfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...