Fanart Friday 1!

Jen

Welcome to the very first edition of Fanart Friday!

We'll be regularly showcasing some of the incredible fanart and creations from the community in this new weekly series. We are separating it out from the Community Crunch, which will be more specific to talking about news and important announcements surrounding ARK.

You can view the artwork in a short video format on our social media accounts along-side this post, which servers get a closer look at these works of AR(K)!

Want to see your video, art, screenshot, etc, featured here? Tweet it at us and use #FanARKFriday and you could be here next week!

Violet - Battle Call

large.xcheekypj---Battle-Call.jpg

Sitharias - TIE Fighter Advanced Concept Build

large.Sitharias---build.jpg

Mateaperic51 - A vicious yutyrannus

large.mateaperic51---yuty.jpg

Jaime Gago - Giga

large.jaimegago---giga.jpg

hikigane - White Carno Repaint

large.hikigane.jpg

eco - Primordial Tundra Saddle Prototype

large.eco---mammoth-saddle.jpg

Djaymas - Hatzeg Dossier

large.Djaymas---Hatzeg.jpg

Demonistra---Mana

large.Demonistra---Mana.jpg

Blue Dragon - Baryonyx

large.Blue-Dragon---Bary.jpg

BulbblyLeaf - Managarmr

large.Managarmr.jpg

View full article

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MIsterMayhem said:

Would have been super awesome to have something about the upcoming Easter event. 

Did you even read the post? This thread is a new series specifically for fan art that’s now separate from the community crunches which they themselves will now only contain Ark news and information.

• Facepalm 3

On 4/10/2019 at 11:16 AM, Xylom said:

Oh no I read you're first post. But go ahead and try to make something as complex as this game and when you do, let's see it. I played ark roughly around when it started. Having to deal with the boring island map. I left around schorched earth because my friends decided they wanted to do something else, as well as the host for a dedicated server decided to be a sausage and give his Xbox to his wife already knowing how much hours we spent on it. I get your frustrations, but all in all, well, this sounds like a you problem. 

So find a different game if you're so hurt over this one.

So that's my 'pithy' response.

2 hours ago, MIsterMayhem said:

Oh I certain did buddy, and every other community crunch always some lazy poop. They haven’t improved anything, they have added things, but improve? Hardly. If they were improving they wouldn’t be getting as much hate in their direction would they? The support team is a joke. On par with a private Minecraft’s server that’s owned by a 6yo child. They need to sell some skins or dlcs and make some money to hire a support staff that isn’t a joke. Ticket times have always been a joke to veteran players, we laugh and joke about how when people talk about reporting everyone just lols and says oh well hopefully your playing in 6-12 months when they respond to your ticket with a copy paste message saying oh your out of luck basically. 

Isn't that what their improving on, yet they have so many tickets built up? 

7 hours ago, MIsterMayhem said:

Oh I certain did buddy, and every other community crunch always some lazy poop. They haven’t improved anything, they have added things, but improve? Hardly. If they were improving they wouldn’t be getting as much hate in their direction would they? The support team is a joke. On par with a private Minecraft’s server that’s owned by a 6yo child. They need to sell some skins or dlcs and make some money to hire a support staff that isn’t a joke. Ticket times have always been a joke to veteran players, we laugh and joke about how when people talk about reporting everyone just lols and says oh well hopefully your playing in 6-12 months when they respond to your ticket with a copy paste message saying oh your out of luck basically. 

You clearly haven’t read anything because this isn’t a community crunch. As the title and topic reads, it’s specifically about fan art. Maybe improve on your reading comprehension?

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, dodogal said:

Not sure what is the point of this when the game still has so many bugs to fix.

Instead of spending so much time checking artworks, can't Jen check bug reports or something?

As the Community Manager posting content engaging with the community is precisely what she should be doing. 

On 4/12/2019 at 11:43 PM, SaltyMonkey said:

Did you even read the post? This thread is a new series specifically for fan art that’s now separate from the community crunches which they themselves will now only contain Ark news and information.

Did you even read the post you were responding to? The person said it would be super awesome to get some information about the Easter event. It would be super awesome.

Yeah, this post says they are now going to separate information from these art posts, but that’s kind of the problem for people that want more information and aren’t coming here just to look at artwork. The point is that people already feel like a lot is going unaddressed or that not enough details and information is being given, and now they’re saying they are going to do posts entirely devoid of information. Anybody can read what they said but it won’t change the fact a lot of people would like to have more information and it would be “super awesome” to get it. 

Thanks for trolling any poster that expresses a desire for something other than what they are getting, though. You’re doing a great job.

• Facepalm 1