Tame limit mechanics are so bull poop and needs some change

mackyish3r3

Unfreakingbelievable! I made some plans this weekend to hatch some giga eggs on Pvx oasis server. It’s been at tame limit and I just discover that the eggs will never hatch because the timer freezes. At least be smart and make it so that the incubate timer can still countdown but won’t actually hatch when the server is at tame cap. 

6F248134-3AD3-4A6C-A109-23CD4898CABA.jpeg

I do expect tame limits to still be an issue even after 2.0, though it will help! Chronicling will requre dungeon runs and amber to revive, the number of people using this will more limited than most seem to think as result.

Just gotta wait it out and be more stubborn than the others on the server. Folks will get annoyed (like you are) and stop playing or transfer off then you will have more room.

6 minutes ago, Kens2cool said:

I do expect tame limits to still be an issue even after 2.0, though it will help! Chronicling will requre dungeon runs and amber to revive, the number of people using this will more limited than most seem to think as result.

Just gotta wait it out and be more stubborn than the others on the server. Folks will get annoyed (like you are) and stop playing or transfer off then you will have more room.

It’s only two amber to revive. And I think that dungeon runs wont be as hard as other people think they will be.

1 hour ago, Rawkzor said:

I see the server limit is 2000, but how are some of these tribes getting 100-200 tames for their tribes? Every PvE or PvX server I play on has had at least one tribe with over 200 tames, and several with 100+. 

A tribe can have 10 players maximum. If all those players have a primal pass,the tame limit will be 180. 

These players most likely are alphas and they’ve tamed those when the tame limit was low.

20 hours ago, Kens2cool said:

I agree, not everyone will use it or be able to use it. But hopefully, it'll help.

20 hours ago, NoahTheGoat666 said:

It’s only two amber to revive. And I think that dungeon runs wont be as hard as other people think they will be.

I doubt that amber will be as much of a problem as element. I don't know how much element we will be getting from a dungeon run or how much it will take to chronicle a creature, but even one element to chronicle an animal will add up, especially for lower level players or smaller tribes who may have trouble running the dungeons and defeating the bosses.

If they give us several hundred element per dungeon run, stronger players/tribes could probably benefit from giving weaker ones element for chronicling, but that would probably open the door to beggars using it for crafting instead.

We will have to wait and see how it works. I know I will be chronicling over 75 tames that my tribe wants to keep but we never or rarely use. Chronicling is WarDrum's answer to servers being maxed out, so hopefully they have balanced the cost of using it to where it can function effectively in that capacity.

I'm just excited because it'll allow me to hunt, tame, and chronicle top level creatures that I don't really need. I can simply store them for later breeding or trading, and it'll give me a way to work with the more obscure creatures in the game.

On 4/16/2019 at 4:22 AM, Ios1o5 said:

A tribe can have 10 players maximum. If all those players have a primal pass,the tame limit will be 180. 

These players most likely are alphas and they’ve tamed those when the tame limit was low.

On PvX servers, the tribe limit is 6.  I am on Prime, a  PvX hard server,  and we just about stay at max tame limit.  It really is getting frustrating.  Being able to store your dinos will not help the server limit.

Archived