Griefing

DaveTheDodo

I would rather grab someones dropped loot I stumble across while Im geared up to handle what killed them & then give it back should they ask, then let the timer tick down to decay while they rush back, maybe naked, to deal with whatever threat previously killed them while they were possibly better prepared. I consider that helping. I do the same thing when I see a base decay timer tick down & loot spills out of it. Make a note of what tribe, throw it in a box with a label, & let it simmer until I know for sure they wont be back. 

I play pve like its a neighborhood & look out for my neighbors. I will salvage though, if the persons doesnt respond to global when I mention I have there loot, or the tribe never comes back its better used than wasted.

If playing in a community with randoms bother you, I suggest either playing on a private server with friends or play offline, inviting friends into your personal Ark when you want some MP & want to host. Offline is nice in its own way....no constant timers starving your dinos while you are away, no base decay, admin commands if you feel "cheated" by something...it can be far less frustrating (but also, lonely, I guess)

When playing pve, reach out in chat. Great way to get involved in your Arks community & make friends.

On 4/12/2019 at 7:33 PM, d1nk said:

What d bag behaviour? He died and lost his bag, someone grabbed it. I personally dont see an issue with it. I wouldnt do it to someone because im pretty friendly ingame but I also wouldnt care too much if someone took my bag, part of the game.

Not like they killed him or lured on him causing him to lose it.

o.O

I didn’t loose my bag I knew where is was I watched him take it...

On 4/13/2019 at 5:15 AM, OtterlyRidiculous said:

Did you ask nicely if you could have your stuff back or did you come straight here to complain about the injustice that had been do to you?

in all seriousness now death by troodons sucks alot, getting your gear swiped outta of a death bag sucks alot but both are not griefing and losing 100 tranqs and some flak isnt a thing that should prompt you to complain about it on official forums. Just take a break and do something else as something this small shouldnt cause this type of response.

It’s not that it’s just it’s happened a lot of times and I followed the guy and talked to him in game and (politely) asked for my stuff back I tried to stay calm and I did but he was just being rude about it and pretended like he didn’t even do anything

1 hour ago, DaveTheDodo said:

I didn’t loose my bag I knew where is was I watched him take it...

1 hour ago, DaveTheDodo said:

It’s not that it’s just it’s happened a lot of times and I followed the guy and talked to him in game and (politely) asked for my stuff back I tried to stay calm and I did but he was just being rude about it and pretended like he didn’t even do anything

Then yeah.. he was being a dbag about it

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:07 AM, MackTheKnife said:

Man this game is starting to get on my last nerves, it seems like everything is allowed on multiplayer whether it’s pvP or E. 

I can understand pvp being completely free for all but pve is supposed to be the safe haven where all of that Dbag behavior isn’t allowed. Not like it matters because these are the worst developers i have ever seen in my 10 years of MMOs

I’d go to single player but then that defeats the purpose. I hate loneliness 

Maybe you should petition the devs for a communist edition where everyone is the same and there is "rules" to make sure no one gets ahead.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:20 AM, DaveTheDodo said:

This just recently happened and there was nothing I could have done. So I play on PVE servers because I don’t like other people interfering with my builds and tames I don’t like people stealing my stuff. So I was out exploring on this pve server and I end up didn’t to a troodon right before I made it to my body I saw someone just take everything that I had on me. I was in a PVE server and they were not in my tribe. I lost over 100 tranq arrows a full metal set a lot of loot and stuff this is just really annoying. 

This is legitimate and normal gameplay. There is nothing in the PVE rules against it that I can see. Don't carry valuables on you if you can't afford to lose them.

4 hours ago, DaveTheDodo said:

dude you did that for all of 100 tranqs and some primitive flak. DILO, just play single player until you get the hang of the game and learn that that 100 tranqs  and prim flak is nothing to be that freaking upset over.

Ive dedicated some loot bags to the community when I DC while flying; that automatic dismount (& plummet to the ground) stinks when you DC in flight...but I realize the alternative is everyone with a ptera logging off while on there birds high in the sky. Anyway, when that happens my biggest concern is just relocating my tame. If my loots still there & hasnt timed out/decayed or been taking,, then double bonus. 

Theres been times when Ive reached out to the community Im playing in too & gotten the "finders keepers" response. It sucks for you when it happens but its just part of the game. You can either take it personal & let it negatively color your mood, or you can get back to the game knowing thats just sometimes how it has to be & is a penality for getting yourself killed or having the bad luck to get a DC.

There are unofficial servers with settings allowing for no death penaity were you keep your stuff. I dont care for them myself because I like a little risk & penality in my gaming. Nothing wrong with wanting to avoid that if its not your thing though. Its your leisure time, try to have fun with it.

I do agree you need to pull your boots up and get back to business which I am sure you have. I have been dragged out of my base before and drowned for my gear which was a full ascended set of ghilli and at the time it was a big loss, now I have vaults full of that level gear so it does get better. They should remove that chance for another player to steal your gear in those instances as it causes the behavior above. I don't think it should be bannable since they are playing within the confines of the code of conduct its Wild Cards fault for not eliminating a mechanic that makes you appealing to the less scrupulous bunch that play the game. However chances are good you wouldn't get back to your body in time as well so never run around with more than you are willing to lose. I play the game nude most of the time unless in a harsh environment, in a cave, or boss run. I really hate Troodons almost as much as Ichthyornis.

12 hours ago, OtterlyRidiculous said:

dude you did that for all of 100 tranqs and some primitive flak. DILO, just play single player until you get the hang of the game and learn that that 100 tranqs  and prim flak is nothing to be that freaking upset over.

It’s not that I’m just upset but I knew people would want to know what I lost so I just added it and what’s primitive flak I was talking about swords crossbow stuff like that 

14 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Maybe you should petition the devs for a communist edition where everyone is the same and there is "rules" to make sure no one gets ahead.

Well like I said its PVE, there is no getting ahead anymore because you're not supposed to be fighting. But my argument is invalid now because last night I looted a few cryopods from this level 105. It felt so fun! 

But after he asked who took it I gave them back :P 

I wouldn't sweat it.  Ark will take more from you than any player can loot off your dead body.  For example, a tribemate goes out on a mana I raised and fully imprinted to go pick up 2 transmitter.  He must have clicked jump one too many times while it was lagged out and his mana just disappeared w/ all the tek he had gotten from the trade. 

Ark will gank you.

Curious side question: Ive never been in a tribe war....but does the war have to be agreed upon by both parties? Thats my impression, & perhaps its a wrong one. If thats the case, Im not sure why they exist other than for roleplay or fun? Its not like its PVP where if you do nothing, you lose. An avoidable fight with another player or tribe (for me, atleast) equates to no fight at all. Atleast as far as Ark PVE goes. I may be missing something obvious but as a player who tends to play solo or in small tribes, I dont get why tribe war in PVE is a thing

21 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

Well like I said its PVE, there is no getting ahead anymore because you're not supposed to be fighting.

Even on a private PVE server with no tribal wars going on, you can still do something... we recently dragged an unconscious guy out of his base and put him in a metal cage on a raft far off shore. When he next logged in and started complaining, we C4'd the heck out of the raft. Though nothing we could do directly, like C4, could kill him... the long swim to shore almost certainly would.. and did. 

PVE on a private server gives you the best chance of being able to progress in peace, and makes that very likely even... but it doesn't guarantee it. 

Archived