Griefing

DaveTheDodo

This just recently happened and there was nothing I could have done. So I play on PVE servers because I don’t like other people interfering with my builds and tames I don’t like people stealing my stuff. So I was out exploring on this pve server and I end up didn’t to a troodon right before I made it to my body I saw someone just take everything that I had on me. I was in a PVE server and they were not in my tribe. I lost over 100 tranq arrows a full metal set a lot of loot and stuff this is just really annoying. 

1 hour ago, DaveTheDodo said:

This just recently happened and there was nothing I could have done. So I play on PVE servers because I don’t like other people interfering with my builds and tames I don’t like people stealing my stuff. So I was out exploring on this pve server and I end up didn’t to a troodon right before I made it to my body I saw someone just take everything that I had on me. I was in a PVE server and they were not in my tribe. I lost over 100 tranq arrows a full metal set a lot of loot and stuff this is just really annoying. 

Thats not griefing

as far as i read on the rules, this is allowed

PvE Specific Griefing

> Game Blocking - you are not allowed to block other tribes from playing the game on PvE servers. This can include but is not limited to:

• Building at their base

• Blocking in other tribes dinos

• Blocking access in/out of a tribes base

• Obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying another tribe access

• Blocking access to important resources (ie. charge nodes, gas nodes, Extinction City Terminals, etc)

• Intentionally filling the server tame limit via spamming tames (such as Dodo, Jerboa, or easy to ‘tame and maintain’ dinos) and/or rafts

• Leaving tames inside of caves or on obelisk teleportation platforms

> Structure Spamming - placing structures down such as pipes or wires for the purpose of disrupting others gameplay is against our code of conduct.

> Intentionally using wild creatures to destroy a player's assets when not in a tribe war.

GM intervention may be necessary if your structure or creature is negatively impacting a server (ie. you block off a large portion of the map so that other members of that server cannot access it).

taken directly from code of conduct

3 minutes ago, Techsupport said:

as far as i read on the rules, this is allowed

PvE Specific Griefing

> Game Blocking - you are not allowed to block other tribes from playing the game on PvE servers. This can include but is not limited to:

• Building at their base

• Blocking in other tribes dinos

• Blocking access in/out of a tribes base

• Obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying another tribe access

• Blocking access to important resources (ie. charge nodes, gas nodes, Extinction City Terminals, etc)

• Intentionally filling the server tame limit via spamming tames (such as Dodo, Jerboa, or easy to ‘tame and maintain’ dinos) and/or rafts

• Leaving tames inside of caves or on obelisk teleportation platforms

> Structure Spamming - placing structures down such as pipes or wires for the purpose of disrupting others gameplay is against our code of conduct.

> Intentionally using wild creatures to destroy a player's assets when not in a tribe war.

GM intervention may be necessary if your structure or creature is negatively impacting a server (ie. you block off a large portion of the map so that other members of that server cannot access it).

taken directly from code of conduct

So they are completely aloud to just steal everything I worked hard for?

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

You essentially dropped it for them. 

Man this game is starting to get on my last nerves, it seems like everything is allowed on multiplayer whether it’s pvP or E. 

I can understand pvp being completely free for all but pve is supposed to be the safe haven where all of that Dbag behavior isn’t allowed. Not like it matters because these are the worst developers i have ever seen in my 10 years of MMOs

I’d go to single player but then that defeats the purpose. I hate loneliness 

36 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

Man this game is starting to get on my last nerves, it seems like everything is allowed on multiplayer whether it’s pvP or E. 

I can understand pvp being completely free for all but pve is supposed to be the safe haven where all of that Dbag behavior isn’t allowed. Not like it matters because these are the worst developers i have ever seen in my 10 years of MMOs

I have seen way worse. At least Wildcard don't offer pay to win stuff other than DLCs (Not counting mobile microtransaction) unlike most other games.

53 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

What d bag behaviour? He died and lost his bag, someone grabbed it. I personally dont see an issue with it. I wouldnt do it to someone because im pretty friendly ingame but I also wouldnt care too much if someone took my bag, part of the game.

Not like they killed him or lured on him causing him to lose it.

o.O

6 hours ago, d1nk said:

What d bag behaviour? He died and lost his bag, someone grabbed it. I personally dont see an issue with it. I wouldnt do it to someone because im pretty friendly ingame but I also wouldnt care too much if someone took my bag, part of the game.

Not like they killed him or lured on him causing him to lose it.

o.O

Idk, i remember runescape allowed you to loot other players "graves" but it actually put a timer on it so no one could touch your crap for a certain amount of time.  As the timer ticked the grave would deteriorate and it was possible for someone else to actually upkeep the grave til you got to it.  I baby sat a few graves and the person always showed up to get their gear.  I think this method, minus the upkeep ability possibly, would be a rather good addition and solve our op's problem.  Obviously this timer would be turned off on pvp.

1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

Idk, i remember runescape allowed you to loot other players "graves" but it actually put a timer on it so no one could touch your crap for a certain amount of time.  As the timer ticked the grave would deteriorate and it was possible for someone else to actually upkeep the grave til you got to it.  I baby sat a few graves and the person always showed up to get their gear.  I think this method, minus the upkeep ability possibly, would be a rather good addition and solve our op's problem.  Obviously this timer would be turned off on pvp.

Was this new runescape? I only played in Beta and for a few years and again just before it switched from 2d to 3d then quit.

Back in beta you could PK everywhere except in towns haha. I had a few 'pures' before (exclusivley level prayer and 2h) and I remember getting gear from killing people. Was a thing to kill the full rune crafter guys in the wildy and duel other pures. 

Did you ask nicely if you could have your stuff back or did you come straight here to complain about the injustice that had been do to you?

in all seriousness now death by troodons sucks alot, getting your gear swiped outta of a death bag sucks alot but both are not griefing and losing 100 tranqs and some flak isnt a thing that should prompt you to complain about it on official forums. Just take a break and do something else as something this small shouldnt cause this type of response.

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Was this new runescape? I only played in Beta and for a few years and again just before it switched from 2d to 3d then quit.

Back in beta you could PK everywhere except in towns haha. I had a few 'pures' before (exclusivley level prayer and 2h) and I remember getting gear from killing people. Was a thing to kill the full rune crafter guys in the wildy and duel other pures. 

It was 2009 and 2010.  Player killing was allowed in the wilds still but nowhere else.  Dragon armor took over as best and then some special ogre/magic armor after that.  Best a fre player could get was rune then

13 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

There's more "dbags" on pve just that they're "hidden/hidding" some are open about it

But dont mistake dbags with regular players, if u die your loot is just like a beacon, 1st cum first surf.

Just honor the code of the beacon and u good

17 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

You can also join a private PVE server. I play on a private PVE server with a single active tribe. It's fantastic. No one messing with your business, and yet you can enlist some help from tribe mates from time to time. The server settings are also whatever we choose.  

1 hour ago, DeHammer said:

You can also join a private PVE server. I play on a private PVE server with a single active tribe. It's fantastic. No one messing with your business, and yet you can enlist some help from tribe mates from time to time. The server settings are also whatever we choose.  

Unofficial is dead on Xbox, only populated servers with more than 10 people are the ones that are insanely boosted. 

54 minutes ago, MIsterMayhem said:

Honestly this post was stupid lol. Even if you died with 300podded tames on your body and someone found them they get to keep that stuff. They are in no way obligated to give it back. Granted it’s a sausage move and people in server will likely retaliate against such a move. 

Yeah they kinda are obligated because it’s not their stuff and it’s not pvp, this isn’t allowed on pvE servers and i don’t know why people think it is. All of the “gaining advantage” crap goes out the window because the objective of PVE isn’t to fight anyone. Pvp is completely free for all and they should go there, otherwise it’s cheating. Not like that word holds any weight anymore because i’ve been meshed so many times by pvpers who couldn’t legit raid me.

What if i was at an obelisk with 100 pod tames, disconnected, and a pack of 10 troodons killed me? And yes it’s happened to me before. So some trolling bob gets to take my months worth of tames because of that? Even with the lawlessness of PVP that’s not really something you can control 

Wait, i think i remembered reading you can’t even open someone else’s pods on pvE because some skrub on here actually made a topic asking how to open them ?

5 hours ago, Klakky said:

1st cum first surf.

What the actual hell? You can’t use a meaningless curse word but you can say cum? Cum Laude or whatever that Latin crap is

On 4/12/2019 at 9:50 PM, DaveTheDodo said:

such things happen to everyone

16 hours ago, powertrip9000 said:

its a survival game.......... u didnt survive. Someone being "mean" to you? handle it yourself or pay someone *ingame items* to handle it for you. Otherwise keep trying to play the victim card and see where that gets you. no wheres. sorry hard truth.

It’s not survival if you disconnect from a server and die that way

Archived