theory This may be where extinction is

fatbutterimp

So ive been wondering where the hellscape known as extinction could take place in. we know that it couldve possibly been the testing site for the arks to save humanity and maybe the final fronier. but we are never given the name of the city, the former country that it is in or even a continent. but i got thinking and analyzing.

ive hit one big barrier in the research which is getting a general click of the location but after a bit of shower thoughts and a few analyses of the holographic globes in the overseers office at the islands ending and the end of aberration. we can nail down some crucial details first.

its in the southern hemisphere. this is the equivalent to asking if your character is male or female in guess who but it helps me out quite a lot as in the end of abberation you can see the defective ark hovering above Antarctica which brings me to another amazing discovery in the visibility of another southern landmass.

its in Oceania. this is ruled out by the proximity of the aberration and Australia which you cant really miss when you see it as it appears in the same scene that we see that aberration and the island are meant to be southern hemispheric arks. this narrows down the search area immensely as we can then start to pinpoint the name of the city.

this is where it gets intresting as there is not much to go off after this except what may be the most insignificant gameplay element of extinction and yet being a key feature to how i can pinpoint this city.

its somewhat believed that extinction is in the ring of fire as it has this factor that i was teasing earlier, sulfur. which can let me belive that this place is Rotorua, New Zealand. first, this city has to be small as it is quite a pitiful little hamlet for what cant be bigger then New York. i am willing to say that the city in extinction is a small city by ark world standards as it is probably gotten so advanced that entire island nations or even entire states in the U.S.A could be mega cities at this point. there are only a few small cities that could realisticly develop into cities like the extinction city in the world let alone ones in Oceania and on the ring of fire which New Zealand is completely in. it also makes sense why the ark project would start here as the island could've taken samples from New Zealand rain forests and the use of mountains and glaciers can also be provided by N.Z. this is backed by a little idea that the island was the first ark ever made and was launched to make sure arks could exist before they started developing further arks such as scorched earth. there is also another piece of evidence backing this claim as New zeal and would be one of the last places to be infected by element thus giving the ark engineers longer time to develop on it. there are even 3 beta arks in place with the snow biome being the 1st functional ark, the desert being a scorched earth beta. and the underground ark being a sub terrain test that failed but was rushed in desperation and became the aberration ark.

this may have taken a pinch of autism, a bit of 11 pm curiosity and a few cups of coffee to cobble together but i hoped this rushed mess of a post could provide some food for thought and could interest you before i pass out cold on my floor.

3 hours ago, fatbutterimp said:

just saying rotorua is a very touristy town, having sheep farms in eyes of the flocks of tourists would piss them off.

actually tourism centers around sheep

they have sheep shaving and sheep dog herding demonstrations lots of sheep made products sheep oil and rugs to sell to tourist basically a sheep culture

the other big tourist thing is the maori but sheep are still bigger over there

Archived