inbreeding bug? (mutation counter)

dodogal

it seems like I'm having an issue with mutation counter during inbreeding

let's say you have a male dino with a mutation, it is parent of female dino, and you mate them, then you have a dino that has a counter of 2 mutation of father side, while in reality having only 1 mutation stat wise

I would like to know if someone had similar issues or can confirm this bug before I file a report

Thank you

1 minute ago, Baklap said:

Thats normal.. even though its the same mutation, ark makes it 1 + 1 = 2

what isn't normal is you have a counter of 2 mutations while not having benefit of 2 mutations, AND mutation counter is capped

so if you confirm this issue then I guess it's a bug that needs to be reported (and likely never fixed)

3 hours ago, dodogal said:

what isn't normal is you have a counter of 2 mutations while not having benefit of 2 mutations, AND mutation counter is capped

so if you confirm this issue then I guess it's a bug that needs to be reported (and likely never fixed)

Its not a bug, its just how breeding works. It forces you to throw some clean genes in the mix every once in a while. There should be negitive side effects to inbreeding and wasted mutation slots are it. Once you are maxed on mutations just breed a male with a few clean females and you can clear one side to keep stacking mutations.

It forces you to put some thought and planning into your breeding lines. Theres a reason why some tribes are excellent breeders and some not so much. Its not that they breed more, they just know how all the mechanics work and plan their lines accordingly.

17 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Working as intended......

Source? Where does it say it works as intended?

Breeding is insanely tedious, extremely time consuming + a RNG grind

It took me insane amount of time to breed 2 high level dinos with maxed stats, so just when I got rid of RNG grind, I now have to deal with this? Makes no sense.

39 minutes ago, dodogal said:

It took me insane amount of time to breed 2 high level dinos with maxed stats, so just when I got rid of RNG grind, I now have to deal with this? Makes no sense.

Not a single person has reported it as a bug (except you) for the .. 2? Years its been around. Its not a bug man

1 hour ago, dodogal said:

Welcome to ark breeding on official. Theres a reason why high lvl clean or low mute dinos sell for alot, its hard work.

8 hours ago, dodogal said:

it seems like I'm having an issue with mutation counter during inbreeding

let's say you have a male dino with a mutation, it is parent of female dino, and you mate them, then you have a dino that has a counter of 2 mutation of father side, while in reality having only 1 mutation stat wise

I would like to know if someone had similar issues or can confirm this bug before I file a report

Thank you

I also tried to make sense of the mutation counter for a long time. The cap at 20 mutations for matrilineal side and patrilineal side.

It's a complete illusion.

You can get a much larger number of mutations. Using a 0/0, 0/0 male to keep one side (p side) below 20 mutations or more to the point zeroed side.

Use the same stats for all dinos except the unmutated 0/0, 0/0:male and you can not go wrong. watch some vids on super dinos breeding.

Some times I recommend using the best stats you can get from several tamed dinos and imprint the baby. You get the imprinted 100% bonus plus rider bonus. A strong dino unmutated.

/Ari

Archived