How to Safely Raise a Reaper Baby to Juvenile Stage

yuki2491

Hi again :D

I'm giving another tip and this time its about how to raise your baby reaper to juvy stage safely :)

To start off, all you need is a Karkinos and 2 fridges of Cooked Meat and dont wear any gear when baby reaper is about to pop out.

When the Baby Reaper pops out of your stomach, you will literally have 1hp left. Now here is where the stuff i mentioned above will be useful :)

* First before the Baby reaper pops out, you gotta have 2 fridges of cooked meat inside your characters inventory, It will be enough to be fed until it reaches juvenile stage.

* Second Let the Baby Reaper Kill you so that after it kills you, the Baby Reaper will get all that cooked Meat inside your character's inventory.

* You will die and have to re-spawn at your base.

* Third is ride and use the Karkinos, grab that baby reaper and it will hold on to it until it reaches Juvenile Stage :) , so you can relax for 8hrs. and just come back for its 1st imprint :)

I hope this tip helps :)

3 hours ago, yuki2491 said:

ride and use the Karkinos, grab that baby reaper and it will hold on to it until it reaches Juvenile Stage :) , so you can relax for 8hrs. and just come back for its 1st imprint

This is pretty dangerous. If you leave a dino grabbed by karkinos and you leave the area in stasis, by logging off or leaving the area, you risk to lose the grabbed dino falling it under the world map. It happened to me with an anky and with a roll rat. 

This also happened to me with a baby anky in another map after leaving it inside the pouch of a procoptodon.

13 minutes ago, arkark said:

This is pretty dangerous. If you leave a dino grabbed by karkinos and you leave the area in stasis, by logging off or leaving the area, you risk to lose the grabbed dino falling it under the world map. It happened to me with an anky and with a roll rat. 

This also happened to me with a baby anky in another map after leaving it inside the pouch of a procoptodon.

I've had baby reapers vanish into the mesh more often when NOT holding them with a crab. I find that even if they are overweighted, it is still much safer to keep them in a crab. They will often disappear or bug out during their transition to juvenile if they are not rendered at that time.

3 minutes ago, jansenv said:

I've had baby reapers vanish into the mesh more often when NOT holding them with a crab. I find that even if they are overweighted, it is still much safer to keep them in a crab. They will often disappear or bug out during their transition to juvenile if they are not rendered at that time.

Yes, in the transition to juvenile they bury if no one is in render. But in that case you can use the karki to pick it from underground. Personally when I raise reapers I dont leave render in early stages so this never happened to me, but if its necessary to leave the area unrendered I would prefer to pick it from its burried state than losing it because it falled thru the mesh to an unreachable place.

Archived