Update Regarding Recent Lost Characters

StudioWildcard

this is too late for us....

dinos already gone...

dinos timer is 8 days and they turn it off 7 days after the loss of characters... not taking in consideration that the timer might have been not on 8 days anymore when the incident happened... i dunno what to write, i suggested so often to turn off the timer... i stop now to write ?

Under normal workload, a GM is able to respond to a ticket within a couple of days. Due to the influx of new tickets related to this recent issue, the wait time has significantly increased.

Ich hab vor fast 2 Monaten ein Ticket geschrieben (19.02.2019), das beim Übertragen (Transmitter) in eine Kyro-Kapsel, mein Gezüchtetes Weiblicher Gigantosaurus level 286 verschwunden ist.

Ich warte bis heute auf eine Antwort.

---

Almost 2 months ago I wrote a ticket, which disappeared when transferring (Transmitter) into a Kyro-Capsule, my Bred Female Gigantosaurus level 286.

I'm waiting for an answer until today.

Edited by Hilli70

I hope but doubt you have taken into consideration the fact that even disabling auto decay timers the dinos still need to eat, the kibble still needs the fridge which in turn needs gas.  Bad enough, that these players had to lose a character due to the rollback but now face an empty base... Hope it all works out for them. 

Yeah let's iron out the rollback process almost 2 years after going retail and 4 years into development of this game. No mention of meshing so we have TWO fails from Wildcard lately that offer no reprieve! I am glad I uninstalled my copies (on two machines) and decommissioned my cluster server because this is a bunch of BS! Ark is dead to me and I will never purchase another title from this joke of a game studio...

Tickets are addressed on a first come, first serve basis.

I find that hard to beleave!

I contacted April 04 2019 at 10:07 and I have only received auto response, (that’s GM)

so we’re am I on the list or fixes if 7 days later I’m still waiting, does that mean you are still on the first few minutes of fixes and if so how can you suggest that you are rushing?

or is it more you fix the alpha tribes first then worry about all others or is it some other arbitrary system you use that has nothing to do with first come first serve?

WC I’m tired of this, every issue it’s the same every fix leads to bigger problems! 

So Ark survivors that have been contacted let’s test there response time and figure out we’re we are on this supposed list first come first served..

lets talk about character replacement..

is it a replacement character or reinstating lost character and how is this suppose to work in reference to imprinting and will imprint only be via server? I’m currently on 4 servers and my lost character was my first since beta ended? I have imprinted animals on each server for this character will I lose all the days of hundreds % breed because off this? 

Can we still move characters or will this damage or effect respawn of character?

Will your GM be able to remove cryo sickness so we can mass drop Dinos if we need to have each animal reconnected..

there are some basic question that you are not answering, we can not move forward without knowledge on what your plan is stop damage control and be honest...

4 hours ago, blargzilla said:

Yeah let's iron out the rollback process almost 2 years after going retail and 4 years into development of this game. No mention of meshing so we have TWO fails from Wildcard lately that offer no reprieve! I am glad I uninstalled my copies (on two machines) and decommissioned my cluster server because this is a bunch of BS! Ark is dead to me and I will never purchase another title from this joke of a game studio...

Ooh that's tough

Cheers, improvements and more descriptive responses to the communities requests. Hopefully this trend continues in the right direction. I hope people are recognizing efforts. Though I do believe there should be growth with the GM staff if major influxes are taking their tole to such extreme circumstances. The decay timer is indeed a step in the right direction. Yet, the game is very time oriented in a lot of circumstances. I hope the efforts towards efficiency pay off so the community is heard in a timely manner. 

21 hours ago, AWSPRAGUE said:

Imprinted Dinos is 100% relevant to losing your character.  I can level up a new character and get added to my tribe no problem.  All my imprinted dinos which took weeks of time are now useless.  What are you even talking about invincibleqc

SO. i do completely understand your loss and am not trying to minimize it. But sorry to say an overpowered giga or rex which is what most people have these days are NOT COMPLETELY USELESS without the imprint, yes a bit less powerful. get some perspective please. now if they are dead they are useless and that is definitely something to be more up in arms about. BUT LOSING AN IMPRINT. pls.

Edited by asmodiandevils

23 hours ago, Pringl3s ♥ said:

Maybe you should consider helping the Legacy players to get back their characters as well, most loyal players get the worst treatment

Maybe you should move to new servers or rent your own? It was stated very clearly that support for legacy servers would be stopped when new servers were added. Legacy will eventually all be gone. They're outdated hardware and full of dupped items and dinos.

23 hours ago, AndrewLB said:

Hmm... anyone remember the two day rollback during early access where they nerfed all the blueprints as well as fishing and said it was done because of duping and that fishing was too OP? I don't recall there being any issues with character loss when that happened. What i'm saying is how could one network wide rollback not have this problem but this one would? Seems to me that some safeguards or redundant data protection is no longer being used for whatever reason.

edit\

Oh wait... weren't the official servers back then hosted and managed on Amazon AWS gaming servers?  And now its largely nitrado? So this is all the result of cheap servers... *sigh*

You willing to foot the bill for more expensive servers than the already $100k plus they spend on them a month currently? No? Didn't think so..

14 hours ago, blargzilla said:

Looks like you can’t move on though because here you are.

Ark was all I played but then I took a huge hiatus. I see Ark for what it truly is and enjoy what I can because of how I choose to play it. I don’t generally suffer the same issues that people constantly compain aboug because of how I have tailored my experience. With all that said, the developers do you need to communicate more before repeatedly making the same mistakes over and over.

To prevent lost characters from happening again, all they need to do is put a transfer block on servers a few hours before and after an update to allow for extreme cases of when a rollback may be required. Display it all in a message of the day and in the main menu, and that way it will reach everyone - not just those who may check the forums and/or other social media.

Rollback cost me,

Lost 10 special christmas dinos on Aberation

Put it back to 14 days for Dino delete before Summer vacations!

PS- the electrical wires, plants and especially new players BOATS with all their inventory on it should be 14 days, too!

I got lucky and it only affected one server out of 5, but you lose players to this 7 day timer and they never come back!

Edited by iDash

What sucks about this the most i feel like, is due to them needing to prioritize the restorations on these characters they might get distracted from fixing in game issues. I understand there's separate teams to handle game issues and support issues but we all know how these devolepers work by now. I mean the Trike Infinite charge is still glitched even though their recent patch note says it isn't. Plus Boss Holographic Dossiers no longer show up after killing them as well. Given these hints as id like to call em there is a huge chance that these issues between restorations and still ongoing issues are going to be slowed much more than it already is. But OOOWEEE THEIR TRYIN! Luckily i play singleplayer (cant advance in either pvp or pve im afraid. Too many structures on pve for the One X to handle on most servers) so i was not affected by this but i believe people would have their wishes granted in no time! Cheers