Update Regarding Recent Lost Characters

StudioWildcard

I’m disappointed to play ark at this point. This game has the opportunity to be one of the best out there but they just don’t care about the players enough. I’ve lost so much to bugs and all the GMs say is we can’t help you. There is no reparations for my time and effort lost. I have just lost a good baby theri and a level 383 Rex that is unleveled to a bug with cryo pods where the tame quite literally disappeared after being thrown. If any of those die or starve to death I’m willing to bet that there will be no reparations because I can’t prove that the literally disappeared. Wildcard at this point you owe your customers  . Bring back the 2x breeding every weekend. Fix meshing. Help us get our stuff back. It is unfair. To all of us to keep giving you guys money to play your game and then receive awful treatment. Something needs to change.

Edited by cregg

• Wildcard Community
13 minutes ago, Nalfade said:

ok so my question is what about the people who have been trying to get a hold of wild card about a lost character for over a month but have heard nothing from them im sorry but its not like this is a new issue people have been losing characters well before this

This just happened to be the event that put a spotlight on those issues.  It's unfortunate and sad but because of how many were affected but on the bright side, it resulted in the improvement in several back-end processes.  We'll be looking to improve this process for everyone that loses a character.  It's an issue that's taken seriously.

We lost so much characters and items your apologize didn't bring that all back, you must give  players 4x item, Exp, Breed, or in game gifts or something cuz you can't blame the Players if its your fault after updates eveyone lose something please be a official ARK player and try to do empathy maybe you will understand Players and you realized maybe you can bring the characters, items but you can never give a player the lost times...

• Wildcard Community
8 minutes ago, alsanad3 said:

The only question is, if the character had implants that had both alpha rockwell and ascension, why does he get a character lvl 105, and not maxed, getting experience is not an easy thing to get going from 105 onwards.

We don't have a technical way to expedite the ascension process at the moment AFAIK.  A GM could theoretically do a manual run of the bosses with the person present but we are investigating more automated ways of doing so.

• Thanks 1

ok I cant believe im saying this cause I love it when games come out with something new whether it be a new map or new creatures that you can tame but it might be a good idea for wildcard to slow down and actually try and resolve the current issues of the game and try to make it a lot more stable before adding more and making more issues and excuses im sorry but from reading most of the comments and seeing it and dealing with it personally watching babies die because of lag or getting disconnected or losing a character and being told I can change your imprint but I cant change the owner ship of the dinos its frustrating 

55 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Let's try to keep this thread on-topic. If you guys want to make suggestions that are unrelated to the main topic then please post them in the appropriate section. I've moved all the posts discussing imprints and you can continue the discussion over there:

No, the servers are not rolling back. What they did is disabling auto-decay (you know, the timer on your creatures and structures) so that players that lost their characters during the rollback have a chance to get their character replaced before losing everything they own.

Horrible service, horrible staff work. I sent an email last thursday. I had bases in 5 maps. I dont login all maps everyday, I am mostly solo with some good allies. The only base i had a member were ragnarok, thats my newest base in game. So right now all my friends and allies told me my dinos decayed @ Scorched, and my vaults and land is pillared. That's my main base where i lost my last 8 months collectin BPS, dinos (more than 500 and a bunch of event ones), tek, materials, construction (yea the base matters) and 2 charcs (105 and 102) that vanished.

I asked STEAM chargeback cause its unnaceptable this situation. I got a NO as answer, but i will continue this war. 

WHY THE HELL THE GAME DID NOT FREEZE TIMERS (FOOD/DECAY) WHEN THE DRAMA JUST STARTED?

MANY PLAYERS i know i dont understand why they just accepted and did a new charc to restart ignoring the drama. They had an ally/member that saved their base. LUCK OF THEM! But since I am solo I'm 100% s-c-r-e-w-e-d. I cannot save my s-h-i-t. I just regret playin Ark Survival. Now that everythin decayed and i have 4 bases disappeareding/disappeared u guys turn OFF timers and FOR SURE gonna ask me soon (when answer my ticket from last week) to me PROOVE what i had. SO in the next century u can "recover" it. I know they will not give me back the event colors, all itens, asc bp, all bases, time lost, etc etc etc... What do i have to do? Accept the fact and delete ark? Cause I know MANY PLAYERS in same situation as me and I hope the ones same situation ASK steam chargeback.

Wildcard just understand about money and being slow like a snail to help people. That's the 2 things u guys do well.

Edited by caesar1986

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, nurionuraskeroglu said:

i lost my char last week and he dont come back.i send 15 ticket to you but nobody looked at tickets. i lost my char and bases i dont need your apologize, i need my items and char. you say a lot of reason but anything cant give me my lost time, maybe you can give me some items but i dont think you cant give my 600 hour back

I don't think submitting multiple tickets for the same issue is a good idea. Since tickets are treated in the order they are received, everyone that spam tickets are really just increasing the volume of tickets GMs have to read which can certainly be a factor of delays, etc.

37 minutes ago, caesar1986 said:

I sent an email last thursday

You should submit a Support Ticket at https://support.survivetheark.com/ instead as I really don't think they are providing any kind of in-game support that are not submitted there.

12 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I don't think submitting multiple tickets for the same issue is a good idea. Since tickets are treated in the order they are received, everyone that spam tickets are really just increasing the volume of tickets GMs have to read which can certainly be a factor of delays, etc.

You should submit a Support Ticket at https://support.survivetheark.com/ instead as I really don't think they are providing any kind of in-game support that are not submitted there.

Ticket to ark... Email to steam... Steam answered me today after 2 days... Ark did not in 1 week +.

15 minutes ago, CyberHunter said:

lol our pve server almost not lag now

I BET! They whiped the players from the game. No render, no players, no lag. GOOD WORK, Wildcard.

THE ONLY THING they could do to solve this S-H-I-T is rollback to the exactly day the chaos started. They would recover everything back and avoid a thousand tickets. People cannot be selfish or cry about things done after this epic chaotic moment cause the game is/was broken during all those last days.

They should have turned off and frozen all servers till fix it ORRRR at least stop the timers since the 1st moment. BUT THEY DID NOTHING. They allowed the worst scenareo ever. They allowed tons of dinos, bases and players just vanish and asked em to send tickets during that. OFC Everybody got angry and mad with such a bizzar situation like this.

SHAME ON YOU, WILDCARD.

Edited by caesar1986

5 minutes ago, Sayipriyan said:

What about the people, wich didnt loose character. The rollback would let loose my character plus my trades. Thank u that u also raptor everyonr elso, who didnt loose their character.

Whar about 4k+ hours lost, 600+ dinos decayed (a bunch of them event), 2 charcs (102 and 105) and 4 bases in 5 maps (cause i had ragnarok saved by a member i had). What do u think i prefer? I AINT THE ONLY ONE that got whiped like this. I dont give a F to your trade or new random charc or dino done in the last week. I lost 8 months in 1 week. WAKE UP, DUDE.

Edited by caesar1986

Roads vary in shape and size, I am on day 7 with out a response on my ticket yet. I AM ANGRY AS YOU ARE but let us keep in perspective what we have here.  Of coarse I have not been made whole by the fact that they turned off auto decay.  What stopped my bleeding was I have a tribe mate who joined my new noob and I was able to feed the dinos and reset the timers my self.  (if we build ties in the game we can help each other, there is a reason we play multiplayer)  There are still problems with their plan.  But they finally took the first step.  This is a business to them let us not forget. They may see no profit in properly funding this game now that the final expansion has released and they released a new game.  Be great full for every day Wild Card allows your character to eat, poop, and breath.  There will come a day when we are all on the legacy server that gets wiped.   Its happened before it will happen again.  People who think steams going to give them a refund after playing 2000 hours GOOD LUCK.   Steam would not refund me a game once because I had 4 hours on it,  3 hours and 55 minutes of which was the game updating after the initial install (PUBG).  If you got 2k hours out of a game before you decide its time to move on you did good.  If you put 2k hours in a game The game developer did some thing right.  Now in that much content they did some wrong too I am sure.  Notice this game does not have a monthly sub.  How many games that you are willing to put that much time into has a subscription.  So I say thank you Game Moderators for doing your job I hope you get to the poor soles who were forced to quit ark cold turkey and their minds are now imploding from going through with draw from your addictive game.  Please may the Ark gods bestow upon them something that gives their mind and body a shot of dopamine to help calm the nerves.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Safir said:

I have kept my base loded for 3 days now to try to save my animals. I've lost some but most are here. I feed them through my allies so remember that you can do this. My generators ran out of gas a few days ago so I hope I can save my Cryopoded animals too.

I'm not entirely sure if this works, but did you try an allied platform with a generator? Or simply to connect cables to your existing circuit? I know you can connect to pipes regardless of the owner, so maybe cables use the same mechanics.

Long as this don't affect my single player server, I could care less. From what I've gathered, multiplayer in this game has mostly been a mistake. I can't even play this game with my friend cuz he's leashed to me by 100 feet or w.e.. total waste of time when the island is like, 100+ km squared. Also, what GM? Far as I've gathered, Xbox has no way to enter a petition of any sort (and I'm not going outta my way to do it on a computer for an Xbox game).

Edited by DerpyNo