Rocket Run Prevention Tips?

Rancor

Flak runners are a total pain if you don’t have a lot of turrets spread out 360. Maybe plant x to slow them or a few rexes to chomp on them. I’d love to see them flak run 4 700% rexes on top of being shot and slowing plants lol

But what made me quit pvp was when i had actually successfully repelled their attack. They came back a few hours later when i was asleep and meshed my base. 

They sent me a video of it happening, i reported it and called them cheating fks, then I WAS THE ONE who got the punishment for cursing in a game meant for 17 year olds +. 

I hate humans.

I like to play around with designs in single player then test them out. One of the best is rows of fence foundations with railings placed long way. Spaced to prevent humans running between. You can place them around your turrets either just outside turret range so they have to use C4/Rockets to blow them or just inside turret range so they have to soak first.

Positives: 

Cost 17 ing and 5 CP for both. So not that expensive.

Durability on railing is 10000 just like a wall.

If placed long way, as long as turret jas LOS, they can't hide behind.

Will block Trikes and Stego's from walking over.

Negatives:

Paracers and Bronto's walk right over.

Doesn't count as a no build area.

Will need quite a few, probably 2 rows staggered at least,  to be effective.

I'll add a picture of the set up when I can for better reference.

Build elevated on cliff platforms if possible. Aside from that, rows of railings as described, or bear traps. Purlovia will stop them once or twice. Offline, all you can do is hope to slow their advance. 

Online, keep setting species Y traps down. If they rocket run, theyll get stopped and killed. They're very difficult to see, so they end up being a pretty effective trap. Grappling and reeling them into turret range is also a good strategy. 

Archived