Mass Babies starving WITH FOOD ON AND AROUND THEM! DEVS WON"T HELP STILL! GOSH?

oneshotkillfc

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Castlerock said:
4 hours ago, Rio4201 said:
Just a thought, what level is the dino when it hits Juvenile? is it possible it is too high? 450?

If the baby is born above lvl 450 it gets deleted straight away so u would see the egg hatch into nothing, no baby at all to claim, and 450 is still ok, dinos only get deleted when they hit 451 and above.

Hmmm, that's odd, because I have seen and had it happen to me at 450. Who knows, but the more information we collect on it, the easier it is to kind of narrow down where the issue rests in the code, so yeah if he/she can dump as much info as possible into the post, hopefully someone who sees it can take a peek and see if there's something zigging instead of zagging.

On 1/28/2020 at 5:30 AM, mackyish3r3 said:

This diloing bug is annoying. Back then, I was appointed to raise 20 boss rexes and a yuty by my tribe leader. I made sure they made it to juvie and then filled them full of meat and the troughs to go to bed. When I woke up I logged onto starved babies. Their item bags were still there and had raw meat. My tribe mate booted me out of the tribe because of my lack of care but really it’s the games fault. He refuses to believe me it’s a bug :(

The bags being there most likely is due noone else rendering your base while you were offline. Babies dont eat while out of render and in stasis. They however will eat instantly all the food needed for the whole stasis time when someone renders them andthe game calculates how much to eat. 

18 hours ago, crasht01 said:

Yep work's most of the time but sometimes it does not so people can try the minimum to see if they get a base result of zero dino's dying with this problem as I have never had this problem while doing 1 trough at a time for 2 to 4 feeding from it. I spread the troughs at least 10 squares away from each other and place dinos right next to each trough. 

This works for small scale breeding. But try placing 50 baby gigas around troughs spaced 10 foundations from each other. Logistics, time and space nightmare.

5 hours ago, Luewen said:

The bags being there most likely is due noone else rendering your base while you were offline. Babies dont eat while out of render and in stasis. They however will eat instantly all the food needed for the whole stasis time when someone renders them andthe game calculates how much to eat. 

Ok then I’ll just afk render while using macros to eat

5 hours ago, Luewen said:

This works for small scale breeding. But try placing 50 baby gigas around troughs spaced 10 foundations from each other. Logistics, time and space nightmare.

Maybe Ark was not meant to be a factory production line for breeding Dino's and that's why some players have problems. If you are doing 50 baby Giga's at a time you deserve nightmares. I don't really care one bit if it makes breeding 50 giga's harder because all you factory production line players do is lag up the servers with your massive bases jam packed with dino's. The point of me sharing my info was to get back to basic's of what works and trying to avoid the problem of dino's changing from baby to juvy and not eating from the trough, understanding of the basic mechanic's of the game. Not sure how breeding 50 Giga's is basic.

17 hours ago, crasht01 said:

Maybe Ark was not meant to be a factory production line for breeding Dino's and that's why some players have problems. If you are doing 50 baby Giga's at a time you deserve nightmares. I don't really care one bit if it makes breeding 50 giga's harder because all you factory production line players do is lag up the servers with your massive bases jam packed with dino's. The point of me sharing my info was to get back to basic's of what works and trying to avoid the problem of dino's changing from baby to juvy and not eating from the trough, understanding of the basic mechanic's of the game. Not sure how breeding 50 Giga's is basic.

Big part of the game is breeding and doing it most efficient way. And i have not had any problms with babies starving with food on troughs. And your solution increases the base sizes with throughs spread in larger area. Oxymoron right there.

2 hours ago, Luewen said:

Big part of the game is breeding and doing it most efficient way. And i have not had any problms with babies starving with food on troughs. And your solution increases the base sizes with throughs spread in larger area. Oxymoron right there.

Big part of the game is breeding, so is that suppose to be news?  My solution does not increase the base size. You don't understand what the setup is for it's not meant for mass breeding, did you not understand what basic means. Anyway the space required for 50 giga's is a lot smaller than you imagine and making it efficient is not a problem but its not exactly the size of the base that causes the lag issues but the 100's of dino's that get loaded in. You have had no problems then I guess you have nothing to add to help people who do have problems or any experience with this problem so it's not much use in discussing anything with you on this subject. 

9 hours ago, crasht01 said:

Big part of the game is breeding, so is that suppose to be news?  My solution does not increase the base size. You don't understand what the setup is for it's not meant for mass breeding, did you not understand what basic means. Anyway the space required for 50 giga's is a lot smaller than you imagine and making it efficient is not a problem but its not exactly the size of the base that causes the lag issues but the 100's of dino's that get loaded in. You have had no problems then I guess you have nothing to add to help people who do have problems or any experience with this problem so it's not much use in discussing anything with you on this subject. 

Did you even read what you wrote on your first message. If spreading troughs more apart is not increasing base size, nothing is. You are trying to tell me 10 troughs space 10 foundation apart from each other is gonna take same size of space than 10 next to each other. LOL

12 hours ago, Luewen said:

Did you even read what you wrote on your first message. If spreading troughs more apart is not increasing base size, nothing is. You are trying to tell me 10 troughs space 10 foundation apart from each other is gonna take same size of space than 10 next to each other. LOL

If you have a 50 square base and have all your troughs in the middle they are only going to cover a certain amount of space which won't be the full 50 square's but if you put the troughs in the corners of the 50 square area they will cover a larger area without making the base bigger. I didn't think that was real hard to understand but seems how you can't get your head around the fact that the setup was only meant for a basic and simple setup to cut out the chances of the dino's not selecting the correct trough to eat from by only giving them the choice of one trough, I am not surprised you don't get it.

• 7 months later...

Woke up this morning to find my two juvenile Sarcos had starved to death, this has nothing to do with render range as i logged out in the same room they were feeding in. A whole day wasted watching them grow i even stayed on to 1am to ensure they were eating fine and do first imprint.

Wildcard you are a bunch of morons who could not sort an orgy in a brothel let alone fix your bloody game. How many years Ark been running now and we are still stuck with stupid faults.

Getting all my friends to one star this game on Xbox until they sort out these stupid faults or at least lower mature length by half. 

• 1 month later...

Archived