Mass Babies starving WITH FOOD ON AND AROUND THEM! DEVS WON"T HELP STILL! GOSH?

oneshotkillfc

Okay so this has been going on FAR FAR too long. Seriously? Ina  game where you'll make it take literally TWO WEEKs to raise something if you go NON stop...when YOUR game, that WE PAID for glitches thanks tot he SAME programming errors it's had since BETA.....you won't help anyone anymore? We do everything right, get our babies well past 10% Fill troughs, fill them, and EVEN, EVEN make basic kibble to give them each that extra edge....

And then they don't eat. They just stop. Today, over a dozen multi generational tames of ours died, all at the EXACT same time. With Food on the troughs, food on them (I know because I picked up their bags) and KIBBLE, 50 pieces per tame,  and 100 pieces per the 16 troughs (ALL meat eaters BTW)...

Over a month of breeding lines, collecting wilds, countless hours of all ten members time...we still do EVERYTHING RIGHT....EVEN A DAMN DAODON NURSEMAID.....and they, due to your programming, starve and die.

And you don't want to help by giving us the dino's we put in the work for. It's not our fault, it's YOUR fault ARK. WILDCARD. DEVS. You know, the time we, especially working adults, put into this game HAS VALUE....MORE value than you putting in a command and fixing your error! Your egregious error!

HOW can this be okay? HOW can you not come to the aid of your players?  WITH SCREEN SHOTTED EVIDENCE! OVe  adoen tames, different species, different maturities all die the SAME MINUTE!

You KNOW about this problem. You KNOW there is nothing we can do about it. But come to YOU for help, and you tell us to screw ourselves, and that our real life time has less value than you coming in and replacing some digital dinos. This makes me want to quit.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am gathering these are unattended dino's. Otherwise you would have saw your food going down on them long before they died.

You can always hand feed them pick up the food and destroy the trough and place a new trough.

OR even taking them out for exercise tends to make them hungry.

But you know if you leave a dino alone for a long time and ignore them they tend to get depressed.

They stop laying eggs and stop eating they just want your attention.

Is that so much to ask, think of the dino's.

Massive base, mass amount of tames, in the city with not so much room, on a mega tribe server, no issues raising 100 plust tames.

You must play pve? Not trying to be rude but if your server is a lag fest, sometimes the game is lagging but food, water, cold still effects.

Only time I heard what you are describing, otherwise you just suck at raising lol. ? Ionooo which one

I have a 9 year old and 16 year old son and I still have to make sure the 9 year old eats. I need to sit there and watch him. The 16 year old on the other hand eats me out of house and home. My wages are spent on nothing but food now. 

Moral of the story? You need to keep checking young ones, even if they should be able to feed themselves. 

And never have children. 

I lost 13 spino babies all with my latest stat mix and a whole host of new mutations to mix together.  All died ,  all were at 8.0% when I logged off .  While it might seem silly to do that, I’ve done it over 100x before and the most I’ve lost is one or two and that’s very rare.  Spinos should have been fine on their own at 5% by the weight they have.

And I was raising a few animals last night and 2 of them just stopped eating while I was with them the whole time.   I’ve found that if you are around you can pump their food all the way up and it will just count down until it hits zero or the babies hunger catches up.   You’ll know it caught up because the maturity % will shoot up when it starts eating again.

• 5 months later...
16 minutes ago, Bennyyy said:

This issue is not with the feeding trough itself but with the deoedon!!!!! When you go out of render range it will eat everything filling its food. leaving your babys to starve.

I hope they don't change that. Makes running multiple boss fights super easy. Just cryo the Daeodon. No need for it if not raising Wyv's/Drakes without milk or venom or running a boss fight/raiding/defending.

3 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I hope they don't change that. Makes running multiple boss fights super easy. Just cryo the Daeodon. No need for it if not raising Wyv's/Drakes without milk or venom or running a boss fight/raiding/defending.

Honestly I wouldn't worry, They probally couldn't Fix it even if they wanted to. Just like the rest of the game. But considering it is one or the more useful/harmless glitches. I'm surprised they haven't spend more time trying to fix it just to piss people off. Just like some of the old glitches, but yet meshing is still a thing ???.

Even down to the fabby/longneck glitch. I'm 100% sure that was deliberate....... wildcard=Idiots I'll save the rest as anyone who play ark already know. Could genuinely be the best/most immersive game I have played. (I'm a fairly new to ark compared to some) just if wilfcard cared more about the problems than making dlc's considering it is not an unpopular game/ poor company.

On 4/12/2019 at 8:30 AM, Durbinhaze said:

Stasis Glitch. They were unrendered for to long. Got to render them in every so often for them to eat

I agree with this one from raising monkeys.   the babies were probably out of render range of any player for too long.

With raising the monkeys we found they would not eat from troughs while you were out of render range, and they weren't picking berries.   we moved the ilttle monkey farm near our base sense i spend time around there alot, and the monkeys did fine after that.

There is also a glitch with the trough, where dino's will stop eating from it, so its a good idea to check your troughs and dino food levels off and on, if their food is dropping and the trough is full,  Empty the trough of everything, close its inventory screen, open it back up and shove the food in.  This usually fixes that glitch.

On 4/11/2019 at 5:37 AM, oneshotkillfc said:

And then they don't eat. They just stop.

I feel your pain, this is truly a flaw in the game mechanics that WC should figure out a way to fix.

Having said that, Durbinhaze almost certainly has the right answer. Any time that there are no players nearby most of the server activities go into stasis, no breeding, no eating, no pooping, no egg laying, and so on. It doesn't have to specifically be your tribe, if any player on your server is close enough to your base that the game spawns them in then your dino's will act normally, eating, pooping, etc. But, if they go for an extended period of time without getting rendered in then they can starve, and this is especially a risk with growing dino's because they lose food so fast.

This is absolutely something that WildCard should find a way to fix (and they should also fix the problem with tribe logs being so small, which contributes to this problem) but until they do your only real protection is to make sure that someone from your tribe logs in often enough to guarantee that your young ones are eating.

This is a horrible problem with the game, but until WildCard acts like adults and accepts responsibility for this flaw in their game, your only option is to log in often enough to prevent this from happening.

On 1 October 2019 at 11:48 PM, Bennyyy said:

Honestly I wouldn't worry, They probally couldn't Fix it even if they wanted to. Just like the rest of the game. But considering it is one or the more useful/harmless glitches. I'm surprised they haven't spend more time trying to fix it just to piss people off. Just like some of the old glitches, but yet meshing is still a thing ???.

Even down to the fabby/longneck glitch. I'm 100% sure that was deliberate....... wildcard=Idiots I'll save the rest as anyone who play ark already know. Could genuinely be the best/most immersive game I have played. (I'm a fairly new to ark compared to some) just if wilfcard cared more about the problems than making dlc's considering it is not an unpopular game/ poor company.

Fear anything slightly connected to EA sports lol. All game companies can and do release broken unfinished stuff and never fix it. It's a massive problem in the industry, like how many people picked up Genisis because of a shiny trailer when the game core is broken(PVP). The game was designed for PVP but they let it go long ago, most folk find comfort in unofficial which is hilarious to me as they are run by ordinary people. This is a company who say we don't have the man power to police and tackle issue in the game and then boom there like hey check out this shiny dlc. It make me laugh and cry a lil?

I was going to mention this the other day and forgot to,  I noticed with my tek troughs my juvi rexs were refusing to eat cooked meat from them, but they would eat raw meat from them just fine.  Not sure if its related to what happened to the OP, but it came to mind when I noticed what was going on.   I pulled all the meat from the trough, and stuck it back in, as that usually fixes dinos not eating but they still refused to eat the cooked meat.   Sense I had two troughs I filled the second one up with raw meat and within a very short time 20 stacks of that vanished from the babies eating it.   Tried filling that one with cooked meat as well, same result, they just flat out refused to eat the cooked meat.

• 1 month later...

@BertNoobiansI don't think that the broken stuff will or can ever be fixed. They probably have no clue what the issue is or don't have a solution. It also could be that a solution would require too much investment. 

I have lost some reapers to this bug, which is 100% a bug because they just stop eating. I always check babies if the food stat is going up because the bug can always happen. The static glitch is different from the ''stop eating''' one because it can always happen even if you stand right next them. You will be forced to cryo and take them out again.

1 hour ago, Fukushu said:

@BertNoobiansI don't think that the broken stuff will or can ever be fixed. They probably have no clue what the issue is or don't have a solution. It also could be that a solution would require too much investment.

Completely unacceptable.  People have funneled $30 and thousands of hours of their life into building jerboa plantations, Wildcard should stop caring whether or not they can pay their bills and start providing the perfect experience we're all entitled to.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Mass Babies starving WITH FOOD ON AND AROUND THEM! DEVS WON"T HELP STILL! GOSH?

Archived