Mass Babies starving WITH FOOD ON AND AROUND THEM! DEVS WON"T HELP STILL! GOSH?

oneshotkillfc

SMP, you play on private pvp, where admins and community made mods fix your issues and you always come back to denounce everyone making solid complaints about a game which is 4+ years old, had multiple addons each worth 20-30$, while the base game still costs 50$ on steam without any addons. 

I hope that everyone realizes that you are just a major troll on this forum and that your opinions on official server matters shouldn't be taken serious by anyone on here.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Fukushu said:

SMP, you play on private pvp, where admins and community made mods fix your issues and you always come back to denounce everyone making solid complaints about a game which is 4+ years old, had multiple addons each worth 20-30$, while the base game still costs 50$ on steam without any addons. 

I hope that everyone realizes that you are just a major troll on this forum and that your opinions on official server matters shouldn't be taken serious by anyone on here.

If my comments irritate you, perhaps it's because they hit a little too close to home?  I'm assuming you have a similar mindset to the entitled and inexperienced players I'm unabashedly vocal in my criticisms towards.

Never been a fan of trolling, burns too much gas.  I'm more of a bait soaker, myself.

29 minutes ago, SMP said:

If my comments irritate you, perhaps it's because they hit a little too close to home?  I'm assuming you have a similar mindset to the entitled and inexperienced players I'm unabashedly vocal in my criticisms towards.

Never been a fan of trolling, burns too much gas.  I'm more of a bait soaker, myself.

The person constantly telling everyone how they have no problems because they play on the only platform with mods is accusing others of being entitled.  That's raptoring rich.

After playing since breeding came into the game, yeah...  This is a bug since the beginning, and it is unlikely it will be fixed soon sadly.  But I don't want them to fix it because -I AM SPECIAL AND MY DINOS ARE IMPORTANT-, I just wish they wanted to refine the game a bit because they want it to be better.  I i wish they wanted the game to be more polished and weren't ok with the "Good 'nuff!" quality level.  It's not like we can't play, or bossfight, or breed, or anything.  It's just the little things.  I wish they wanted to fix them.  It's been a while since the "Quality of Life" catalog post, and the catalog is kinda stalled out.  I want to hope, but I'm prepared to just continue on as is.

3 hours ago, Spiral3 said:

The person constantly telling everyone how they have no problems because they play on the only platform with mods is accusing others of being entitled.  That's raptoring rich.

Let's be accurate here.  When I'm reporting "no problems here", it's generally regarding complaints about the lack of support on official servers. In which case, it's an accurate statement.  I never said I didn't have the problem with hatchlings starving.  I've had it happen many times.  The first time, I researched the issue and learned why it happens. The second, third and fourth time, I groaned and blamed myself because I know better. 

What I didn't do is hop on the forums and cry about how WC isn't giving me my money's worth for a toy that's cost me about $0.006 per hour so far.

7 hours ago, SMP said:

Let's be accurate here.  When I'm reporting "no problems here", it's generally regarding complaints about the lack of support on official servers. In which case, it's an accurate statement.  I never said I didn't have the problem with hatchlings starving.  I've had it happen many times.  The first time, I researched the issue and learned why it happens. The second, third and fourth time, I groaned and blamed myself because I know better. 

What I didn't do is hop on the forums and cry about how WC isn't giving me my money's worth for a toy that's cost me about $0.006 per hour so far.

I get the satirical approach to the topic (I mean the initial statement that started the argument), and its hilarious to me but it doesn't always come across on the forums when people get irritated about something.  You might be a "if they CHOOSE to get offended or misinterpret, that's their problem" kinda guy, and if so I get that, but just trying to bridge the gap between why people are reacting to your posts, I dunno.  Unless you are OK with the argument!  hahahaha

ARK also moves forward, so in one sense it is a cumulative experience and can be sorta valued as such.  But in another very real sense, all of the next moments matter too as you move on to a new goal or objective in breeding, building, or exploration.  Even people who have 8-10k hours want to see the bugs fixed!  I personally do, at ~8500 hours, because they affect the whole playerbase.  A tribemate has 11000 hours, she would LOVE to see bugs fixed.  Another tribemate at 3500 hours, he would also love to see the bugs fixed.  Someone who just started and runs into bugs like the baby-starve bug wants them fixed.  I personally don't think there is anything overbearingly entitled or over-the-top crybaby-ish about someone being hugely peeved about this and wishing it would be fixed.  Just my opinion on the matter.

8 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Or you just intend on irritating people. Which seems to be the growing consensus. 

lol "growing consensus", huh?  You got a poll goin' somewhere?

If my intent was to irritate people, Joe here would have me banned in an hour.  If folks can stifle their indignity long enough to make it past a little sarcasm, they'll see I'm usually trying to help by sharing some insight into how business works with those who don't yet have that experience, or to point out that the problem in question is a relatively easily avoided one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have lost so so so many juveniles from logging out for the night as they are "feeding on trough" to find them all dead in the morning with troughs full of meat.  

I have left my char in a chair looking directly at babies over night and still woke up the next morning to find them dead

I have also sat in game and watched them change from baby to juvenile with food in their inventory, 4 full tech troughs, jerky, cooked and raw meat in their inventory, and they have literally starved and left bags with all their meat.  

They literally just stop eating for some reason, no matter if you are there or not... it seems that you have to go in their inventories for them to eat again. 

This is on Valguero, friends on other maps do the same without issue.  

I'm finding it really really hard to raise stuff unless I'm there 24/7, I cant be assured stuff is working as intended.  

If you look at the game design, and you follow the pathways to progression and how the mechanics are initialized, used, and then maintained, I think you'll see the problem.  When you design a system that relies on a certain amount of dependability by other core systems in order to function properly and deliver that game experience everyone wants,  it makes sense that the priority should be to making sure those core systems work. Trough bugs, food bugs, this is a huge huge aspect of Ark. Not only is it huge but it's also treading dangerously over the top of "player investment" which is and will always be a factor that any smart game studio will recognize and respect. Fact is, if I invest a week of game time into raising 40 Rexes and on the final day they all starve because they've stopped eating,  I'm gonna be pissed, especially after I spent all that time raising em, making sure I logged in and did the babysitting, etc.  While I don't intend this to sound arrogant or egotistical,  my time is valuable. period.  So yeah, if you take a steamy dump all over my time and show a total lack of respect in it by not making this game run the way it should, I think it's quite reasonable to be perturbed by it.

P.S - I personally believe this is a mix between hardware instability and reliability and the programming.  Server counts down... food consumption event fires .. Server rolls back 20 seconds due to latency .. Server counts down,  food consumption event fires..  Eventually all the performance issues are gonna cause mayhem.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Mass Babies starving WITH FOOD ON AND AROUND THEM! DEVS WON"T HELP STILL! GOSH?

proabably on pve

All the tames ppl keep, you know, that lvl 68 blue owl you tamed cuz you were gonna breed in the stats later. That pink and blue wyv thats level 84 max level sitting in your base cuz it looks cool. PVE pillar spam not only on bases with 100's of tames but structure capped in stone cuz they were making a castle. 

All this makes your server lag. Your babies raise but food doesnt drain. Literally only PVE nerds complain about this problem. PVP servers dont have this problem unless theres massive tribes on serve with multiple base spots  and generally raise things but dont raise 100 lvl 49 pteras cuz they look cool. 

Move serves or get off pve

2 hours ago, Rio4201 said:

If you look at the game design, and you follow the pathways to progression and how the mechanics are initialized, used, and then maintained, I think you'll see the problem.  When you design a system that relies on a certain amount of dependability by other core systems in order to function properly and deliver that game experience everyone wants,  it makes sense that the priority should be to making sure those core systems work. Trough bugs, food bugs, this is a huge huge aspect of Ark. Not only is it huge but it's also treading dangerously over the top of "player investment" which is and will always be a factor that any smart game studio will recognize and respect. Fact is, if I invest a week of game time into raising 40 Rexes and on the final day they all starve because they've stopped eating,  I'm gonna be pissed, especially after I spent all that time raising em, making sure I logged in and did the babysitting, etc.  While I don't intend this to sound arrogant or egotistical,  my time is valuable. period.  So yeah, if you take a steamy dump all over my time and show a total lack of respect in it by not making this game run the way it should, I think it's quite reasonable to be perturbed by it.

P.S - I personally believe this is a mix between hardware instability and reliability and the programming.  Server counts down... food consumption event fires .. Server rolls back 20 seconds due to latency .. Server counts down,  food consumption event fires..  Eventually all the performance issues are gonna cause mayhem.

Its interesting bug nevertheless as it seems to be selecting who to affect. I have had not a single baby starve due the food bug in my time on ark since release. And i have raised thousands of babies. It did happen on early access but not since official release. And this on official servers.

This diloing bug is annoying. Back then, I was appointed to raise 20 boss rexes and a yuty by my tribe leader. I made sure they made it to juvie and then filled them full of meat and the troughs to go to bed. When I woke up I logged onto starved babies. Their item bags were still there and had raw meat. My tribe mate booted me out of the tribe because of my lack of care but really it’s the games fault. He refuses to believe me it’s a bug :(

It can also be a server roll back occurring right after you log.   My tribemate just had that happen to him.

Our ab server rolled back right after he had podded stuff and I logged on to find it all out and didn’t think much of it until imprint times came and went.  Next day he told me they were all podded when he logged.

Absolutely, which ties in nicely to my theory that this whole thing originates from degrading server performance.  Many games base their mechanics on ticks which is game development is usually a measurement of time associated with a loop or main game loop.  Seeing that these ticks are usually integral to the performance of other loops and processes, should something as drastic as a main loop tick be thrown off, well it would logically throw off other systems and loops tied to the main game loop.  Unfortunately, I believe that's whats happening.  My only other guess (without seeing the code) would be to say that the trough system may have an independent method they use to determine the rate in which the food inside them is distributed to the surrounding dinos, again, this is tied to the main loop, but if those two features are butting heads with one another due to the system integrity issues, that could be causing it as well. Either way tho, a rollback definitely could cause the problem, especially if my hunch is correct on the second part of this response, if one system is giving contradictory information and passing them to the variables of another, they would definitely break and/or be inconsistent. 

Ok today I just popped a 1155% base Melee carno egg that I payed 1000 tek walls for on official server and this bug happened to me again. I watched the baby carno hit juvenile with max food in inventory with 2 troughs of cooked meat. I logged off for a few hours and then when I came back to check on it, POOF. All that’s there is the carnos item cache with raw meat. So infuriating

Try using 1 feed trough per group of dino's. don't have multible troughs the dino's get confused when they have to make choices. They will eat from the closest trough to them and will ignore the one an extra building square away because the empty one is closer.
I have 12 troughs near each other within a 3x3 and my dinos will eat from one that has food when the previous one they eating from runs out.

2 minutes ago, Castlerock said:
1 hour ago, crasht01 said:
Try using 1 feed trough per group of dino's. don't have multible troughs the dino's get confused when they have to make choices. They will eat from the closest trough to them and will ignore the one an extra building square away because the empty one is closer.

I have 12 troughs near each other within a 3x3 and my dinos will eat from one that has food when the previous one they eating from runs out.

Yep work's most of the time but sometimes it does not so people can try the minimum to see if they get a base result of zero dino's dying with this problem as I have never had this problem while doing 1 trough at a time for 2 to 4 feeding from it. I spread the troughs at least 10 squares away from each other and place dinos right next to each trough. 

Archived