Base relocation or rebuild

Monde

Ok so here's the background. I have a cluster (Island and Ragnarok). I have a stunningly terrible base on the Island (Herbivore Island) which is fixable. I have walled in the entire bay and have a good house which just looks terrible. This base I have big plans for and am well into the file phase of the planning. However, here is where I need advice, on Rag I am feel meh about my base and location.

I started out in the Pirate Cave but found I missed the view and outside air. So moved to Viking Bay and built on the rocky bridge but am just not feeling it. So the thought are: 

• Bash the base to the ground and start again
  • Leave the base as a resource point and Build a new base elsewhere.
  • Abandon the base and start again.

Starting again I would be asking if people had ideas for location. I do have 2 Argies, Ptera, Deo, Beaver and Stag (not sure what they called now) left after an Alpha Rex trashed my base and killed my dinos. I am looking to become a Bird Breeding Guy and breed Rexes for Boss fights but my Rex breeding base is on the Island.

Ideas? Advice?

On Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 2:14 AM, Monde said:

Ok so here's the background. I have a cluster (Island and Ragnarok). I have a stunningly terrible base on the Island (Herbivore Island) which is fixable. I have walled in the entire bay and have a good house which just looks terrible. This base I have big plans for and am well into the file phase of the planning. However, here is where I need advice, on Rag I am feel meh about my base and location.

I started out in the Pirate Cave but found I missed the view and outside air. So moved to Viking Bay and built on the rocky bridge but am just not feeling it. So the thought are: 

• Bash the base to the ground and start again
  • Leave the base as a resource point and Build a new base elsewhere.
  • Abandon the base and start again.

Starting again I would be asking if people had ideas for location. I do have 2 Argies, Ptera, Deo, Beaver and Stag (not sure what they called now) left after an Alpha Rex trashed my base and killed my dinos. I am looking to become a Bird Breeding Guy and breed Rexes for Boss fights but my Rex breeding base is on the Island.

Ideas? Advice?

Ditch the Rag base. Turn it into a small storage for a Bary for quick black pearls later. Its a laggy spot known for kicks.

If you want to tame birds and rexs then near Green ob is the place. Many rex spawns, big, open and a few cool coves along the shoreline side, a nice lake spot near a few griffin spawns (and 2 sap redwood trees plus bee nests) just outside green obby.

Tame them on Rag and transfer to island to breed

Well thought I would update. Got my Tree house going and the first floor is enclosed with some beautiful space and designs (If I may say so myself)......you might have noticed I am pretty chuffed with it. Got my Griffin. Saw a pure black 193 (Server max is 200) and just had to have it. Used Mutton to tame it up so only got 87 levels. To do it I had to create a taming base very close to them and loads of Argy's so a win win.  Pics attached.

Griffin.thumb.jpg.478a7ff85abf8a8426b87ffdf309d294.jpg1686897454_Workroom.thumb.jpg.28c470085ff753766b00cd7361d874df.jpg1493914086_Basemententry.thumb.jpg.3db5612d4de336cd742aa4d7dc28d780.jpg

Archived