22 minutes ago, Feniris said:

Hey all, after having 3 blue screen incidents today I’ve turned to you lot for advice! Is it worth getting a ps4 pro and will it improve my time spent on ark? Will the ps4 pro stop or at least reduce the amount of crashes and lag on the game?  Thanks again 

Did the trick for me (but xbox one x).

16 hours ago, Feniris said:

Hey all, after having 3 blue screen incidents today I’ve turned to you lot for advice! Is it worth getting a ps4 pro and will it improve my time spent on ark? Will the ps4 pro stop or at least reduce the amount of crashes and lag on the game?  Thanks again 

It might. Some of it is just the game unfortunately. A PS4 Pro will not fix all of the crashes but maybe a few. Lag can be your internet if your playing online. I have 2 PS4s and one crashes more on one than on the other so yeah that’s a thing too. Some are exclusive too. For example, on PS4 1 transferring from any map into Scorched Earth crashes the game. On PS4 2 this doesn’t happen. None of my friends have this issue either.

My friend with a PS4 Pro has crashes as well. (He gets livid when it happens too) He gets them about 3-4 times a day.

22 minutes ago, NumberVIIIAxel said:

It might. Some of it is just the game unfortunately. A PS4 Pro will not fix all of the crashes but maybe a few. Lag can be your internet if your playing online. I have 2 PS4s and one crashes more on one than on the other so yeah that’s a thing too. Some are exclusive too. For example, on PS4 1 transferring from any map into Scorched Earth crashes the game. On PS4 2 this doesn’t happen. None of my friends have this issue either.

My friend with a PS4 Pro has crashes as well. (He gets livid when it happens too) He gets them about 3-4 times a day.

Thanks for the feedback mate, i just don’t know if it’s worth buying or do I wait for the ps5? 

58 minutes ago, NumberVIIIAxel said:

I got a pro and have about 1 every two days 

Just now, NumberVIIIAxel said:

So it does seem to just be whether the game likes or hates you then. Games like ARK make me wish we could see crash reports...

It depends more on the server itself in my personal experience. I personally have bad internet and still don't crash to often. I only crash when there's server issues or someone is transporting a huge amount of stuff. People could also doing those lat tricks I read so much about. Also, the PS5 comes out AT LEAST a year from now. So I just say try some new server's experiment around. Don't blame yourself or your internet. Something I have been considering getting is a Ethernet cable when we move. This is a decent way to get better internet. So I hear.

1 minute ago, Pasta said:

It depends more on the server itself in my personal experience. I personally have bad internet and still don't crash to often. I only crash when there's server issues or someone is transporting a huge amount of stuff. People could also doing those lat tricks I read so much about. Also, the PS5 comes out AT LEAST a year from now. So I just say try some new server's experiment around. Don't blame yourself or your internet. Something I have been considering getting is a Ethernet cable when we move. This is a decent way to get better internet. So I hear.

I run a wired connection and mostly play on an unofficial cluster with some friends. My ping is 20-30 normally. It does work better than when I ran wi-fi. Occasionally the server will lag out if a big base gets raided and you are nearby and looking at it. I learned to look away and back away. That will crash some people but I just get disconnected from the server with an error.

I am not sure how much bad connection will contribute to actual game crashes but it will contribute to connection timeout. Aside from the SE travel crash on the one PS4 I don’t have any crashes otherwise.

I agree with the PS5 coming out at this point better to save your money. Just hope it’s backwards compatible or something. Haven’t really been following it so I don’t know if they announced anything or not.